Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The pulse of the board regarding running backs

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I'm sorry but it just is not that hard to get a 4* RB every year when you're a top school on the west coast.

(all 4*s by 247)

One 4* every year should be the minimum, and he's doing the minimum. If RB wasn't such an easy position to recruit he would be gone.

Finally an argument that is coherent. Okay, one 4 star a year is the standard. Ill agree with that. I will say it is really fucking hard to get multiple blue chips every year at RB. Orders of magnitude harder than getting the initial 4 star to commit, unless one is considered more of an ATH.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited July 2019
    bigcc said:

bigcc said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

What a gay, useless non content thread.

Disagree.

His track record at two schools is stellar.

Reading this forum youd think he is fucking terrible.

If the TBSers are gonna dish it out, they are gonna take some shit from time to time
    Dude why are so fucking stupid??
    We are not questioning his ability to coach, we are questioning his ability to get his top targets
    Man he really has sucked getting Cam Davis, Sunday, and Adams!!! Especially after getting 5 star production for 4 years from a local 3 star kid!!!

Fucking idiot. You guys cant see the forest for the trees
    Dude those kids would have come to UW if you were the RB coach.
    Even if this were true, which it is not, who cares? He gets them and has a proven track record developing players.
    That is not the point of shitting on KB. He is more than a competent coach, the gripe with most TBSers with him he should be able to get better prospect.
    He has gotten four 4 stars in the last four recruiting cycles, plus 3 solid 3 stars.

Do I wish he was getting 5 stars? Sure, but he isnt doing a bad job and you cant wash it away by saying "well yeah but they are WA guys and coming here anyways". Just take a look at our misses on in state OL the past decade
    Since huff took over, I don’t think he had any misses in state. This is by product of winning and huff connecting to kids. With KB we getting most of the kids due to winning, if he could relate to kids he would getting kids lie bijon
    This is horse shit. When was the last time we got any out of state 5 star? Why do you praise Huff for closing in state OL and shit on Keith and say it's a formality guys like Ahmed and Adams will come here? He also pulled Davis and McGrew out of Cali.

It's hypocritical nonsense.
    I guess someone has to spread the aids for the short period SAC has his meds dialed in
    Great argument buddy! I hadnt considered that before.

Go back to fucking dawgman
    Do you honestly think that KPs recruiting is up to par with the type of program we(?) have?

Sam adams was a great get, but if he had been raised anywhere further than within an hour drive, there isn't a chance he would have committed by now, and probably not at all
    You don't know this. It's literally impossible to know. You are speculating.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

bigcc said:

bigcc said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Disagree.

If the TBSers are gonna dish it out, they are gonna take some shit from time to time
    We are not questioning his ability to coach, we are questioning his ability to get his top targets
    Man he really has sucked getting Cam Davis, Sunday, and Adams!!! Especially after getting 5 star production for 4 years from a local 3 star kid!!!

Even if this were true, which it is not, who cares? He gets them and has a proven track record developing players.
    That is not the point of shitting on KB. He is more than a competent coach, the gripe with most TBSers with him he should be able to get better prospect.
    He has gotten four 4 stars in the last four recruiting cycles, plus 3 solid 3 stars.

Do I wish he was getting 5 stars? Sure, but he isnt doing a bad job and you cant wash it away by saying "well yeah but they are WA guys and coming here anyways". Just take a look at our misses on in state OL the past decade
    Since huff took over, I don’t think he had any misses in state. This is by product of winning and huff connecting to kids. With KB we getting most of the kids due to winning, if he could relate to kids he would getting kids lie bijon
    This is horse shit. When was the last time we got any out of state 5 star? Why do you praise Huff for closing in state OL and shit on Keith and say it's a formality guys like Ahmed and Adams will come here? He also pulled Davis and McGrew out of Cali.

I guess someone has to spread the aids for the short period SAC has his meds dialed in

Do you honestly think that KPs recruiting is up to par with the type of program we(?) have?

Sam adams was a great get, but if he had been raised anywhere further than within an hour drive, there isn't a chance he would have committed by now, and probably not at all
    In case you are new here. This whole board is based on speculation
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited July 2019
    FirePete said:

bigcc said:

bigcc said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Disagree.

There is always inherent unknown with recruiting. But Im giving metrics on why KB doesnt suck (player production, averaging a 4 star every year) and so far you guys have:

- in state 4 star RBs will come here no matter what. simply not true, nothing in recruiting is certain, like you said.
    - KB should be expected to be the first on our staff to relate well enough to an out of state 5 star. This is fucking ridiculous, some years dont even have a 5 star RB in the west. Lake, Huff, Malloe, have not done this and they take 4 or 5 players a class, not two max.

you guys get really caught up in the meme circle jerks on here, im trying to challenge the narrative. If RBs suck this year with a veteran OL I'll be the first to call out KB.
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

FirePete said:

bigcc said:

bigcc said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Disagree.

There is always inherent unknown with recruiting. But Im giving metrics on why KB doesnt suck (player production, averaging a 4 star every year) and so far you guys have:

- in state 4 star RBs will come here no matter what. simply not true, nothing in recruiting is certain, like you said.
    - KB should be expected to be the first on our staff to relate well enough to an out of state 5 star. This is fucking ridiculous, some years dont even have a 5 star RB in the west. Lake, Huff, Malloe, have not done this and they take 4 or 5 players a class, not two max.

you guys get really caught up in the meme circle jerks on here, im trying to challenge the narrative. If RBs suck this year with a veteran OL I'll be the first to call out KB.
    For discussions' sake, is there any positional coach that you AREN'T ok with the performance of? Nobody is saying that he is a poor coach, we're saying that he is one of the weaker pieces of the puzzle
  • Options
    Founders Club
    bigcc said:

FirePete said:

bigcc said:

bigcc said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Disagree.

For discussions' sake, is there any positional coach that you AREN'T ok with the performance of? Nobody is saying that he is a poor coach, we're saying that he is one of the weaker pieces of the puzzle
    Hamdan sucks. So does Gregory for special teams. Not sure what Hayward does. Kwat needs to recruit better. The line needs to take the next step under Huff (I think they will).
  • Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    yea 1 4 star every year is good but lets be real we are building every year and until we go to the playoff again or finally win the big game we aren't going to be seen differently but win and win big and you can real in big fish or get there attention. We want to see what our coaching staff could do with a class like clemsons or Ohio State we would be absolutely dominant. Thats what we need is superior talent at rb like Milton or Robinson not Sam and a couple jags, if we had done better at recruiting rb maybe we wouldn't see a big drop off with gaskin gone because we know we had talent in the stable. To me the stable is about half full to what it could be. Its only a matter of time until this ticking time bomb goes off and when it does boy I can't wait to see what the website is going to look like.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited July 2019

yea 1 4 star every year is good but lets be real we are building every year and until we go to the playoff again or finally win the big game we aren't going to be seen differently but win and win big and you can real in big fish or get there attention. We want to see what our coaching staff could do with a class like clemsons or Ohio State we would be absolutely dominant. Thats what we need is superior talent at rb like Milton or Robinson not Sam and a couple jags, if we had done better at recruiting rb maybe we wouldn't see a big drop off with gaskin gone because we know we had talent in the stable. To me the stable is about half full to what it could be. Its only a matter of time until this ticking time bomb goes off and when it does boy I can't wait to see what the website is going to look like.

Not a single postition coach is recruiting at the level of Clemson or Ohio State. Not a single one. Huff right now comes the closest.

So why shit on KB so much when the performance of his players in the actual games has been stellar? All with a fucked up playbook and iffy run blocking?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

bigcc said:

FirePete said:

bigcc said:

bigcc said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Disagree.

Hamdan sucks. So does Gregory for special teams. Not sure what Hayward does. Kwat needs to recruit better. The line needs to take the next step under Huff (I think they will).
    Holy ISAFNRC dude!
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

bigcc said:

FirePete said:

bigcc said:

bigcc said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Disagree.

Holy ISAFNRC dude!
    Uh, what?
  • Options
    fosterworthfosterworth Member Posts: 73
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    In the last few years we have lost games because of OL play, DL play, LB play, QB play, and WR play. Have we ever lost because of RB play?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Why are you propping up a average coach for no reason?

We have actual real life examples of coaches recruiting at elite levels now, there are no more excuses, just doing the minimum is not enough anymore.

We need to win a national championship, not protect the feelings of a coach who can’t even sniff a visit from Kendal Milton and Bijan Robinson after we had Myles Gaskin for four years and have been to three straight NY6 bowls.

None of our coaches are getting serious traction with California or Arizona 5 stars. Are you fucking high? Jesus christ Gaskin was our most consistent football player for 4 years. You guys are so insulated in your circle jerk here its hysterical.
  • Options
    Founders Club

In the last few years we have lost games because of OL play, DL play, LB play, QB play, and WR play. Have we ever lost because of RB play?

The only game you could even hope to argue would be Cal last year, but that falls more on the offensive scheme as a whole, Pete, Browning, Hamden, with maybe Ahmed being a solid 5th.
  • Options
    DefinitelyNotCokerDefinitelyNotCoker Member Posts: 64
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Not a single postition coach is recruiting at the level of Clemson or Ohio State. Not a single one. Huff right now comes the closest.

So why shit on KB so much when the performance of his players in the actual games has been stellar? All with a fucked up playbook and iffy run blocking?
    Huff LITERALLY just got 4 guys that Ohio State would take in a heartbeat, Jesus Christ man. Malloe last year did the damn thing too. Early on Adams but it looks like he can do it.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Huff LITERALLY just got 4 guys that Ohio State would take in a heartbeat, Jesus Christ man. Malloe last year did the damn thing too. Early on Adams but it looks like he can do it.
    Oh so now youre moving the goal posts?
  • Options

We have actual real life examples of coaches recruiting at elite levels now, there are no more excuses, just doing the minimum is not enough anymore.

We need to win a national championship, not protect the feelings of a coach who can’t even sniff a visit from Kendal Milton and Bijan Robinson after we had Myles Gaskin for four years and have been to three straight NY6 bowls.

None of our coaches are getting serious traction with California or Arizona 5 stars. Are you fucking high? Jesus christ Gaskin was our most consistent football player for 4 years. You guys are so insulated in your circle jerk here its hysterical.
    There is no reason to argue with you because you are helpless. I forgot about that, carry on.
  • Options
    GOATGOAT Member Posts: 177
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

KB did nothing to develop Gaskin you dumb fuck. He was a baller day one.
  • Options
    Founders Club

There is no reason to argue with you because you are helpless. I forgot about that, carry on.
    You guys are embarrassing and have nothing. Yeah, Im sure Ohio State is losing sleep they didnt get Gaard Meemelar. Fucking delusional.
  • Options

Oh so now youre moving the goal posts?
    Carry on