Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Survival rates for pancreatic cancer not good

SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
Survival Rates

According to the American Cancer Society, for all stages of pancreatic cancer combined, the one-year relative survival rate is 20%, and the five-year rate is 7%. These low survival rates are attributable to the fact that fewer than 20% of patients’ tumors are confined to the pancreas at the time of diagnosis; in most cases, the malignancy has already progressed to the point where surgical removal is impossible.

I would imagine that when you factor in an age of 86 these numbers don't improve.

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,363
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I hope no one cheers her death

Seriously

I've always heard pancreatic is the worst

Its what took down Patrick Swayzee
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,512
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I wish RBG a painless and enjoyable remainder of her life, regardless of how brief it may be.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,857
    RBG has been propped up like Weekend At Bernie’s for months now. From a professional standpoint she should have resigned/retired so a replacement could be appointed by the supposed authoritarian dictator/fascist President.

What’s that you say??? Appointing Supreme Court Justices is a designated duty of the President of the United States and has been since damned near day one??? You don’t say...

But wishing or cheering death ain’t cool. Barbara Bush, Koch brother, Bill Clinton’s pimp Epstein. Not cool at all.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,363
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The politics is to keep her alive long enough to get to 2020 so THE GARLAND REVENGE can be wrought

Ultimately won't matter because Trump is going to win anyway and appoint her replacement
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,915
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    RBG is a power crazed zealot. She should have retired gracefully in 2014 and barry could have replaced her with a much younger progressive anti-constitutional zealot. But alas, she didn't.
  • Options

RBG is a power crazed zealot. She should have retired gracefully in 2014 and barry could have replaced her with a much younger progressive anti-constitutional zealot. But alas, she didn't.

In defense of RBG, wood smash Felicity Jones. Young RBG, not so much.

https://ew.com/movies/2017/10/02/felicity-jones-ruth-bader-ginsburg-photo-on-the-basis-of-sex/
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

RBG has been propped up like Weekend At Bernie’s for months now. From a professional standpoint she should have resigned/retired so a replacement could be appointed by the supposed authoritarian dictator/fascist President.

What’s that you say??? Appointing Supreme Court Justices is a designated duty of the President of the United States and has been since damned near day one??? You don’t say...

But wishing or cheering death ain’t cool. Barbara Bush, Koch brother, Bill Clinton’s pimp Epstein. Not cool at all.

Remember this is the place where we joke about gurgling in whatever river that is that runs through Eugene. This is madness. This is Sparta!!!!!!!

Buckle up buttercup.
  • Options

Remember this is the place where we joke about gurgling in whatever river that is that runs through Eugene. This is madness. This is Sparta!!!!!!!

Buckle up buttercup.

Is that a Prefontaine joke?!?

Too soon, bro. Way too soon.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Buckle up buttercup.

Is that a Prefontaine joke?!?

Too soon, bro. Way too soon.
    Not originally, but it is now.
  • Options
    HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited August 2019
    Both my parents died from Pancreatic cancer. If the tumor is in the tail you have a chance, in the head you're fucked. Age 86 probably doesn't matter.
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    It’s unbelievable that she can just hang in there no matter how sick she is. Are we going to have RBG on life support in chambers for oral arguments? 🤡
  • Options
    RBG’s original pancreatic cancer diagnosis was in 2009. The 10 year survival rate for pancreatic cancer is 1%
  • Options
    Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,504
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    DJDuck said:

It’s unbelievable that she can just hang in there no matter how sick she is. Are we going to have RBG on life support in chambers for oral arguments? 🤡

She will, once again, "work from home".

Fully engaged, I'm sure.
  • Options
    BlackieBlackie Member Posts: 499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    Survival rates for life not good.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I hope no one cheers her death

Seriously

I've always heard pancreatic is the worst

Its what took down Patrick Swayzee

I always thought it was Brad Wesley
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,049
    Founders Club

Buckle up buttercup.
    When I was dining recently with Khaleesi, we were seated next to a river. At one point, I pointed and asked "Umm, is that the McKenzie?" She said no, it was the Willamette.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Hell just fill RBG up with Oxycotin. She’s just using up resources that won’t matter to her in the end. She’s also using up valuable funding that could be used for the young. I’m with ya’ Barack.

Oboner was an opioid pusher...........who knew?

• Options
  • Options
    Analysis: Justice Ginsburg’s “Bile Duct Stent” – A Treatment Typically Used in Advanced Cases to Provide End of Life Care

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/08/analysis-justice-ginsburgs-bile-duct-stent-a-treatment-typically-used-in-advanced-cases-to-provide-end-of-life-care/