Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Idaho Statesman report

The local newspaper here in Boise reports this morning that Chris Peterson is the frontrunner candidate for the head football coaching job at UW and that Doug Nussmeier (Idaho vandaloser) is candidate no.2. Neither the BSU athletic director nor Peterson himself have been available for comment after numerous media requests.

It is common each year at this time for Peterson to be rumored the leading candidate for a job opening at a major school and to my knowledge, the truth of such rumors have been denied by the coach either immediately when publically reported or within a day, as was the case with the USC rumor earlier this week. I'm thinking the silence here in Boise is thus far unusual, but that could be wishful thinking on my part.

I expect something in the form of a denial from Peterson will happen today (if not already)....... or shockingly, we (Huskyfans) may be in for great joy. FYI, Peterson has in the past rejected offers or inquiries from not only USC, but also Stanford, UCLA, and I believe Oregon at one time. Peterson grew up in southern California and has many connections in the state's prep football system through an extended family of coaches. There is one thin reason that might influence Peterson to make a move to the Pac-12, and that is the obvious fact that BSU cannot now nor probably ever expect membership in a better conference than the semi-podunk Mountain West.

Comments

• RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    So the road to the next head coaching job at UW goes through the state of fucking Idaho? Awesome...
  • Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541
    One think to consider....Boise joined the MWC at a time when it looked like it had a legit shot at AQ status. The departures of BYU, Utah and TCU have left the league as little more than a glorified WAC.

This may be entering into his thinking process.....
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,609
    WTF? Did you say the same thing about DJ and Kent State?

So the road to the next head coaching job at UW goes through the state of fucking Idaho? Awesome...

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    The arguments that he turned down the USC job so he won't come here are stupid. There was an article someone poasted yesterday about how the whole Sark deal went down and it mentioned that Petersen had withdrawn his name because it just wasn't a good fit. Said USC wasn't sure if he had the personality for the USC media and they didn't want another Kiffin.

Typically in the past he has shot down ideas of coaching somewhere else pretty quick. He could be doing this to bring back some national attention since his team was terrible this year, but I think he is seriously considering it.
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    HFNY said:

WTF? Did you say the same thing about DJ and Kent State?

That was a little before my time but, yes, I probably would have. To be perfectly honest I think Petersen would be the best choice of all the realistic options.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    C'mon, the Broncos were not "terrible" just because they lost to Sark big on a very special day at Montlake,..... nor because they didn't come up to Broncomania expectations that each year BSU must be good enough to go on the road clear across the country and beat the likes of Virginia Tech or Georgia. BSU lost four games in 2013, all on the road to UW(6-38), Fresno State(40-41), BYU(20-37), and San Diego State(31-34), while they fairly stomped everybody else on their cupcake/donut hole schedule. FYI, Boise State gets far more attention nationally than UW does these days. The Broncos have had the underdog thing going for them ever since beating Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl and have I think been very enterprising in taking advantage of their marketability, middling as it might be. ESPN loves BSU even though hardly anybody outside the Mountain West will schedule them now.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,568 Founders Club
    I don't follow Boise Beauty School, but at his age there has to be a voice in his head telling him he should test the waters at a real school. HIs kids have to be almost grown by now. In 10 or 12 years it will be too late. And who wants to stay in Boise?! ( no offense Tailgater).
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    My sources said the problem was Peterson used teeth.

The arguments that he turned down the USC job so he won't come here are stupid. There was an article someone poasted yesterday about how the whole Sark deal went down and it mentioned that Petersen had withdrawn his name because it just wasn't a good fit. Said USC wasn't sure if he had the personality for the USC media and they didn't want another Kiffin.

Typically in the past he has shot down ideas of coaching somewhere else pretty quick. He could be doing this to bring back some national attention since his team was terrible this year, but I think he is seriously considering it.

• mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    Well if he's looking for that at a major University, we're a good fit.
    Tailgater said:

C'mon, the Broncos were not "terrible" just because they lost to Sark big on a very special day at Montlake,..... nor because they didn't come up to Broncomania expectations that each year BSU must be good enough to go on the road clear across the country and beat the likes of Virginia Tech or Georgia. BSU lost four games in 2013, all on the road to UW(6-38), Fresno State(40-41), BYU(20-37), and San Diego State(31-34), while they fairly stomped everybody else on their cupcake/donut hole schedule. FYI, Boise State gets far more attention nationally than UW does these days. The Broncos have had the underdog thing going for them ever since beating Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl and have I think been very enterprising in taking advantage of their marketability, middling as it might be. ESPN loves BSU even though hardly anybody outside the Mountain West will schedule them now.

• TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

I don't follow Boise Beauty School, but at his age there has to be a voice in his head telling him he should test the waters at a real school. HIs kids have to be almost grown by now. In 10 or 12 years it will be too late. And who wants to stay in Boise?! ( no offense Tailgater).

No offense taken. I'd like to get the fuck out of here and return to the coast and may have to make it happen if we get a good coach and I can pry myself out of a way underwater condo. I'm retired and the novelty of moving back to the town of my upbringing has just about worn out.

• CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    HFNY said:

WTF? Did you say the same thing about Urban and Utah?