Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Let's Be Real (Browning vs Eason Debate)

BigDaddyNickBigDaddyNick Member Posts: 37
edited September 2019 in Hardcore Husky Board
I am not happy. As I look through social media all I see are uneducated college football fans hyping up this Jacob Eason guy. ESPN making tweets about his 349 yard 4 TD game. They even went as far as saying, "his 4 TDs are the most in a UW Football season opener since Brock Huard in 1998", which is objectively false (and who tf is Brock Huard). But behind all the hype surrounding Eason, you can hear my tears. Ever since Jake Browning declared for the NFL Draft, we've been screwed. As Jake Browning lives out his dream of being an NFL quarterback, we're settling with a mediocre QB who can't even start in the SEC. a No QB in UW history will ever accomplish was Browning did. You all are creaming over Eason's game today, but let me direct you some notable performances by Jakey: 304 passing yards, 6 passing TDs, 2 rushing TDs at Oregon, 378 passing yards, 6 passing TDs at Cal-Berkeley, 5 passings TDs vs Idaho, 354 passing yards vs Utah, 405 passing yards @ Arizona State, 494 career punting yards. These astonishing games and statistics have been taken for granted by Huskies fans, and I'm upset. We had the most explosive offense since Jeff Lindquist started at Hawaii. Eason had 1 okay game compared to Browning standards and it was against Eastern flipping Washington (who aren't even D1 if I'm not mistaken). Hopefully we can bring back Browning as a QB coach or something.

Comments

• TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

I am not happy. As I look through social media all I see are uneducated college football fans hyping up this Jacob Eason guy. ESPN making tweets about his 349 yard 4 TD game. They even went as far as saying, "his 4 TDs are the most in a UW Football season opener since Brock Huard in 1998", which is objectively false (and who tf is Brock Huard). But behind all the hype surrounding Eason, you can hear my tears. Ever since Jake Browning declared for the NFL Draft, we've been screwed. As Jake Browning lives out his dream of being an NFL quarterback, we're settling with a mediocre QB who can't even start in the SEC. a No QB in UW history will ever accomplish was Browning did. You all are creaming over Eason's game today, but let me direct you some notable performances by Jakey: 304 passing yards, 6 passing TDs, 2 rushing TDs at Oregon, 378 passing yards, 6 passing TDs at Cal-Berkeley, 5 passings TDs vs Idaho, 354 passing yards vs Utah, 405 passing yards @ Arizona State, 494 career punting yards. These astonishing games and statistics have been taken for granted by Huskies fans, and I'm upset. We had the most explosive offense since Jeff Lindquist started at Hawaii. Eason had 1 okay game compared to Browning standards and it was against Eastern flipping Washington (who aren't even D1 if I'm not mistaken). Hopefully we can bring back Browning as a QB coach or something.

Great whoosh as always
  • jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    Dear Jake Browning,

What you have done for this program has been unmatched by any Husky since the dawn of time. Your presence was felt the moment you stepped on campus, and your legacy is one that will last forever. Through the ups and downs, you have stayed level-headed and played at a Heisman level every week. You will go down as the greatest Huskies of all-time, and the best player from a stacked senior class. I know you didn't win every game, but it was never your fault, and that's all that matters. You are the reason that receivers such as John Ross, Dante Pettis, and Austin Seferian-Jenkins are able to play at such a high level to this day. A wise man once said, "any ball that Browning touches will be blessed", and that saying rang true in all four of your remarkable seasons. I know that that not all Husky fans are fond of you, but one day, when your jersey is hanging up in the rafters with Husky greats such as Jeff Linquist, Ben Burr-Kirven, and Race Porter, the people will know what you truly meant to me.

Love, BigDaddyNick
  • BigDaddyNickBigDaddyNick Member Posts: 37

Dear Jake Browning,

What you have done for this program has been unmatched by any Husky since the dawn of time. Your presence was felt the moment you stepped on campus, and your legacy is one that will last forever. Through the ups and downs, you have stayed level-headed and played at a Heisman level every week. You will go down as the greatest Huskies of all-time, and the best player from a stacked senior class. I know you didn't win every game, but it was never your fault, and that's all that matters. You are the reason that receivers such as John Ross, Dante Pettis, and Austin Seferian-Jenkins are able to play at such a high level to this day. A wise man once said, "any ball that Browning touches will be blessed", and that saying rang true in all four of your remarkable seasons. I know that that not all Husky fans are fond of you, but one day, when your jersey is hanging up in the rafters with Husky greats such as Jeff Linquist, Ben Burr-Kirven, and Race Porter, the people will know what you truly meant to me.

Love, BigDaddyNick

hey i said that
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,151

I love a good grudge as much as the next guy, but it’s time to let Browning go.

Wipe.

Flush.

Wash hands.

The Vikings heard you.

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,860
  • LevelParLevelPar Member Posts: 447

Big Daddy Dick...go gargle Browning's Balls.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,667 Standard Supporter
    All that said, Jake Browning still sucks.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,009 Founders Club
    Why all tha hatin on my boy Jake?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    PurpleJ said:

caz he bites dick when he supposed to suck it. that is just poor technique
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,667 Standard Supporter
    PurpleJ said:

Why not?