Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL took a nap and woke up at halftime creep vs SEC game thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Sources said:

If and when the U jettisons Diaz, is Mario their #1 target?

It makes less sense to ask that question now than it would have made to speculate who replaces Peterman after 7-6.

A lot of water yet to flow under he brdge b4 that chat comes up, on both counts: Diaz and Cristobal.

One thing I know with absolute certainty: if Mario can recruit to Oregon, and he has, he would destroy at Miami. So there's that.

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,462
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sources said:

It makes less sense to ask that question now than it would have made to speculate who replaces Peterman after 7-6.

A lot of water yet to flow under he brdge b4 that chat comes up, on both counts: Diaz and Cristobal.

One thing I know with absolute certainty: if Mario can recruit to Oregon, and he has, he would destroy at Miami. So there's that.

Yeah, but can Mario actually coach. Jury is still out hombre.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    PurpleJ said:

Sources said:

Yeah, but can Mario actually coach. Jury is still out hombre.
    Sure, it is. But, they won more games, won their bowl, had fewer penalties and committed to the run last year with mixed, but mostly good, results. They had holes on the roster, most notably at WR. I continue to argue that his first year was mostly a successful one. If we're into moral victories, which many Peterman fans tend to be (acknowledging here that the purists like Race are consistent in holding all coaches to their records and nothing more), he's a thin hair removed from a 10-win season with one WR, no tight ends and limited depth on D.

This season will tell much more about who he is. No question.

That said, I'd have him on my staff doing anything just for his recruiting chops. He's done it at every single stop. There's simply no denying it.

What he desperately needs to do at Oregon is hire a good staff. That, to me, is where the jury is really still out. Will he stubbornly stick with someone who isn't getting it done? Or will he make the hard decisions to fire/hire
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,462
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’m gonna go with he sucks because he coaches Oregon. So does Chip Kelley. Rofl!