Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

5 Reasons with Matt Prehm

bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
Let's go!
hot - Replies: 10 - Views: 563 - Started By: MattPrehm +15 from 15 users
MattPrehm 41578 posts
7 hours ago
VIP
Here are a few notes from the last few days of talking to players ahead of Friday's War Room. Let's call this a little tease if you will.

- There is a ton of juice out on the football field right now. Guys are going at it non-stop. We've seen and heard about more than a few situations where guys are super competitive and things get hot and heavy. We've been told this is just your standard operation of guys so amped up and the competition being amped up. Really healthy competition right now.

- Full pads started Wednesday, but that just means guys now have everything on. "This is definitely not the start of things being physical and aggressive," said one offensive lineman, it just means we now have pads on. We've been just as aggressive and as physical without the pads."

- Mario Cristobal loves building competition and preaches that daily to the staff. The players love it themselves. Been told guys are having to go against each other in one-on-one situations often. Competition breeds toughness, mentally and physically. Guys are going through the grind right now.

- This freshmen class feels special. We'll see what happens over the next few weeks and into the season, but everyone keeps raving about them.

- Mycah Pittman is going to be a fan favorite, and he's also not going to be outworked. He's in the HDC before 6 AM and he often leaves after 10 PM. The freshmen receivers earlier this week spent 2-3 hours after practice going over film and 'chopping it up' so that they could continue to get better. Pittman feels like already an alpha dog aka team leader

Comments

• dtddtd Member Posts: 3,997
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    I don't believe any of that was written by a human. Oh wait, Patt Mrehm? lulz. He makes Jhop look like Waldo Emerson.
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

This reads exactly like the Sark years hahaha

Someone needs to generate a meme using the emotional child’s guide to template.

Everything is Sark.

Standard Supporter
    edited August 2019
    Also, is it me, or was that really SUPER gay? I forget the meme thing we do for that. $86?
    dtd said:

Also, is it me, or was that really SUPER gay? I forget the meme thing we do for that. $86?

Fill me in on the meaning here.
    Standard Supporter
    lawsandl said:

dtd said:

Yeah I'l fill you in. Tons of juice. Going at it non stop. Feels special, pads on.
    dtd said:

lawsandl said:

dtd said:

Yeah I'l fill you in. Tons of juice. Going at it non stop. Feels special, pads on.
    Lol, it does now. I guess you could imagine this scene at a 1980’s bath house.

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428

Let's go!
    MattPrehm 41578 posts
    7 hours ago
    VIP
    Here are a few notes from the last few days of talking to players ahead of Friday's War Room. Let's call this a little tease if you will.

- There is a ton of juice out on the football field right now. Guys are going at it non-stop. We've seen and heard about more than a few situations where guys are super competitive and things get hot and heavy. We've been told this is just your standard operation of guys so amped up and the competition being amped up. Really healthy competition right now.

- Full pads started Wednesday, but that just means guys now have everything on. "This is definitely not the start of things being physical and aggressive," said one offensive lineman, it just means we now have pads on. We've been just as aggressive and as physical without the pads."

- Mario Cristobal loves building competition and preaches that daily to the staff. The players love it themselves. Been told guys are having to go against each other in one-on-one situations often. Competition breeds toughness, mentally and physically. Guys are going through the grind right now.

- This freshmen class feels special. We'll see what happens over the next few weeks and into the season, but everyone keeps raving about them.

- Mycah Pittman is going to be a fan favorite, and he's also not going to be outworked. He's in the HDC before 6 AM and he often leaves after 10 PM. The freshmen receivers earlier this week spent 2-3 hours after practice going over film and 'chopping it up' so that they could continue to get better. Pittman feels like already an alpha dog aka team leader

Sounds AWESOME!

So what actually did they do at practice?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Let's go!
    MattPrehm 41578 posts
    7 hours ago
    VIP

Yo is that the same Pittman in that reality tv show?
    FirePete said:

Let's go!
    MattPrehm 41578 posts
    7 hours ago
    VIP

Yo is that the same Pittman in that reality tv show?
    I can’t confirm. I made it 5 seconds.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Let's go!
    MattPrehm 41578 posts
    7 hours ago
    VIP

Are we? sure Ballz isn't a duck?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    I'm hearing there's a whole new energy out there. Guysm are hitting each other! Shit's getting real.

Sounds like a collection of Grinolds/Fatters practice reports.
  • IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I'm hearing there's a whole new energy out there. Guysm are hitting each other! Shit's getting real.

Sounds like a collection of Grinolds/Fatters practice reports.

Doesn't matter what team you route for, yore $10.95 gets you a meal of the same copypasta.