Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kiper with Eason as the #3 QB for 2020 draft

Comments

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,437 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Baring injury, he's 100% gone.

He might not know it yet, but he gone.

Holding out hope otherwise is just dooging.

Let me fucking doog!
    While I'm raining on the doog parade Clay Helton is equally unlikely to be back next year.

Work through that denial towards acceptance.
    The only thing that will keep Helton around is the ineptitude of the USC AD.

So there's a chance.
    Nah the hope is that ineptitude chooses a terrible successor.

Helton's DAO.
    Odds are you are right. I'm simply stating there's a (very slight)chance this dumpster fire manages to smolder because of the warehouse being on fire atm.

It would take a confluence of Helton doing well enough to hold on(unlikely),
    the AD continuing to be a dumpster fire of scandals and ineptitude(likely), while not being overhauled(semi-likely),
    funds not being there(likely but also as likely that someone ponies up the cash to get a better hire see next),
    and the coaching carousel leaving USC being the single seat open between a pair of couples again that nobody decided to pick(who fucking knows? Urban to SEC again or somewhere else?)
    OR the AD fucking up the slam dunk hire of Urban(likely) and SC being left with no better hire worth spending big money on(essentially what happened last year).
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 4,011
    Eason isn't leaving, barring cataclysmic events. Haener made it very clear he left because Eason will be here two years.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Bread said:

Eason isn't leaving, barring cataclysmic events. Haener made it very clear he left because Eason will be here two years.

Sonics has made it clear it's like a 50-50 chance right now Eason comes back.

The important part of that is right now.

Once he realizes how high his stock is even if he's not killing it he's going to be gone.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    Bread said:

I highly doubt that. Whatever Eason may or may not have "committed" to, none of that matters once the 2019 season ends and draft grades start coming in.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    He's leaving unless he doesn't

Mel Kiper isn't the source - the evaluation by the league will be

And it will still come down to what Skinny wants.

Guys leave for a second round grade it they want to get out.

Things change all the time
  • PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    I'd say there is a high probability that he gone. Best case is that Sirmon starts 2020 gets some great film and also goes. There is almost a zero chance that Huard isn't an early enrollee. I can't imagine a scenario in which he doesn't start from day one.
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,974
    Well, I suppose Mel Kiper's preseason draft predictions can't possibly be any more inaccurate than the predictions he makes the day before the actual draft. So what the hell, let's all doog it up.
  • BillyBobgrizfanBillyBobgrizfan Member Posts: 16
    Hello Husky fans.
    So how did your QB lose his starting position to a freshman? Is that Georgia QB that good? Has your QB played a game since he lost his starting job?
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236

Hello Husky fans.
    So how did your QB lose his starting position to a freshman? Is that Georgia QB that good? Has your QB played a game since he lost his starting job?

Wally Pip! (Hope you have thick skin)
    Please, don't worry about me. Now answer the question.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236

Please, don't worry about me. Now answer the question.

I did. Read it again.
    animate said:

Hello Husky fans.

Wally Pip! (Hope you have thick skin)
    spelled Pipp, not pip

Anyway that still doesn't answer my question. Eason had a knee injury. He recovered but could not beat Fromm for the starting position. Why?
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Eason is the type of QB that Petersen hates. He doesn't like the gambler and improvisor style. He wants a Tom Brady robot. My guess is Eason is pushed out after a year. If he shits the bed, and stays, he'll lose the job next year regardless.
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,974

Well, I suppose Mel Kiper's preseason draft predictions can't possibly be any more inaccurate than the predictions he makes the day before the actual draft. So what the hell, let's all doog it up.

It’s nothing to doog it up about. Eason will get picked early as long as he isn’t absolutely horrible for UW. There have been so many bum QB’s that have been picked in the first round.
    I actually agree, he does have a good chance of being drafted that high. But on the other hand, I like to shit on Mel Kiper whenever I get a chance.