Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pete’s plunger guard

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Gladstone said:

I want to kick anyone who pooh poohs these stats in the groin.

So much for the humanity
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,268
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

FirePete said:

Or we could agree that lack of plungerings is a sign of good coaching. How many times did DJ get plungered in 18 years? Not very many. Lambo, Rick, Gilbyham and Sark all got curb stomped over and over.

beta mentally. win or gtfo. pete has a great defense, but we are paying him $7 mill put a team that has special team / offense / defense. he only delivering on 1/3 of the equation. I just hope this year the special team will get better because depth at LB and DB is better. offese will get better because ur downsyndrome of a QB not suiting up.
    Disagree. I think getting plungered regularly is more of a beta program symptom than Pete going 0-3 vs Satan, NFL Rookie of the Year, and Urbs.

Pete is a great coach, but not a miracle worker. Who in college football is? Name me one.

Pssssst

Times like these are when you pull out the University or Washington Varsity 8 Rowing letter winner Card.

Losing sucks, but the nature of competition is that there will be losses for someone.
    Never getting ass blasted is significantly better than getting blown the fuck out
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

You can say what you want about 0-3 in the NY6 games but the plunger prevention is remarkable.

Does this mean all of those teams respect! Washington like USC does?
  • Options

FirePete said:

Or we could agree that lack of plungerings is a sign of good coaching. How many times did DJ get plungered in 18 years? Not very many. Lambo, Rick, Gilbyham and Sark all got curb stomped over and over.

beta mentally. win or gtfo. pete has a great defense, but we are paying him $7 mill put a team that has special team / offense / defense. he only delivering on 1/3 of the equation. I just hope this year the special team will get better because depth at LB and DB is better. offese will get better because ur downsyndrome of a QB not suiting up.
    Disagree. I think getting plungered regularly is more of a beta program symptom than Pete going 0-3 vs Satan, NFL Rookie of the Year, and Urbs.

Pete is a great coach, but not a miracle worker. Who in college football is? Name me one.

Urbs

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,864
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

FirePete said:

Urbs

Bull shit @creepycoug . Urbs didn't win his first NT in 2006 with top 25 recruiting classes. Florida was stacking top 5 classes before he took the jerb. Look it up.

HOF. Top 2 corch of the modern era of CFP, yes. Miracle worker winning NTs with non blue blood level talent, NO.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

FirePete said:

Urbs

Bull shit @creepycoug . Urbs didn't win his first NT in 2006 with top 25 recruiting classes. Florida was stacking top 5 classes before he took the jerb. Look it up.

HOF. Top 2 corch of the modern era of CFP, yes. Miracle worker winning NTs with non blue blood level talent, NO.
    What does @89ute have to say?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

FirePete said:

Urbs

What does @89ute have to say?
    Beating Pitt is nothing speshial.
  • Options

FirePete said:

Urbs

You see? It's this level of disrespect that has caused me to withhold my campaign support.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

FirePete said:

Urbs

You see? It's this level of disrespect that has caused me to withhold my campaign support.

I meant no dis-respeck. I am trying to dispell this myth that Urbs and Saban "walk on water". They are great coaches who get elite talent and get said talent to live up to expectations. But neither of their successes at multiple schools have been "miraculous".
  • Options

FirePete said:

Urbs

I meant no dis-respeck. I am trying to dispell this myth that Urbs and Saban "walk on water". They are great coaches who get elite talent and get said talent to live up to expectations. But neither of their successes at multiple schools have been "miraculous".
    Whosoever has done more at more places?

Saban was mediocrity personified at Michigan State and lasted just long enough for a cup o' coffee in the league.

Spurrier made Duke respectable, made Florida a power, and made S. Carolina respectable. Meyer did more.

Jimmy made Okie State respectable, built a power at Miami that would outlast him, and built Dallas up from nothing. If that's your guy, I'm listening.

DJ was solid at Kent State, built a program at Washington and opted for early retirement. Not in the convo.

Meyer did it at Bowling, Utah, won 2 at Florida, one of which was against an arguably better team, won one at Buck and slept walk through a Rose Bowl over Peterman.

If it ain't Meyer it's nobody.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

FirePete said:

Urbs

Saban was mediocrity personified at Michigan State and lasted just long enough for a cup o' coffee in the league.

Spurrier made Duke respectable, made Florida a power, and made S. Carolina respectable. Meyer did more.

Jimmy made Okie State respectable, built a power at Miami that would outlast him, and built Dallas up from nothing. If that's your guy, I'm listening.

DJ was solid at Kent State, built a program at Washington and opted for early retirement. Not in the convo.

Meyer did it at Bowling, Utah, won 2 at Florida, one of which was against an arguably better team, won one at Buck and slept walk through a Rose Bowl over Peterman.

@creepycoug and @89ute - we are talking past each other. The conversation isn't about whether or not Urbs is the elite or contender for GOAT in the modern era. My contention is that he's not "miracle" worker in the sense that he never won a NT with non Top 10 type talent. I will run the numbers this week for your guys.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,185
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

I want to kick anyone who pooh poohs these stats in the groin.

I usually pay a little vietnamese lady in little saigon for this but I'm willing lower my standards for a freebie.
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

FirePete said:

Urbs

@creepycoug and @89ute - we are talking past each other. The conversation isn't about whether or not Urbs is the elite or contender for GOAT in the modern era. My contention is that he's not "miracle" worker in the sense that he never won a NT with non Top 10 type talent. I will run the numbers this week for your guys.
    But how are you going to quantify breaking the BCS in 04? It was designed to never happen. Outside of Alex Smith, the talent was a bunch of try hards. I'b betting the same situation at BG.
  • Options
    89ute said:

FirePete said:

Urbs

But how are you going to quantify breaking the BCS in 04? It was designed to never happen. Outside of Alex Smith, the talent was a bunch of try hards. I'b betting the same situation at BG.
    He's thinking!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2019
    89ute said:

FirePete said:

Urbs

How many top 25 teams did Utah beat in 2004 before they played Pitt?

So does this mean Pete is as good as Urbs because he ran the table before at BSU?