Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sam Hart, 2021 4* TE, Aurora (Cherokee Trail), CO (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    TacoSoupTacoSoup Member Posts: 148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

FirePete said:

If Paopao loses Moliki out of his own region as a Poly, it’ll be so cataclysmically par for the course actually.

i think this is paopao last year at uw
    Lol. Not a chance.
    I think I'm with you but also wouldn't be surprised if Pao gets a "promotion" to OL coach at G5 or lower P5
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    TacoSoup said:

FirePete said:

If Paopao loses Moliki out of his own region as a Poly, it’ll be so cataclysmically par for the course actually.

Lol. Not a chance.
    I think I'm with you but also wouldn't be surprised if Pao gets a "promotion" to OL coach at G5 or lower P5
    Assistant assistant at NFL
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

animate said:

What exactly are we doing?

Uh, offering an excellent TE from CHEROKEE TRAIL, CO. You hate Injuns or something? First they came for Redman, and I said nothing....
    man, some of the tuffest and coolest guys I know are injun ... no shit.

but seriously, some of the toughest guys I know roll like this:

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    animate said:

Swaye said:

animate said:

Uh, offering an excellent TE from CHEROKEE TRAIL, CO. You hate Injuns or something? First they came for Redman, and I said nothing....

To his FACE

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    animate said:

Swaye said:

animate said:

Good chit aniboat
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Lol. Not a chance.
    I think there was a reason why he did not get an extension. Strauser was on the same page
    I wouldn’t count it out, but I could also see Pete being pleased with the development of the TE room. It can’t really be argued against.
  • Options

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Lol. Not a chance.
    I think there was a reason why he did not get an extension. Strauser was on the same page
    I wouldn’t count it out, but I could also see Pete being pleased with the development of the TE room. It can’t really be argued against.
    Honestly, I still think that Chris Strauser is better coach. The work he did with Coleman Shelton and Jake E was very impressive work. He still fired him, after lucking in to a decent OL class.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Lol. Not a chance.
    Honestly, I still think that Chris Strauser is better coach. The work he did with Coleman Shelton and Jake E was very impressive work. He still fired him, after lucking in to a decent OL class.
    Strausser was making 50% more than Paopao is making now too, btw.

Paopao's salary is the part of this the haters never want to factor in. It's not just about can you hypothetically find a better combination of coach and recruiter at the position, but how much is that guy going to cost you, and can you keep him for more than a year or two?

Paopao is cheap, loyal and fantastic at both coaching and evaluating. He's a terrible recruiter. I think Pete knows he's not likely to get the whole package for what JP is making.

I could see JP getting axed but it's far from a foregone conclusion IMO.
    Didn’t think of this, but saving a couple thousand to pay other coaches is big.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dawgs206 said:

He has an offer from Notre Dame and a CB from Tom Loy. ITB

TE is the one position I feel we're at a disadvantage compared to ND, and it's a big disadvantage. They've been seen as TE U for a minute, and we have fucking Jordan Paopao.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    "This offer really means a lot," Hart told 247Sports. "Coach (Jordan) Paopao has been super nice through this process and I really had a great time there. I have a very strong interest in that school and I will probably be back again sometime for a second visit. The thing that stood out the most is, when I first got there, coach Paopao took me up the elevator and when the doors opened the whole coaching staff was there getting hype and yelling and that was really cool I thought."

Hart is an athletic pass-catcher who consistently finds open space up the seam, with the ability to break free from linebackers and the hand-eye coordination to come down with the ball. He runs fluidly in and out of his breaks, can be a mismatch problem over the middle and an asset in the red zone, where he can go up for the ball in traffic.

Elsewhere on the recruiting front, Hart knows he'll make a return trip to Notre Dame, which is a heavy player in his recruitment up to this point. Another in-season trip has yet to be determined but Hart knows he'd like to get back on the road to continue assessing some of the options on the table.

Hart is familiar with the process, as his brother Alex plays linebacker at New Mexico and he had another brother, Nick, who played tight end at Minnesota.

"I know that me and my family are going back to Notre Dame during the season for a game day visit because my brother plays against them, so I am super excited for that," Hart said. "We are still deciding on the second game day visit to either the Ohio State versus Penn State or to USC for the game against UCLA. My plan right now is to make a commitment next spring, so I've got time to continue looking at everything."
  • Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    We need to do a better job of sliding our ace recruiters over to help with the lackies.
    Adam's could definitely have been useful with recieving tight ends like Kole.
    Lake and Malloe can and should help Gregory and Pete K. I know it's been talked about butt fuck Pete it really isn't that fucking hard.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

"This offer really means a lot," Hart told 247Sports. "Coach (Jordan) Paopao has been super nice through this process and I really had a great time there. I have a very strong interest in that school and I will probably be back again sometime for a second visit. The thing that stood out the most is, when I first got there, coach Paopao took me up the elevator and when the doors opened the whole coaching staff was there getting hype and yelling and that was really cool I thought.”

When did you coaches become gay?

I get playing the game, I’m in fucking sales, but people that aren’t stupid recognize when you are trying to be something you’re not.

A little surprised by this but I guess if it works, whatever. I just felt we were above that but I guess change can be good.

Now get off my fucking lawn.
    They have been gay. Pete reportedly pulled out wallet photos of his sons and told Budda he wanted a wallet photo of him.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

"This offer really means a lot," Hart told 247Sports. "Coach (Jordan) Paopao has been super nice through this process and I really had a great time there. I have a very strong interest in that school and I will probably be back again sometime for a second visit. The thing that stood out the most is, when I first got there, coach Paopao took me up the elevator and when the doors opened the whole coaching staff was there getting hype and yelling and that was really cool I thought.”

I get playing the game, I’m in fucking sales, but people that aren’t stupid recognize when you are trying to be something you’re not.

A little surprised by this but I guess if it works, whatever. I just felt we were above that but I guess change can be good.

They have been gay. Pete reportedly pulled out wallet photos of his sons and told Budda he wanted a wallet photo of him.
    NTTAWWT
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,448
    dnc said:

NTTAWWT
    Doesn't everyone here want a wallet photo of Budda?
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Does this mean my older boy needs to stalk this kid?
  • Options
    MisterEm said:

Does this mean my older boy needs to stalk this kid?

Yeah