Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Petersen is the best coach in the country

Pay him 5 mil and we'll be playing Wisconsin or Nebraska in next year's rose bowl.

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Similar things were said about his predecessors at Boise State.

Getting up for one or two games/yr. and playing a conference schedule - in a real conference - are two different things.

His track record is an indication, but it's far from a slam dunk.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Wrong. Urban Meyer is the best coach in country.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    I like Gundy out of everyone, and I heard he was 40 once.
  • Options
    I agree with the Quad for once(so I'm probably wrong). I think offering Peterson 5 mill is a good start and he'd come here.

I think at worst case scenario his era here would resemble Rick Neuheisel's which if I could re-live I would.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I agree with the Quad for once(so I'm probably wrong). I think offering Peterson 5 mill is a good start and he'd come here.

I think at worst case scenario his era here would resemble Rick Neuheisel's which if I could re-live I would.

The only thing is with 5 million you can go after the names I listed before and shouldn't settle for less than that if 5 million is our number.

This isn't a money thing with Petersen anyways it seems. USC would have probably made him a top 3/5 paid coach if he went there. This should be him trying to solidify himself in college as a great coach and not just some guy who can win in a shitty conference all the time. He deserves a bump up from 2 million which he makes at BSU but 3-3.5 million should easily be enough of a pay raise to get him here.
  • Options
    loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1
    Throw 3.5 million at Dantonio and I bet he at keast listens.

• Options
    DeLarryDeLarry Member Posts: 230
    Testing 1 First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    RN? We were frustratingly inept on defense at times. Many times.

It didn't hurt that Stanford sucked, Oregon wasn't yet rolling, Paul Hackett was sub .500 at USC (USC!), Bob Toledo was at UCLA going .500 or so, UW still had enough pride not to play the FCS, and the league hadn't yet expanded to include easy wins in Colorado and Utah.

Sark could've won that conference.

That's what frustrates me. UW exists and competes in the 2013 reality, but they're hiring for 2000. A lot of these guys being mentioned would've been fine back then. The league was more forgiving. Now you hire a shit head and you're falling further behind. Washington must bring in a winner.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Lambrught and Gilby didn't even win in that conference

HTH
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Pay him 3-3.5 million and if he wins a Rose Bowl year 1 MAYBE you give him a raise to 5.

If we are going to be throwing that number out then you better bring in a Briles/Dantonio/Gundy/ a coach who kills it in a LEGIT conference.

So, you need to see a championship?

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2013
    If Woody didn;t offer Mora 5 mil, he isn't offering Petersen 5 mil. I think the Nuss welcome mat is already being rolled out as I type this.