Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Are Husky degenerates rooting for Oregon or Auburn?

Comments

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,605
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    War Eagle! I hate Oregon and want them to go 0-12
    The Pac ten in the early 2000's was pretty bad. You had an elite USC and then your best teams are Cal(too high) and Oregon pre Chip. Even Oregon State was considered an upper echelon Pac team during this period. That is some bad shit. Just win the games in front of you and maybe, just maybe win a bowl game against an elite program and nothing matters. It's not the job of Oregon or Utah or UCLA to change Washingtons national perception. It's UW's job. Just win. That said I hope Auburn inserts a plunger of such enormous size so deep into Marios backside that he can plunge toilets with his mouth instead of running it about OKG's and elitism to recruits. FTG.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,605
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Speaking of running on, my second to last sentence ran on like this guy. Go Dwags!

• Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Go Ducks! You don't wanna see the sqwad!
    https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

Scroll that list. Almost every top kid in the PAC footprint is leaving to head East to a school in a conference that they perceive plays big time football and where they have a chance to win championships. Admittedly, a lot of this can be left at Larry Scott and the presidents' feet, but the product in the field needs to be more convincing.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Mad_Son said:

haie said:

Mad_Son said:

haie said:

I hope by the end of this season the country thinks that this conference is just Washington and some garbage mountain west schools.

Bad news, they are going to think Washington is a garbage mountain west school when our best win is against an oregon team that couldn't even beat the sixth best team in the SEC.
    Don't care.
    How can you think Oregon's failure is more important than our success? I thought we'd run the doogs from here.
    Recruiting. The Cristobal hype train needs to be thrown off the tracks. The sooner the better.

We can still succeed in a shit conference, unless you are obsessed over making the playoffs which I am not this year.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sources said:

AU win helps for recruiting. Need to temper their spin machine some.

No more of this shit. The season is starting. Let’s win games to win championships and not worry about what 2023 is gonna look like.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Emoterman said:

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

Scroll that list. Almost every top kid in the PAC footprint is leaving to head East to a school in a conference that they perceive plays big time football and where they have a chance to win championships. Admittedly, a lot of this can be left at Larry Scott and the presidents' feet, but the product in the field needs to be more convincing.

What kid that we desperately wanted has chosen an SEC team over us?
    To'oto'o was not about conference prestige.
    Ringo? Oregon made his top 5 and not us.
    Ransom? Yeah maybe but we were never even close on him.

I'm sure there are a couple of examples but not many. Clemosn recruits fine in a shit conference.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited August 2019
    We need to leave room for an opening to snag Urban Meyer as head coach. Maybe keep Cristobal on as a recruiter, because he's an ace in that department. Getting plungered in this game might help. A win would be ok, but excitement won't follow. Most Oregon fans, except for the quookiest of quooks, know that Hubert is a dud, Cristobal is a bozo and the staff are dopes that should be coaching softball instead of football. We also know Oregon is weak willed and lets off the gas after a signature win. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the ducks beat Auburn, only to lose to the first crappy PAC team on schedule, and look like total clowns doing it.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,728
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Mad_Son said:

Best friend is an Oregon fan, and his meltdown's are fucking hysterical. Add in what Baze said about the videos that kid makes and my week will be full of laughter.

Also fuck the perception of the Pac-12. Win all your games and it doesn't fucking matter (the ACC is fucking garbage). Also fuck Oregon being able to use a win over an SEC progrum as a recruiting tool.

Last, but certainly not least, Portland radio is the new home of the Ducks. For months I've heard the Oregon hype train gaining steam. Best line in the country (ranked in the 60's last year but cool they bring everyone back), best recruiting class and staff West of the Mississippi (is that why UW has more Blue Chips over the last 2 classes?), Justin Herbert is a God and #1 overall pick even though he's been so fucking inconsistent in his career, etc, etc.

I'd love to have a week of just hearing how they were wrong and Oregon isn't as good as we thought.

The ACC is crap but that isn't the national narrative. ESPN isn't laying out cupcakes at Clemson games. That is why this should matter to us. The thing that will help us most head to head recruiting versus Oregon is 70-21 and making the playoffs.

At least I can respect wanting to see your friend meltdown.
    Also when we win two National Championships in three years we won't need to care about the strength of the conference anymore. We will be a brand unto ourselves.

Until then our fortunes rise and fall with the PAC.

And unfortunately there are very few chances for the conference to improve its reputation this season.

The best teams either play all cupcakes (UW, Utah, WSU) or games they are likely to lose (UO, Stanford, USC, ASU.)

Then there is all the dreck doing dreck things like losing to Hawaii and Cincy let alone getting blown out by Oklahoma and Oklahoma lite.

This Oregon-Auburn game is one of a very few P5 games the PAC could pull upsets in.

Others being:

Colorado vs. Nebraska
    Stanford not fucking up vs. Northwestern and @UCF and as a bonus beating Notre Dame
    ASU @ Michigan State
    The Fighting Smiffs vs Okie Lite
    Cal @ Ole Miss

Thats about it.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,239
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've rooted for Oregon twice ever in my life. Both times in the Rose Bowl. In 1994 I was too young and stupid so @backthepack was MO. In 2014 took a rapist QB and #NoMeansNo tomahawk chants.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,230
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,737
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You are such a stupid wine sucking piece of shit if you're #backingyourpac for fucking Oregon.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I tried rooting for Oregon in the Rachel Marie Doyle Natty.

Never again.