Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Urban to USC just became very real to me.

89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
First of all, I'm a huge Urban ball gurgler. I always believe his bullshit reasons for not only leaving us, but always leaving everyone else. No shit, he told us he was leaving Utah because at Florida he never had to leave the state to recruit and he'd be home often enough to teach his son how to throw a curve ball. True fucking story, and us being the family is everything kind of culture, we bought it hook, line and sinker.

So he leaves Ohio State citing heath reasons, just like why he left Florida, I believed him. Some of you might remember when he took the OSU job, he pulled out a piece of paper which was a contract he signed with his family. That he would be home and shit, go to his daughters volleyball games, sleep, take care of himself bla bla bla... Bullshit bullshit bullshit. Well I bought that too.

So, getting to the point here, I had an opportunity to ask Whittingham about Urban to USC. It was during a booster luncheon today. Full disclosure, I'm a bottom rung Crimson Club member so I'm a fucking knowbody which is why I'm here. Kyle and Urban are truly close friends. Urban was here visiting the U, probably a Fox Sports function, don't really know. Urban spent the night at Kyle's house. After all the ball sauce swapping, they talked football. In response to my question to Kyle regarding Urban to USC, I expected to hear something along the lines of "Urban is done and he's out for good.". But no, he said and I'm paraphrasing, once the season starts and the juices start flowing, he'll get offers and he's certainly going to field them.

So there it is, Urban to USC. You're fucked and I'm fucked. This is the only year we, Utah has a shot. You fuckers can keep you're heads up your Petermen ass all you want, but when Urban arrives at USC we're all playing for second.

Fuck you, fuck me, fuck everyone.

Comments

• Options
    HanseeHall78HanseeHall78 Member Posts: 156
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Never happens if Lynn Swann is still USC's AD
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    USC is too far gone at this point ... unless boosters totally fund Urban's salary.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Screw USC. Urbane will be coming to Oregon if he's coming to the PAC.
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2019
    animate said:

USC is too far gone at this point ... unless boosters totally fund Urban's salary.

I hope you're right. But I don't think you are. These fuckers want nattys and the talent is already there. USC is just a good coach away. I don't see how USC is too far gone. I am puzzled why they keep tripping over their dick when it comes to coaching hires.
  • Options
    HanseeHall78HanseeHall78 Member Posts: 156
    edited August 2019

Screw USC. Urbane will be coming to Oregon if he's coming to the PAC.

Urban doesn't need to regress to a "step-up" program.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,412
    89ute said:

animate said:

I hope you're right. But I don't think you are. These fuckers want nattys and the talent is already there. USC is just a good coach away. I don't see how USC is too far gone. I am puzzled why they keep tripping over their dick when it comes to coaching hires.
    It's because SC usually feels compelled to hire "SC guys."
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    animate said:

89ute said:

animate said:

I just think that there is so much legal shit going on in so many areas with USC (not even talking about money for hiring) that USC would be very adverse to hiring anyone short of Mahatma Gandhi to coach their football team.

But.

This is big-time college football so anything can happen and money talks bullshit walks and all that great stuff.

We'll see. I would not be surprised to see urban at USC having said all this
    well it seems you have covered all your bases.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231

animate said:

89ute said:

animate said:

I just think that there is so much legal shit going on in so many areas with USC (not even talking about money for hiring) that USC would be very adverse to hiring anyone short of Mahatma Gandhi to coach their football team.

But.

This is big-time college football so anything can happen and money talks bullshit walks and all that great stuff.

We'll see. I would not be surprised to see urban at USC having said all this
    well it seems you have covered all your bases.
    Always have an out, always.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    i just dont see trooj making a competent football hire as they usually go with an alumni.

i could see urban being a 'finalist' but 'loosing' out to jack del rio or jeff fisher.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    He moved to la in the offseason. Other p12 fans who won’t admit to themselves what’s about to happen are delusional
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,412
    ntxduck said:

He moved to la in the offseason. Other p12 fans who won’t admit to themselves what’s about to happen are delusional

Pretty sure that's where his new employer is located. But still.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    89ute said:

First of all, I'm a huge Urban ball gurgler. I always believe his bullshit reasons for not only leaving us, but always leaving everyone else. No shit, he told us he was leaving Utah because at Florida he never had to leave the state to recruit and he'd be home often enough to teach his son how to throw a curve ball. True fucking story, and us being the family is everything kind of culture, we bought it hook, line and sinker.

So he leaves Ohio State citing heath reasons, just like why he left Florida, I believed him. Some of you might remember when he took the OSU job, he pulled out a piece of paper which was a contract he signed with his family. That he would be home and shit, go to his daughters volleyball games, sleep, take care of himself bla bla bla... Bullshit bullshit bullshit. Well I bought that too.

So, getting to the point here, I had an opportunity to ask Whittingham about Urban to USC. It was during a booster luncheon today. Full disclosure, I'm a bottom rung Crimson Club member so I'm a fucking knowbody which is why I'm here. Kyle and Urban are truly close friends. Urban was here visiting the U, probably a Fox Sports function, don't really know. Urban spent the night at Kyle's house. After all the ball sauce swapping, they talked football. In response to my question to Kyle regarding Urban to USC, I expected to hear something along the lines of "Urban is done and he's out for good.". But no, he said and I'm paraphrasing, once the season starts and the juices start flowing, he'll get offers and he's certainly going to field them.

So there it is, Urban to USC. You're fucked and I'm fucked. This is the only year we, Utah has a shot. You fuckers can keep you're heads up your Petermen ass all you want, but when Urban arrives at USC we're all playing for second.

Fuck you, fuck me, fuck everyone.

89ute, with the season upon us, and the greater slc media/local area college fans living in a total bubble, i wanted to ask a few questions:

1) at least tell me you misspoke and are 'in the bottom rung of the scholarship circle.'

2) do you rock the 'crimson club' license plate holders on the front and back plates?

3) how many car flags you rockin on thursday?

4) how many mojava's from FiiZ you gonna down tailgating in provo on thursday nite?

5) lastly, the sheltered utah media points to a number of offensive players back which will put utah over the top. what really hasnt been addressed, probably cause they know kyle would take their nuts and press passes, is the fact utah is on their what? 9th OC in the last 11 years? but this time the guy 'is family' and 'did really well in 2008!' but, BUT! this year different though?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    will probably take urban one year to clean the house. so i expect uw has 2 year window. This is great for the conference.