Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cozzetto

I finally listened to the podcast of the Husky Honks. What a mistake. They want Nuss.

But what blew me away was Dick Baird saying what a fabulous job Cozzetto has done. He has produced 100 yard rushers five straight years, blah blah blah.

Seriously????

We have been blessed with probably the best two consecutive backs in Husky history, both of whom were successful despite the lines. And two QBs in Locker and Price who got the crap beat out of them because of consistently lousy pass protection.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    You have to support the coaches. THEY HAVE FAMILIES, DAMMIT!
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Contract > Family
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Global said:

I finally listened to the podcast of the Husky Honks. What a mistake. They want Nuss.

But what blew me away was Dick Baird saying what a fabulous job Cozzetto has done. He has produced 100 yard rushers five straight years, blah blah blah.

Seriously????

We have been blessed with probably the best two consecutive backs in Husky history, both of whom were successful despite the lines. And two QBs in Locker and Price who got the crap beat out of them because of consistently lousy pass protection.

Most offensive linemen prefer blocking for running plays because........ it's simpler that blocking for passing plays and they get to deliver a blow to their opponent rather than receive a blow. We have had two of the all-time best Husky RB's the past five seasons and I think Sankey may be the best or as good as any at getting the difficult yards that I've seen in 50 years. In watching the offensive line work as a unit, it's obvious that their run blocking although not dominating is better by far than their pass blocking which I believe Keith Price can attest to. Of course, offensive lines must do both and that takes a lot of very hard work both by coaches as well as players.

I'm not even sure than Cozzetto is a OL coach so much as a RB coach with regards to his resume. It really doesn't matter to me because I can see that the OL either individually or as a unit is simply subpar compared to what we should expect for a Husky OL. It's one position where Husky Football has excelled for most of the many years I've been watching and it's obvious to me that Cozzetto is for whatever reason below average as a OL coach. And then there's the mediocre recruiting of the position which is something I will never understand. Whatever the reason for the slow development of the Husky OL, it has me hoping that Cozzetto doesn't return on the new staff.

• Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Nuss = Sark = Kiffin = Gilby = Weiss = JoshFuckingMcDaniels

I swear Dick Baird has dementia.
  • Options
    trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

The more Baird speaks the further he descends toward Pat O'Day/SchickShadelHospitalCommercial levels of idiocy.
  • Options
    GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Tailgater said:

Global said:

Seriously????

Most offensive linemen prefer blocking for running plays because........ it's simpler that blocking for passing plays and they get to deliver a blow to their opponent rather than receive a blow. We have had two of the all-time best Husky RB's the past five seasons and I think Sankey may be the best or as good as any at getting the difficult yards that I've seen in 50 years. In watching the offensive line work as a unit, it's obvious that their run blocking although not dominating is better by far than their pass blocking which I believe Keith Price can attest to. Of course, offensive lines must do both and that takes a lot of very hard work both by coaches as well as players.

I'm not even sure than Cozzetto is a OL coach so much as a RB coach with regards to his resume. It really doesn't matter to me because I can see that the OL either individually or as a unit is simply subpar compared to what we should expect for a Husky OL. It's one position where Husky Football has excelled for most of the many years I've been watching and it's obvious to me that Cozzetto is for whatever reason below average as a OL coach. And then there's the mediocre recruiting of the position which is something I will never understand. Whatever the reason for the slow development of the Husky OL, it has me hoping that Cozzetto doesn't return on the new staff.

I totally agree. We have just been lucky. Polk could get more yards after contact than most backs I have seen recently and he needed to do so because the holes were never there? Sankey is different, with extraordinary peripheral vision to spot openings which others might not see and then burst to them. In either case, while the OL has become better this year at run blocking as compared to terrible last year, the fact remains that they have always been awful at pass blocking.

We have to improve Washington at the two lines of scrimmage. That is what has been holding us back as much as any other factor in recent years.
  • Options
    PRedoubtPRedoubt Member Posts: 141
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    firecozetto.com This has been totally overlooked by this bored. I know, you've been distracted by Pool Boys and such, but this is now a priority! Write a big check and hire Cable as OL coach.