Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The UW Doog Pod Season 2 Episode 1 We're Back!

Comments

• Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Would be an enhanced listening experience and shave about 10 minutes of time off the pod with just 50% less F-bombs IMO.

Appreciate the effort! God Bless!
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    89ute said:

Much improved sound quality since I last listened @UW_Doog_Bot. It's been a while for me so I don't know when it actually improved. Thanks all the same.

This recording was actually a fucking mess. I spent a ton of time in post cleaning it up but I can still here a ton of stuff I could have worked on and cleaned up. Especially if we bothered doing stuff like multi track recording...

So I actually appreciate the sound quality feedback.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Maybe @RuffaloSoldier can guest star at some point.
  • Options
    RuffaloSoldierRuffaloSoldier Member Posts: 84
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Why is there a clicker that says 'F*** Off' that is not very classy
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    @UW_Doog_Bot

You weren't wrong. You said by the time you got this edited Elijah Jackson would have been committed and announced.

Plus Covington and Esteen.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2019
    Wow that was tough listen. Fudgepack don’t try so hard to be funny. I personally enjoy the alienrape chamber it add some character to the pod.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,892
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Is was cool you guys let grundle speak so much!

Haven’t listened yet but surprised no one said GRUNDLE STOp. Also surprised he didn’t communicate through GIFs.

Side note, it took about 6 weeks for my new phone autocorrect to pick up GRUNDLE STOp
    Grundle sounds like Gladstone. Well, at least that’s what I think from the combined minute they let him talk.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Is was cool you guys let grundle speak so much!

Haven’t listened yet but surprised no one said GRUNDLE STOp. Also surprised he didn’t communicate through GIFs.

Side note, it took about 6 weeks for my new phone autocorrect to pick up GRUNDLE STOp
    Grundle sounds like Gladstone. Well, at least that’s what I think from the combined minute they let him talk.
    We are just lucky that grundle podz here at all.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ungrateful fuck. I gave you and your little shit heads a s/o and you can’t even thank me? Diaff

Alright fudgie. So dinner last night was great. The kids cheered and really appreciated it!

They did what me to tell you thank you and said something about dropping too many f bombs but then in the same sentence my 5 yr old said “this faggot needs to die in a fucking fire.” No clue where this was learned from.

Pretty bummed I had to explain alien rape chamber to 4 kids between the ages of 5 and 10 but I’m sure they’ll get over it.

#themoreyouknow
    Yvbe.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited August 2019

Ungrateful fuck. I gave you and your little shit heads a s/o and you can’t even thank me? Diaff

Alright fudgie. So dinner last night was great. The kids cheered and really appreciated it!

They did what me to tell you thank you and said something about dropping too many f bombs but then in the same sentence my 5 yr old said “this faggot needs to die in a fucking fire.” No clue where this was learned from.

Pretty bummed I had to explain alien rape chamber to 4 kids between the ages of 5 and 10 but I’m sure they’ll get over it.

#themoreyouknow
    Your 5 yr old sounds like a douchecanoe
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm tired of doing this, so I'm quitting, but I think the point stands. My fuzzy recollection is that Cal played the Huskies the most aggressively of any defense they faced (even Ohio State played a hell of a lot of nickel and cover-2), and yet they weren't doing anything that was crazily stacked against the run. Eight in the box was only ever in response to two tight ends or a tight end and a fullback. The conventional wisdom that defenses stacked the box to stop the run due to a lack of faith in Browning's arm is ignorant. For starters, you don't need to stack the box to stop the run, as the Huskies' base nickel proves. But mostly, Browning's arm--and a healthy lack of respect for the receiving corps--hurt the intermediate passing game more than anything, as safeties were cheating up and teams like Cal were playing a lot more man coverage on obvious passing downs than they otherwise might. Plays in the running game were there to be made all year, and sometimes they were made! Other times they were blown up usually due to missed blocks, bad reads by the backs, or FS play calls. Browning's arm and a lack of physicality from the receivers (and, in my opinion, poor scheming to get receivers open) definitely hurt the passing game, but it was a team effort--all the way to the booth and sideline--when the running game failed. I don't expect that last part to change too much next year: it'll improve if the blocking/execution improves.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sidenote: I had successfully drank the memory--and therefore pain--of that Cal game away, and fuck me for looking at it again. I had totally forgotten that the Huskies scored a TD on their opening drive, which makes the offensive performance that followed even that more unbelievably shitty.