Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

First UW football game

I have a plan to go to my first UW football game on August 31st. What are some things not to be missed? I heard you can take a ferry across to the stadium? Any good places to tailgate?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I would hit the Met or Daniels for steak. Anthony's or Ray's for Seafood. Alki Tavern has the best burger in town. Northlake tavern has great pizza and cold beer and you can walk to the game from there.

The Ram at U village has an incredible "Ribs 'n Rickshaw" special $15.99 all you can eat and a ride to the game in a rickshaw. Plus they have a lot of cool HD TV's so you can hang with your peeps and catch some other games.

If you like to have a few "sodas" you can can carry them around in a big red cup.

Don't forget to go to the Space Needle. Hit the Underground tour. Visit the Locks. Go to the Experience Music Project. Visit Pike Place Market and see the flying fish and the big piggy bank. Hit the Seattle Art Museum. Don't forget to go to the Seattle Center Fun Forest. Oh,and walk down to the water front. Go to Ivars. Get the large chowder.

Free pub!11!1
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dont miss screaming on 3rd down
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,553
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

I would hit the Met or Daniels for steak. Anthony's or Ray's for Seafood. Alki Tavern has the best burger in town. Northlake tavern has great pizza and cold beer and you can walk to the game from there.

The Ram at U village has an incredible "Ribs 'n Rickshaw" special $15.99 all you can eat and a ride to the game in a rickshaw. Plus they have a lot of cool HD TV's so you can hang with your peeps and catch some other games.

If you like to have a few "sodas" you can can carry them around in a big red cup.

Don't forget to go to the Space Needle. Hit the Underground tour. Visit the Locks. Go to the Experience Music Project. Visit Pike Place Market and see the flying fish and the big piggy bank. Hit the Seattle Art Museum. Don't forget to go to the Seattle Center Fun Forest. Oh,and walk down to the water front. Go to Ivars. Get the large chowder.

Excellent post. The Downtown Seattle Association should buy your script.

Do you recommend Wings over Washington?

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    jecornel said:

Excellent post. The Downtown Seattle Association should buy your script.

Do you recommend Wings over Washington?

I LOL’ed
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2019
    Postal said:

I have a plan to go to my first UW football game on August 31st. What are some things not to be missed? I heard you can take a ferry across to the stadium? Any good places to tailgate?

Thanks

The game is in Cheney

Tix are trading for about $20 Buy Huskies vs Eagles
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Postal said:

Thanks

what game do you plan to go to? If you can make it to the Apple Cup do it
  • Options
    PostalPostal Member Posts: 4
    First Comment 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Thanks everyone, I’m a Texan living in Washington. I was able to go to Autzen Stadium last year when I was visiting Portland, and I was able to sneak down to Eugene. They were playing San Jose, but the Ducks didn’t exactly whip them.

I’ve always heard that Husky Stadium was a fun experience, and last years EWU team made the FCS finals, so I’m hoping for a good game, and as someone mentioned, tix are $19 each, so I bought a few.
  • Options

Postal said:

Thanks

The game is in Cheney

Tix are trading for about $20 Buy Huskies vs Eagles
    Ain’t no way! I think you mean, UW is playing the team from Cheney.
  • Options

Come to my tailgate at E1 (the tent with the husky flag) I'll have a cooler full of white claw and will be grilling up some vegan burgers.

Challenge accepted! I’ve never had a white claw, but I hear that they have alcohol in them so I’m sure I’ll love it.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    YouKnowIt said:

I hear if you add 91 to the end of your name you become legit...

Only if 1 through 90 are already taken
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Postal said:

Thanks everyone, I’m a Texan living in Washington. I was able to go to Autzen Stadium last year when I was visiting Portland, and I was able to sneak down to Eugene. They were playing San Jose, but the Ducks didn’t exactly whip them.

I’ve always heard that Husky Stadium was a fun experience, and last years EWU team made the FCS finals, so I’m hoping for a good game, and as someone mentioned, tix are $19 each, so I bought a few.

Have fun Harv!