Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jermaine Terry II, 2021 4* TE, Richmond (Kennedy HS), CA (Offered 9/11)

13»

Comments

• Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Didn't think it was possible but Jimmy somehow hired a TE coach that's an even worse recruiter than PaoPao.

Unless someone is a top tier recruiter, you really aren’t going to get a gist of what they can do in a couple months. Cato definitely isn’t going to blow up the recruiting trail, but too early to compare him to paopao.

Regardless pretty much only Bowers is left from our first Grouping of offers and he’s got the entire country after him.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

FWIW, on the latest West of the Rest podcast (not much to actually note so I didn’t make my remarks in the other thread) both Huffman and Angulo said that when talking to recruits lately, there are 3 teams they all mention:

Oregon, Washington, and fucking Cal (also swap ASU in about 30% of the time).

Apparently Wilcox is creating a lot of buzz with how hard he’s recruiting.

Cal unforgivably too high.

Pleaseds to beings crosspoasting to Triumphs of Troy threads.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Didn't think it was possible but Jimmy somehow hired a TE coach that's an even worse recruiter than PaoPao.

It's probably a little too early to determine that
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117

It's probably a little too early to determine that
    Maybe, but early returns are not encouraging. Struck out on Yary, struck out on Terry, was essentially eliminated by Moliki before Sam got him back in the fold. Compare that to Junior Adams who closed Puka and made great strides with Jalen during his first couple months.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,082
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The following year should be a banner year in state. Tumwater alone has two great prospects. All that being said (JBS), it would be ideal to get at least one this year.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    edited February 2020

The following year should be a banner year in state. Tumwater alone has two great prospects. All that being said (JBS), it would be ideal to get at least one this year.

I’m really hoping that we somehow standout for Brock Bowers. 6’3” 215 with a 40 inch vert and runs a 4.55 tested as a sophomore. Hopefully seeing a similar stocky hybrid TE in HB getting drafted top 3 in receiving yards at the position and getting drafted day 2 helps our case with him. Doubt we get him though. He went out of his way to say that Oregon was in the best position as far as the western schools.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,082
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Younger Otton might end up too big to play TE. That’s a young looking kid to be 6’6” 235.
    All I know is that I want him.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11151510/Ryan-Otton
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    Dick Fain asked Wilner today if the Pac12 recruiting woes are over now that Cal landed Terry. jfc he's a moron and actually makes Softy look good.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Younger Otton might end up too big to play TE. That’s a young looking kid to be 6’6” 235.
    All I know is that I want him.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11151510/Ryan-Otton
    Me too. I think Cade would have been good on defense too. See his film and knew he would be good.

Can’t get enough guys that are smart players that know the game. The Otton’s do and they are big so they are must takes. I don’t care if the younger one plays TE, OT, or DL. Easy lay up that will be a good player in college.