Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What does it look like when lib elites gather to talk MMGW?

BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,394
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Wow. Global warming for thee but not for me, the liberal elites.

Go ahead scotti, justify it......

https://pagesix.com/2019/07/30/a-listers-flock-to-google-summit-in-private-jets-mega-yachts-to-talk-climate-change/?_ga=2.74028817.263768670.1564409595-1619352479.1515542892

A-listers flock to Google summit in private jets, mega yachts to talk climate change

The world’s rich and famous have flocked to a posh Italian resort to talk about saving Mother Earth — but they sure are punishing her in the process.

But according to Italian press reports, the attendees were expected to show up in 114 private jets, and 40 had arrived by Sunday.

The Post crunched the numbers and found that 114 flights from Los Angeles to Palermo, Italy, where Camp guests landed, would spew an estimated 100,000 kilograms of CO2 into the air.

Comments

• Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

https://pagesix.com/2019/07/30/a-listers-flock-to-google-summit-in-private-jets-mega-yachts-to-talk-climate-change/?_ga=2.74028817.263768670.1564409595-1619352479.1515542892

A-listers flock to Google summit in private jets, mega yachts to talk climate change

The world’s rich and famous have flocked to a posh Italian resort to talk about saving Mother Earth — but they sure are punishing her in the process.

But according to Italian press reports, the attendees were expected to show up in 114 private jets, and 40 had arrived by Sunday.

The Post crunched the numbers and found that 114 flights from Los Angeles to Palermo, Italy, where Camp guests landed, would spew an estimated 100,000 kilograms of CO2 into the air.

BitrFS
    Independent legally-required financial audits from outside auditors subject to criminal and civil penalties (that refute all your bullshit and lies) are not credible.

Page six is credible information.

BitrFS

By all means, keep posting. This is fascinating.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

It’s fun to tell poor people their energy costs/transportation costs are going to skyrocket. And if they don’t like it they are assholes who don’t care about the common good.

I know! I love this.
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    Great. So all of those people accounted for 0.000001% of human emissions in day. And Atl has a meltdown. What a moron.
  • Options
    GDS said:

Great. So all of those people accounted for 0.000001% of human emissions in day. And Atl has a meltdown. What a moron.

Ahh yes, scotti excusing the liberal elites again!

You are a laughable goose stepping moron. Your leaders mock you.
  • Options

BitrFS
    Independent legally-required financial audits from outside auditors subject to criminal and civil penalties (that refute all your bullshit and lies) are not credible.

Page six is credible information.

BitrFS

By all means, keep posting. This is fascinating.
    Does anyone know what this dumbass is talking about?
  • Options
    edited July 2019

GDS said:

WE HAVE 18 MONTHS TO LIVE

So what. Get my jet
    Nope, wait Race! I have good news! Katy Perry, Bradley Cooper and Nick Jonas all came in on private transportation to solve Global warming so we are saved! Their enormous carbon footprint for lack of taking commercial airlines was all worth it! Scotti will be so happy!
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited July 2019
    When we're all dead in 12 years, I'm going to come back here and bump the shit out of these threads.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,689
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

When we're all dead in 12 years 18 months, I'm going to come back here and bump the shit out of these threads.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

When we're all dead in 12 years 18 months, I'm going to come back here and bump the shit out of these threads.

I'm hearing the next 18 days are CRUCIAL in the WAR on climate change.

It's crazy, but maybe the most Gaia worshiping academic banana, Donna Haraway, is right: human beings screaming about doing something! to keep the earth from swallowing them up is even more ridiculous than two fleas arguing over how to train the dog to fetch. Our entire existence is but a nano second in time, and when the planet wants to eat us up it has to barely blink and it's done. Over. Forever. And we haven't even gotten into the solar system yet.

I'm not a scientist, and I'm sure we can agree that there are things we should do better as it relates to polluting the seas and whatnot; but it is hard for me to imagine that this thing can be measured that discretely, and that we are four Tuesdays away from go / no go on irreversible climate trend disaster.

It's just preposterous on the face of it.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,689
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We had 7.1 quake in the high desert a couple weeks ago that rolled through So Cal.

Not even that bad but it lasted several seconds and the complete powerlessness I felt was amazing

If the earth opened up there's not a damn thing you can do