Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Which Power Conference Is Surprisingly Absent From the Pre-Season Top 10

2»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dtd said:

dnc said:

dtd said:

dnc said:

dtd said:

Honestly bias aside is he actually that good?

Everyone talks about how good he is but I don't remember him much from our game. Wasn't he injured most of the year?

Has he ever actually done anything?

tldr: prolly, no, no.

He was bad against ASU last year, missed a number of big throws.

He throws a great deep ball, is generally very accurate on high difficulty throws, but struggles at reads and touch on the shorter routes. He was hurt his senior? year in HS, didn't win the starting job until week 5? his freshman year at Oregon, broke his collarbone and missed 5 games his sophomore season, and last year had the worst receiving corps at Oregon since the '80s. One of those twatter analysts counted 52 drops last year. Probably the biggest issue with him, other than the drops, is timing, and perhaps that's related to experience. I dunno.

Go through these throws and tell me he doesn't have elite physical talent. It's a between the ears issue, maybe it's due to missing his senior year in HS and 25% of the games at Oregon. Also, look at the windows he's throwing into. There's hardly any separation at all. Gone are the days where Darron Thomas could throw to a dude without a defender within 10 yards and people would say "yeah but only cuz he was wide open", but now Herbert gets shit on because dudes can't get open? Okay. As a sophomore he was at 67% completion at over 9ypa. Go back through the stats and look at the P5 guys who do that each year. Lotta Heisman winners(not suggesting he will even be in the conversation).

That's not a great throw. Catchable, but not great.

Obviously better than Browning.

We heard the "butt the drops" excuses with Lockner for years (and he was Kearse'd with Jermaine, after all) but his projected increase in completion percentage once he got to the pros never materialized. He was just as inconsistent. My guess is Herbert's career arc is slightly higher altitude but ultimately the same trajectory. We'll see. He's definitely got plenty of arm talent.
    Which throw? There are tons of them in that thread, most of which doogs are already shitting themselves over when Eason makes one. Also, Lockner? Come the fuck on, they're nothing alike. Jack was an all pro jumbo WR playing QB. 54% career completion? Lazy as fuck comp.
    The one in the tweet you posted. I didn't see any thread.

I'm not shitting myself over anything Eason has done so don't lump me in that group. I have been very skeptical about Eason from the start. All I've said is I think he'll be a big improvement over Browning. Which I feel the same about Herbert.

I said I think Herbert has a higher altitude than Locker. He's clearly better. But there are plenty of similarities.
    Get off your fucking flip phone and scroll or swipe or whatever man, come on. You're not @RaceBannon

Also, you know who Herbert is similar to? Fucking Jacob Eason. Get the fuck out of here with that Lockner nonsense. And pull your fucking head out, that ball is pushing 65 yards in the air like it's nothing and was spot on. Trrrriggered.
    You're right I didn't realize how far it traveled, I was just looking at it's placement. He threw it behind the receiver who had to work his route back to the ball. If it's in front of him it's six.

Still a very good throw.

And I've comped Jake Eason to Lockner more than once so congrats for pwning me?
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,125
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

This article makes the mistake of thinking the Pac-12 is a power conference

A Power Bottom that is
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,042
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Yep, the pussy response.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    You fucking pussies arguing over who gets to be the 2nd best qb in the pac
  • Options
    dtd said:

Yep, the pussy response.

Huh?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited August 2019
    dnc said:

dtd said:

dnc said:

dtd said:

dnc said:

dtd said:

Everyone talks about how good he is but I don't remember him much from our game. Wasn't he injured most of the year?

He throws a great deep ball, is generally very accurate on high difficulty throws, but struggles at reads and touch on the shorter routes. He was hurt his senior? year in HS, didn't win the starting job until week 5? his freshman year at Oregon, broke his collarbone and missed 5 games his sophomore season, and last year had the worst receiving corps at Oregon since the '80s. One of those twatter analysts counted 52 drops last year. Probably the biggest issue with him, other than the drops, is timing, and perhaps that's related to experience. I dunno.

Go through these throws and tell me he doesn't have elite physical talent. It's a between the ears issue, maybe it's due to missing his senior year in HS and 25% of the games at Oregon. Also, look at the windows he's throwing into. There's hardly any separation at all. Gone are the days where Darron Thomas could throw to a dude without a defender within 10 yards and people would say "yeah but only cuz he was wide open", but now Herbert gets shit on because dudes can't get open? Okay. As a sophomore he was at 67% completion at over 9ypa. Go back through the stats and look at the P5 guys who do that each year. Lotta Heisman winners(not suggesting he will even be in the conversation).

We heard the "butt the drops" excuses with Lockner for years (and he was Kearse'd with Jermaine, after all) but his projected increase in completion percentage once he got to the pros never materialized. He was just as inconsistent. My guess is Herbert's career arc is slightly higher altitude but ultimately the same trajectory. We'll see. He's definitely got plenty of arm talent.
    Which throw? There are tons of them in that thread, most of which doogs are already shitting themselves over when Eason makes one. Also, Lockner? Come the fuck on, they're nothing alike. Jack was an all pro jumbo WR playing QB. 54% career completion? Lazy as fuck comp.

I'm not shitting myself over anything Eason has done so don't lump me in that group. I have been very skeptical about Eason from the start. All I've said is I think he'll be a big improvement over Browning. Which I feel the same about Herbert.

I said I think Herbert has a higher altitude than Locker. He's clearly better. But there are plenty of similarities.
    Get off your fucking flip phone and scroll or swipe or whatever man, come on. You're not @RaceBannon

Also, you know who Herbert is similar to? Fucking Jacob Eason. Get the fuck out of here with that Lockner nonsense. And pull your fucking head out, that ball is pushing 65 yards in the air like it's nothing and was spot on. Trrrriggered.
    You're right I didn't realize how far it traveled, I was just looking at it's placement. He threw it behind the receiver who had to work his route back to the ball. If it's in front of him it's six.

Still a very good throw.

Or, you know, if the dumb fuck WR had run to where the ball was, away from the defender, it would have been a massive gain. Are you seriously suggesting that the ball should be placed at the inside shoulder where the DB is? That's just fucking stupid. I'm drunk, but you need to leave. Again, watch all the throws in that thread. The Locker comp is bullshit, for both Eason and Helfrich Herbert.
  • Options
    dtd said:

dnc said:

dtd said:

dnc said:

dtd said:

dnc said:

dtd said:

Still a very good throw.

Or, you know, if the dumb fuck WR had run to where the ball was, away from the defender, it would have been a massive gain. Are you seriously suggesting that the ball should be placed at the inside shoulder where the DB is? That's just fucking stupid. I'm drunk, but you need to leave. Again, watch all the throws in that thread. The Locker comp is bullshit, for both Eason and Helfrich Herbert.
    Yeah you're definitely drunk. The receiver had inside position on the defender by a good two to three yards, then had to drift back outside the defender to go after the ball.

I'm not sure what the fuck you're watching.

Good luck the rest of the way.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited August 2019
    dnc said:

dtd said:

dnc said:

dtd said:

dnc said:

dtd said:

dnc said:

dtd said:

Still a very good throw.

Yeah you're definitely drunk. The receiver had inside position on the defender by a good two to three yards, then had to drift back outside the defender to go after the ball.

Says the guy who can't figure out twitter. And you're right, it's an arm example, but an actual WR makes that play. Watch_the_other_throws. Also, neither of us knows where that route was designed to go. Imma bet a shit ass frosh WR fucked up. /shrug
  • Options
    dtd said:

dnc said:

dtd said:

dnc said:

dtd said:

dnc said:

dtd said:

dnc said:

dtd said:

Still a very good throw.

Says the guy who can't figure out twitter. And you're right, it's an arm example, but an actual WR makes that play. Watch_the_other_throws.
    You're confusing laziness with chincapability.

I already know the dude has great arm talent and can make great throws, I'm not sure what some highlight thread is going to do here.
  • Options
    PetermanPeterman Member Posts: 675
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Herbert sucks balls