Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Popeyes chicken sandwich

Comments

• Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

I grew up with the Olympia Shakeys. Seattle had one on the waterfront when I lived on 4th and Vine that closed

A long drought until finding them here in the IE

Same great taste

Tumwater guy, but close enough to upvote you two for the Oly Shakey's. Good tims.
    Cheers--
  • Options
    StLouisDawgStLouisDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 489
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Founders Club

NEsnake12 said:

The best chicken sandwich you’ll ever have in your life is at Howlin’ Rays in LA, no contest. Nashville style hot chicken

Except....like, in Nashville....
    No, went to Princes, the home of hot chicken in Nashville at it was fucking awful. Inedible. I once ate a pork chop that had been in my desk for three days and another time a full can of gas station tamales I got for 69 cents. Princes hot chicken was way worse than either.

Nashville is great for girls in cowboy hats that like to swallow, but for chicken it sucks ass.
  • Options
    StLouisDawgStLouisDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 489
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Founders Club
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,933
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2019

NEsnake12 said:

The best chicken sandwich you’ll ever have in your life is at Howlin’ Rays in LA, no contest. Nashville style hot chicken

Except....like, in Nashville....
    No, went to Princes, the home of hot chicken in Nashville at it was fucking awful. Inedible. I once ate a pork chop that had been in my desk for three days and another time a full can of gas station tamales I got for 69 cents. Princes hot chicken was way worse than either.

Nashville is great for girls in cowboy hats that like to swallow, but for chicken it sucks ass.
    Princes?!? Wtf

Hattie Bs forevah!!!

Biscuit Love is pretty fucking magical too.

The best fried chicken I ever had was in Toronto. Fucking amazing.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Bob's Tavern in beautiful downtown Shelton has pretty fucking good fried chicken.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,933
    dflea said:

Bob's Tavern in beautiful downtown Shelton has pretty fucking good fried chicken.

Yeah but....Shelton.

• Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221

dflea said:

Yeah but....Shelton.

I was going to think up an argument, but................yeah.

lol
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Chick-fil-A is better.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I went and had it. It wasn’t better at all and was kind of gross. I don’t know whether that was because of the sandwich itself or the retards working at this particular Popeyes.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I went and had it. It wasn’t better at all and was kind of gross. I don’t know whether that was because of the sandwich itself or the retards working at this particular Popeyes.

Abundance
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    How isn't Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich not in this debate? Obviously you can get some that aren't good, but when you get a good one, they are spectacular.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    If you degenerates ever visit Vancouver this place is awesome

https://www.dlchickenshack.ca/

Really, really good
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

How isn't Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich not in this debate? Obviously you can get some that aren't good, but when you get a good one, they are spectacular.

Absolutely.

Wendy's spicy chicken has the highest ceiling (I haven't been able to get one of Popeye's new ones yet).
    CFA has a lower ceiling but much higher floor.

The thing about CFA that makes them the standard is they are consistently good every time. Never dry, never overcooked, never undercooked, never stale, bread is never bad, and you never have to wait long.

CFA is the standard because their system is the best, not because their food is the best.

If Wendy's had CFA's system the Spicy Chicken would be legendary. But they don't. Unfortunately you can get a stale one, a tough one, an overcooked one, I even had an undercooked one once. None of those things ever happen at CFA.

But nothing CFA makes is as good as that spicy chicken sandwich. Nothing they make is as good as Popeye's fried chicken either.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I ate the Wendy’s spicy chicken for years until I found Chick Fil A. It’s not a contest.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I ate the Wendy’s spicy chicken for years until I found Chick Fil A. It’s not a contest.

Disagree. Though in fairness I am not a fan of CFA's fries so I think that grundle's my opinion of their sandwich a bit.