Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kyler Manu is our starting LBer

Comments

• animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236
    I would laugh my ass off (and be pleasantly surprised) if he played out of his mind and made pac 12 first team ...
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,203 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2019
    There's zero faith in the coaching staff up in this motherfucker. Remember, Lake and K are calling the shots here and adjust defense to their personnel. Until we don't have a top defense in the country, I'm gonna give the benefit of the doubt if they want to play Manu. Many seniors who haven't done fuckall have succeeded. He's got the size. Let's see what this fucker has got. My boy Manu bout to have 6 forced fumbles, 12 sacks, and a fumble 6 with a flip into the endzone. Then he's gonna poop the ball out like Dougie and be banished to the bench for all eternity and become the Washington version of Paul Bunyan.

Shit, Saturday can't come soon enough.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,557 Swaye's Wigwam

There's zero faith in the coaching staff up in this motherfucker. Remember, Lake and K are calling the shots here and adjust defense to their personnel. Until we don't have a top defense in the country, I'm gonna give the benefit of the doubt if they want to play Manu. Many seniors who haven't done fuckall have succeeded. He's got the size. Let's see what this fucker has got. My boy Manu bout to have 6 forced fumbles, 12 sacks, and a fumble 6 with a flip into the endzone. Then he's gonna poop the ball out like Dougie and be banished to the bench for all eternity and become the Washington version of Paul Bunyan.

I was with you for the first half of the post. Then shit got a little weird
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,437 Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

Depth charts under Pete are meaningless, especially before week 1. If he's getting the majority/plurality of snaps at BYU then I'll be upset.

Remember when the wombat was in the two deeps vs auburn? And then he got meaningful playing time also. Chart will probably change at some point. But chart don't lie.
    If we were playing auburn it would be a different story. We are playing Eastern Washington. Even if Manu "starts" Saturday Sirmon and tafisi will get lots of snaps (probably close to as many if not more than Manu) and I believe Manu will be phased out more and more as the first few weeks progress, just like wombat.

That is unless manu shows he can play (highly doubt it) and be serviceable.
    My only gripe would be that UW shouldn't be in this position in the first place. Also, one injury to those younger guys starting and we are looking razor thin.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    animate said:

I would laugh my ass off (and be pleasantly surprised) if he played out of his mind and made pac 12 first team ...

If he made pac10 first team, he getting drafted
  • OneNippleOneNipple Member Posts: 179

My boy Manu bout to have 6 forced fumbles, 12 sacks, and a fumble 6 with a flip into the endzone.

Not bad for one game....even if it is Eastern!
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,203 Swaye's Wigwam

It was a late night. The train got derailed.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,347 Swaye's Wigwam

Chinned because I imagined every detail, and laughed.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

Depth charts under Pete are meaningless, especially before week 1. If he's getting the majority/plurality of snaps at BYU then I'll be upset.

Remember when the wombat was in the two deeps vs auburn? And then he got meaningful playing time also. Chart will probably change at some point. But chart don't lie.
    If we were playing auburn it would be a different story. We are playing Eastern Washington. Even if Manu "starts" Saturday Sirmon and tafisi will get lots of snaps (probably close to as many if not more than Manu) and I believe Manu will be phased out more and more as the first few weeks progress, just like wombat.

That is unless manu shows he can play (highly doubt it) and be serviceable.
    My only gripe would be that UW shouldn't be in this position in the first place. Also, one injury to those younger guys starting and we are looking razor thin.
    Agree. I'm full on the fire Gregory wagon. No excuse for this depth
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club

Linebackerer?...

The Great Spirit has ordereded your death.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,487 Standard Supporter

HonestDon said:

Cant wait for him to be a solid player, which is what usually happens when swaye or ddy make these posts

dannarc said:

Manu is the next BBK....LIPO

I want this to be true but the comparison doesn’t work. BBK was playing and producing as a true freshman. He had more tackles and sacks in his freshman year than Manu has in 4 years in the program.

The difference is DDY was always wrong about BBK. He is an elite athlete. His 4.56 forty at the NFL combine was 6th among linebackers and his three cone drill was tops. I remember watching his high school track film when he committed and he was anchoring 4x100 relays.

BBK haters saw an undersized and *ahem* melanin deficient MLB go for a few pony rides and dismissed his talent and athleticism. But sacrificing size for speed/quickness is less of a concern against RPO and spread offenses. He was an effective linebacker even before his monster defensive POY season.

Manu is somewhere between JAG and huge liability.
    The problem I’ve always had with DDY’s analysis is the bias against guys he didn’t like as recruits. Once they get to UW, production is production.

When BBK or Myles Bryant missed a play, it was singled out and pounded. Guys he liked miss plays all the time and he doesn’t say anything. Joyner was picked on a few times against Stanford’s bigger WR’s too in 2017. Molden came in that game and gave up a 40 yard pass, yet all that he pounded away at was Myles Bryant.

I’ve always said if BBK was named Jamal Williams, the view would be that he’s super quick and active albeit undersized. Since BBK was white and a recruit he hated, it was that he was small, weak, and we desperately needed to level up.
    #truthy
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,170

Now we know that Big Ern is actually Big Em and stands for Manu.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Swaye said:

Linebackerer?...

*Sacrificed*
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Myles Bryant was very good last year. I don’t understand wtf ppl talking about.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,539 Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Linebackerer?...

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    Mad_Son said:

FirePete said:

Myles Bryant was very good last year. I don’t understand wtf ppl talking about.

Bryant has everything but height. He struggled against players like Arcega-Whiteside because of that.
    But that was two years ago