Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

One thing about Petersen

The dude had been a stud everywhere he's gone. H
Portland State went to the D2 championship when he was there, Pitt had their best offense ever when he was there, as did Oregon (until Kelly came along). At BSU he was amazing. Every nugget of shit that guy has touched has turned to gold

Comments

• Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Oregon's best offense before Chip was Tedford in 1998. I'd still take that O over the one we have now.
  • Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541

Portland State went to the D2 championship when he was there, Pitt had their best offense ever when he was there, as did Oregon (until Kelly came along). At BSU he was amazing. Every nugget of shit that guy has touched has turned to gold

Ok let's not go full retard. He has won alot of games. Most of them against Idaho, San Jose, Wyo and New Mexico St.

He's won a couple BCS games....so has Whittingham at Utah. He would be a pretty good hire that wouldn't cause me to drink bleach and jump in front of a speeding bus. But he isn't a "great" hire.....although he could turn out to be a great coach down the road.

• BlowItUpBlowItUp Member Posts: 877

Ok let's not go full retard. He has won alot of games. Most of them against Idaho, San Jose, Wyo and New Mexico St.

He's won a couple BCS games....so has Whittingham at Utah. He would be a pretty good hire that wouldn't cause me to drink bleach and jump in front of a speeding bus. But he isn't a "great" hire.....although he could turn out to be a great coach down the road.

why not?

everyone else is doing it
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

Poont of clarification. Whittingham has only had one BCS season.

Petersen > Whittingham
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    petersen beat him like a drum when they met head to head too. Whittingham canceled the trip to boise shortly after.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,379 Founders Club
    edited December 2013
    Peterson is clearly the "best of what's left." Since Pool Boy can't get Mora, and I guess he doesn't even have the balls to go for a Graham type, and is too stupid to go for a Bohl or Deruyter....Petersen is the only "top guy" out there that is smart enough to find and not too scared to ask.

None of it matters. He fucked up on Mora, now he will tube Petersen, and we will end up with Nuss. RIP Washington Football.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,664 Founders Club

This. I kind of doubt he can be great, i.e. a top ten coach, but he won't fuck up.
  • Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541
    dnc said:

Poont of clarification. Whittingham has only had one BCS season.

Petersen > Whittingham
    Poont awarded. I forgot Urban coached the 2005 Fiesta Bowel team. My apologies for the error.

• ScarfTardFTWScarfTardFTW Member Posts: 38
    If we get Petersen do we get new purple turf as well?
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

That's a nearly fair assessment of Peterson's coaching career at BSU. However, he has won more than "a couple" of games against BCS schools during his eight years including bowl games as Bronco head coach: Oklahoma(Fiesta); Oregon State(2-0); Utah(2-0); Oregon(2-0); TCU(1-2); Virginia Tech; Georgia; ASU; BYU; and UW(1-2). By my count that's 13 wins over BCS schools in 8 years. Also Impressive to me is that against the two better WAC-MWC cupcakes that Bronco teams have played every year, Peterson is 7-1 against both Fresno State and Nevada.