Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Navarette says he’s shutting it down...

2»

Comments

• Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Avalos ran a defense for three years, lol. Sure, he’s not Venables. The two years he ran the DL he recruited and developed Demarcus Lawrence. He also developed Vander Esch, Correa and Weaver. There’s also a track record of a defensive philosophy.

My whole family is dyed in the wool BSU fans since we’re from Idaho. Avalos is well respected by BSU fans. He dealt with heavy turnover and injury when he took over and kept the defense very respectable.

He hasn't done shit at the Power-5 level. He's unproven. We got the two best DC's in the conference on our staff. If you were this kid's parent, which staff would you tell him to trust with his future hmmm?
    Oregon just put Hollins and Jelks in as guys that got after the qb. Winston and Cumberlander did better than anyone on your front seven at getting after the qb (Tyron to be fair looks like he will be really good but sample is limited).
    LOL dude Jelks went way lower in the draft than he was projected to preseason. Stop it.
    Jelks ran 5.0+ 40 and is 260 pounds. He would’ve always gotten exposed at the combine. You know it and that’s why he came back.
    I don't know that. Sounds like he tried to bulk up because scouts were telling him he was too light and he sacrificed his speed to do it. But his stock had already tanked before the combine based on his Senior film. I thought he was better as a Junior.
    He was more productive as a senior. He came out of no where as a junior. I’d buy the fact that he got slower since he got bigger if he actually gained weight.
    He was more productive as a Junior and had twice as many sacks. He gained 20 pounds. 240 to 260 and got slower. He did not live up to expectations man.
    He had 20 more tackles and he was never 240 you dolt and 260 is very generous.
  • Options
    DuckMayneDuckMayne Member Posts: 29
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If I was his parent, I'd feel confident sending him to any Pac12 school. But he wants to rush the qb, which is something the Huskies aren't great at. He didnt buy whatever Huskies were selling and choose Oregon. He sees Oregon as up and coming (they were a 4 win team 3 years ago) and already a year ahead of schedule of where they thought they would be when Crisobal was named head coach. He made a good choice and picked Oregon and let's wish him the best.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited August 2019
    DuckMayne said:

If I was his parent, I'd feel confident sending him to any Pac12 school. But he wants to rush the qb, which is something the Huskies aren't great at. He didnt buy whatever Huskies were selling and choose Oregon. He sees Oregon as up and coming (they were a 4 win team 3 years ago) and already a year ahead of schedule of where they thought they would be when Crisobal was named head coach. He made a good choice and picked Oregon and let's wish him the best.

This is the quook version of Owen.

When teams quit on shitty coaches they lose more than they should and make the returning team appear worse than it actually is. Just like UW did not have 0 win talent in 2008, Oregon still had talent left over from good recruiting. Stop pretending like there was some massive turnaround cause Taggart and Cristobal are just geniuses
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,609
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

Things change all the time. Don't make the biggest mistake of your life kid!

He thinks Oregon will put him in a better spot to get after the qb. Oregon philosophically gets after the qb more than UW. Tyron will get his but UW probably sits back again next year.
    Kikaha's 18.5 sacks a few years ago would've been about 37 if the defense wouldn't have been sitting back.
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

DuckMayne said:

This is the quook version of Owen.

When teams quit on shitty coaches they lose more than they should and make the returning team appear worse than it actually is. Just like UW did not have 0 win talent in 2008, Oregon still had talent left over from good recruiting. Stop pretending like there was some massive turnaround cause Taggart and Cristobal are just geniuses
    Doogs can’t see the writing on the wall.

Oregon will be a competitor in the PAC for a long time. You’re still in the denial phase. I get it.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,792
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    What writing on the wall?

We’ve gone to three straight NY6 bowls with mediocre recruiting.

Now we are recruiting at an elite/very good level.
  • Options
    Y

What writing on the wall?

We’ve gone to three straight NY6 bowls with mediocre recruiting.

Now we are recruiting at an elite/very good level.

I am saying that irrespective of UW.