Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What's the situation with the coaches?

79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 710
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Who is staying/going? I don't know what's happening except Sark is gone. Anyone know?

Comments

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    No one really knows. Rumors were Tosh and Wilcox were leaving and Sirmon would lipo and see if he gets the DC gig here.
  • Options
    Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Testing 1
    Jewd is reporting Sark would like to bring JW to LA....but the buyout is too high. The rest...it's anyone's guess.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What's the opinion here about the job Wilcox has done? I like what he's done and hope he stays. Good thing his buy out is pretty high.
  • Options
    I think this bored is about 50/50 on the opinion of Wilcox. Not about the HC job but about how well he has done as a DC here.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think the fact he's been able to do what he's done with the dline he has, He's done a very good job. The only guy on the line worth a shit is Kikikioookkio (sp?) Shelton is just a bean bag (not as mobile as one also), and you also had a walk on starting, plus a 220 string bean in littleJon. I think he's very good and hope Wilcox stays he's been dealing with shit for personnel on the dline since he's gotten here and has masked the deficiencies well.
  • Options
    Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Testing 1
    edited December 2013

What's the opinion here about the job Wilcox has done? I like what he's done and hope he stays. Good thing his buy out is pretty high.

According to Fatters he "isn't ready for a head coaching gig". Which made me laff so hard I pissed myself.

• Options
    Yea I like the play of our linebackers and secondary but the D Line play has been atrocious. I think the fact they had to move Evan Hudson over to play defense shows how shitty Sark's recruiting has been. Some of the higher scoring games against us has to do with Sark the offensive genius constantly going 3 and out. You give the other team a shitload of possessions they are bound to score.

The question is how much of the linebacking/secondary play is Wilcox or how much is Sirmon/Heyward? I would argue Heywerd is extremely valuable because he had less to work with this year and it feels like our passing defense has improved despite having 0 push from the line. I also think the talent last year in the secondary was overall better with Tru/Glenn in there instead of Ducre/Shamwow
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Yea I like the play of our linebackers and secondary but the D Line play has been atrocious. I think the fact they had to move Evan Hudson over to play defense shows how shitty Sark's recruiting has been. Some of the higher scoring games against us has to do with Sark the offensive genius constantly going 3 and out. You give the other team a shitload of possessions they are bound to score.

The question is how much of the linebacking/secondary play is Wilcox or how much is Sirmon/Heyward? I would argue Heywerd is extremely valuable because he had less to work with this year and it feels like our passing defense has improved despite having 0 push from the line. I also think the talent last year in the secondary was overall better with Tru/Glenn in there instead of Ducre/Shamwow

how many coverage sacks did we have this year? seemed like the end of the year all our pressure came 10 seconds into the play

hayward is worth everything we're paying him, honestly Tosh is the only disappointment to me on the defense
  • Options
    brchco12 said:

how many coverage sacks did we have this year? seemed like the end of the year all our pressure came 10 seconds into the play

hayward is worth everything we're paying him, honestly Tosh is the only disappointment to me on the defense
    Yea our defensive line was much worse than our offensive line this year and that is saying something. I don't care how good of a defensive coordinator you are if the QB has 10 seconds to throw every play a WR is going to get open somehow.

Agree with Tosh, Vanderdoes is productive for a true frosh as well has Hall. Mathis and Qualls were high profile guys and you wouldn't even have known they were out there this year.

Danny Shelton also might be the most overrated player on the team, seems like he has the talent though so some of that should be on Tosh.