Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting Questions?

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Do you think we will finish this recruiting cycle with a 5* recruit?

Yes but don't hold me to that
    Notorious BIG
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Thank you! for taking questions ... I just wanna know this one thing:

In your opinion ... Do ka-razy fansites like HH make an appreciable negative or positive difference in recruiting in the minds/eyes of recruits? Their families? Their coaches?

Especially in this day and age of twitter/IG ...

Or are we just a bunch of internet nutjobs that really are only on the periphery of recruiting?

(sub question: do you find Ruth attractive in a homely librarian/social worker kind of way? - thanks, and i'll take your answer off the air lol ...)
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    THE PARENTS OF THE KEEDS READ THESE BOREDS!!1!1!1
  • Options

animate said:

In your opinion ... Do ka-razy fansites like HH make an appreciable negative or positive difference in recruiting in the minds/eyes of recruits? Their families? Their coaches?

Or are we just a bunch of internet nutjobs that really are only on the periphery of recruiting?

(sub question: do you find Ruth attractive in a homely librarian/social worker kind of way? - thanks, and i'll take your answer off the air lol ...)

Yes this site hurts recruiting and is a pain for the coaches to deal with. A lot of family members visit this site.
    yeesh, just the answer that I expected and the sentiment that i've always held on to ... even though I love this site and come here all freakin' day ...

but you never answered the sub question!
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

animate said:

Yes this site hurts recruiting and is a pain for the coaches to deal with. A lot of family members visit this site.

Do you believe putting the recruiting board behind the pay wall would alleviate this issue or would they still find it?
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

animate said:

What about this site scares the families? They don't see this place as a reflection of a fervent, impassioned fanbase?
  • Options
    okay, here's the other hot topic:

do you think the effort to recruit Texas is worth it?

or a waste of time?

Or not just yet? (like win a big game against a big opponent first to gain legitimacy ...)
  • Options
    doog_codpiecedoog_codpiece Member Posts: 88
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

animate said:

I know this might be tough... but can you give an actual example even if vague?

Also, why post here then?
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited August 2019
    When kids legitimately choose Oregon over UW, as you said was the case with Wilson, what's the main determining factor? In other words, what key point makes the difference?
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Will you be putting out a recruiting blog each week?

Lol no I will not
    It would magically reappear on dawgman within 24 hours with a few words thesaurus.com’ed #bitter
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Did Jake Shipley have a committable offer?
  • Options

When kids legitimately choose Oregon over UW, as you said was the case with Wilson, what's the main determining factor? In other words, what key point makes the difference?

(a) volume of the coffee cup
    (b) cool uniforms and a throne to take pictures on
    (c) coaches willing to flex and scream, in unison, in the same room, led by a moustachioed guy who kinda looks like Bill the Butcher from Gangs of New York ...