Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Left-Wing Journalists Celebrate David Koch’s Death on Twitter

DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
However the Koch’s were Nevertrumpers that wouldn’t support a candidate that supported Trump. David Koch was a Republican Elite that supported unbridled immigration to provide low paid workers for the US.

https://freebeacon.com/issues/left-wing-journalists-celebrate-david-kochs-death-on-twitter/

Comments

• jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    I'm surprised you're? Surprised.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,635 Standard Supporter
    The radical leftist Progressives celebrated when Barbara Bush croaked, for god's sake.

The radical leftist Progressive have no decency or shame.

{time for H and CD to whine weigh in}
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,631 Founders Club
    Concerned about Trump's tone
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    Good, one less libertarian.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,049 Standard Supporter
    ’m libertarian leaning – like Glenn Reynolds at Instapundit. However, at some point common sense needs to kick in and neither Glenn or I support open borders. The Koch brothers treat/ed libertarianism as a religion and that includes open borders. The official libertarian religion is that there should be no welfare and thus anyone coming to the US will provide value in services. You might eventually sell me on that (but probably not) but that’s not how it works now and never will. You need to make decisions based on reality not on believing in unicorn farts. The US is currently a welfare magnet to the third world and only Trump was running on that issue. Not one dem, then and not one dem ever, is going to deal with that reality. When you are in the same arena as AOC, you might consider getting out of the intellectual sewer.

Then they were never Trumpers. They didn’t like the tone. As I’ve said, I don’t believe in asymmetrical warfare. The Koch’s again completely ignored the actual facts on the ground with any republican being called a nazi white supremacist. They preferred the maverick – mitten’s approach of taking the high road and losing. Losing is for losers.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited August 2019
    Ts & Ps to his family, but looking at this objectively, it's good for the United States that he's gone.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,987

’m libertarian leaning – like Glenn Reynolds at Instapundit. However, at some point common sense needs to kick in and neither Glenn or I support open borders. The Koch brothers treat/ed libertarianism as a religion and that includes open borders. The official libertarian religion is that there should be no welfare and thus anyone coming to the US will provide value in services. You might eventually sell me on that (but probably not) but that’s not how it works now and never will. You need to make decisions based on reality not on believing in unicorn farts. The US is currently a welfare magnet to the third world and only Trump was running on that issue. Not one dem, then and not one dem ever, is going to deal with that reality. When you are in the same arena as AOC, you might consider getting out of the intellectual sewer.

Then they were never Trumpers. They didn’t like the tone. As I’ve said, I don’t believe in asymmetrical warfare. The Koch’s again completely ignored the actual facts on the ground with any republican being called a nazi white supremacist. They preferred the maverick – mitten’s approach of taking the high road and losing. Losing is for losers.

What % of the total welfare state is attributable to third world immigration into the US.

You'll find a friend in me on the welfare state issue. What else should we do to deal with that problem? Do you mind it that much less when it happens to be someone who by accident of history was born here?

I'm all for doing something about the bloated welfare state, but it should be an effort to minimize it across the board; all users.

As for people who come here, make it simple: ten years, no welfare. You have to be here for 10 years and working and current on your taxes before you can apply for anything. Like 20 better? I'm good with that. 20 years. Very few exceptions, like total (proven through a rigorous process) disability, etc. Otherwise, the answer is no.

Why focus on only one part of the welfare state problem? Makes little sense to me. People on welfare are a drag to society, be they citizens or otherwise.
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,857 Standard Supporter
    Well hell has frozen over. I agree with you on both of your last posts

Well hell has frozen over. I agree with you on both of your last posts

See?
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,405

The radical leftist Progressives celebrated when Barbara Bush croaked, for god's sake.

The radical leftist Progressive have no decency or shame.

{time for H and CD to whine weigh in}

Weigh in about . . .?
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    edited August 2019
    DJDuck said:

However the Koch’s were Nevertrumpers that wouldn’t support a candidate that supported Trump. David Koch was a Republican Elite that supported unbridled immigration to provide low paid workers for the US.

https://freebeacon.com/issues/left-wing-journalists-celebrate-david-kochs-death-on-twitter/

Boohoo. So sorry the billionaire who spent his entire life buying politicians to enrich himself was disrespected on Twitter.
    I'm happy to dramatically cut citizen welfare including crony capitalism. Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway gets over $700 million a year in federal tax credits for wind and solar farms. The topic however was Koch"s and the dems open border policy combined with a massive I'll governed welfare state.

I'm happy to dramatically cut citizen welfare including crony capitalism. Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway gets over $700 million a year in federal tax credits for wind and solar farms. The topic however was Koch"s and the dems open border policy combined with a massive I'll governed welfare state.

This is the Tug. We can make the topic whatever in the fuck we? want it to be. I don't know that I've ever seen a thread that stayed focused on the original point.
  • Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,562
    dhdawg said:

DJDuck said:

Boohoo. So sorry the billionaire who spent his entire life buying politicians to enrich himself was disrespected on Twitter.
    Libtards, never lacking in class.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,635 Standard Supporter

This is the Tug. We can make the topic whatever in the fuck we? want it to be. I don't know that I've ever seen a thread that stayed focused on the original point.
    Damn, you're on to me.
    edited August 2019
    Your point however was off my point. I redirected. You seemed bent by that.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,953
    dhdawg said:

DJDuck said:

Guy gave away billions to charity over the course of his life
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,405
    But Anarcho-Totalitarianism lives on.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

Ts & Ps to his family, but looking at this objectively, it's good for the United States that he's gone.

Hardly. He and his family are good business people. Good business people create value. The Kochs created value. They took a public company private in a deal I worked on. That company had great assets and a historical brand and did nothing but lose money and was destined for the scrap heap. The Kochs bought it, admittedly on the cheap, and made it profitable and viable. Most people at the company were able to keep on working.

I'm struggling to see why the US is better off.
    The Kochs are big money corrupters in politics, like Soros. They support open borders and pay off politicians to support that shit too. So they can screw off. Open borders doesn't add value to America, it makes America a less successful, more divisive place and is a recipe for revolution.