Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

QUACK!!!

13»

Comments

• Options
    PetermanPeterman Member Posts: 675
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Imagine thinking Oregon’s receivers are good, lol
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

DJDuck said:

J Johnson has had 79 receptions and over 1,000 yds receiving over the past two years

Redd had 38 receptions for 433yds and 6 TD’s last year

Non Elite TE Jacob Breeland had 24 receptions for 377 yds and 2 touchdowns. That’s over 100yds more, Double the receptions and TD’s than Elite Hunter Bryant.

Furthermore Breeland wasn’t supposed to eve be the starter. He became the starter when Cam McCormick, who will be back this year broke his leg.

Seeing as how Bryant was out the entire year recovering from surgery, then came back and played sparingly in the last 4 games of the season, I suppose I am super impressed by Breeland's extra 100 yards over his 9 games played.
    Excuses excuses, I’m not the one bragging about him.

• Options

DJDuck said:

Actually last year it was the third receiver that was the problem. Actually Mitchell, Redd and our TE’s were productive. Johnny Johnson was the receiver with the most drops. Schooler is a good receiver but not special. He is just a great athlete. He should have stayed at safety. I’ll take our receivers over any Washington receiver. I’m excited about Crocker, Delgado, Pittman, Wilhoite,Waters, Tucker and the Return of Cam McCormick.

Schooler is an atrocious receiver and the TEs were not productive. This was an issue for O last year: one guy.

Everyone knew they had young talent in the sideline. Now it depends on whether they show up.
    You sure didn’t attend Duck games. Breeland is a great tight end. One of Herbs problems is he tends to lock on a receiver and pass over wide open targets. Breeland has an uncanny knack of getting open. If you saw any games live you would have seen him constantly open with JH trying to force it into Mitchell. Breeland wasn’t even the #1 TE. Cam McCormick broke his leg and Breeland became the starter.

• Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Meek said:

lawsandl said:

DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

All our WR will have to compete for playing time. I think we have seven 4 star WR’s

Bryan Addison

Isaiah Crocker

Juwan Johnson

Jaylon Red

Mycah Pittman

Lance Wilhoite

Josh Delgado

Of course you guys didn’t want any of these guys. They are all trash. They don’t compare to the Husky receiving core.😂😂😂

UW wanted Bryan Addison strictly as a safety. Pittman and Delgado were close to being UW takes but didn't make the cut. I don't think it's a coincidence that those two guys were offered and recruited by UW and have been Oregon's most impressive young WR's based on what I heard during Spring ball.
    Yea you didn’t need them with the fantastic WR corps you have. 😂😂😂

It's not a nationally elite WR corps yet but it's certainly better than yours.
    Wilson balled out today. He is not broad through the hips, ankles and shoulders to be a TE. Also, if he gains 15 pounds of muscle, it won’t inhibit his agility. The kid is a freak. Juwan Johnson plays WR at 235. You act like this is some kind of anomaly. What’s freakish is his testing at that size not his size.

he's definitely an elite physical specimen with great height and amazing hands. I'm not so sure his feet are quick/lateral enough for getting his break in against a decent corner, but that will be TBD. Not trying to be critical just applying the same eye test I apply to all our guys too.
    The people who watched him said his feet are great. If Oregon takes Wilson, Hutson and Badger, it’s two years of very good WR recruiting.
  • Options

DJDuck said:

Actually last year it was the third receiver that was the problem. Actually Mitchell, Redd and our TE’s were productive. Johnny Johnson was the receiver with the most drops. Schooler is a good receiver but not special. He is just a great athlete. He should have stayed at safety. I’ll take our receivers over any Washington receiver. I’m excited about Crocker, Delgado, Pittman, Wilhoite,Waters, Tucker and the Return of Cam McCormick.

Schooler is an atrocious receiver and the TEs were not productive. This was an issue for O last year: one guy.

Everyone knew they had young talent in the sideline. Now it depends on whether they show up.

Breeland is limited because of his back. The tight end group will be a lot better. Webb is up around 250 now. He is such a natural pass catcher.
  • Options
    Meek said:

lawsandl said:

DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

All our WR will have to compete for playing time. I think we have seven 4 star WR’s

Bryan Addison

Isaiah Crocker

Juwan Johnson

Jaylon Red

Mycah Pittman

Lance Wilhoite

Josh Delgado

Of course you guys didn’t want any of these guys. They are all trash. They don’t compare to the Husky receiving core.😂😂😂

UW wanted Bryan Addison strictly as a safety. Pittman and Delgado were close to being UW takes but didn't make the cut. I don't think it's a coincidence that those two guys were offered and recruited by UW and have been Oregon's most impressive young WR's based on what I heard during Spring ball.

Wilson balled out today. He is not broad through the hips, ankles and shoulders to be a TE. Also, if he gains 15 pounds of muscle, it won’t inhibit his agility. The kid is a freak. Juwan Johnson plays WR at 235. You act like this is some kind of anomaly. What’s freakish is his testing at that size not his size.

he's definitely an elite physical specimen with great height and amazing hands. I'm not so sure his feet are quick/lateral enough for getting his break in against a decent corner, but that will be TBD. Not trying to be critical just applying the same eye test I apply to all our guys too.
    Kris Hutson and Badger really impressed at SNL. I was hoping they were going to sign Sam Brown but some red flags popped up.

• Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

You sure didn’t attend Duck games. Breeland is a great tight end. One of Herbs problems is he tends to lock on a receiver and pass over wide open targets. Breeland has an uncanny knack of getting open. If you saw any games live you would have seen him constantly open with JH trying to force it into Mitchell. Breeland wasn’t even the #1 TE. Cam McCormick broke his leg and Breeland became the starter.

How dare you disparage your honorable mention Pac-12 QB like that?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    He is far from perfect.

I have had my season tickets for ages. They are in the West End zone right next to the visitor section. I like our seats because you can see the whole play unfold. It was criminal the amount of times Breeland was open and no ball.

If you ever watch a replay notice Breeland when he lines up in the H back position usually behind right tackle. I swear it’s like he has an invisible suit when he lines up in this position.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    DJDuck said:

Yea, four 4 stars, big deal. Not great. Not that it matters that much that Oregon has almost twice as many but you are the one that is always bragging about them big brain Brad.

McClatcher must be amazing, proving he can make big plays..........with 9 catches all season

Hunter Bryant had 11 catches all season

Baccellia had ZERO TD’s in 2018.

Ty Jones and McClatcher were also 4-star recruits if you're counting.

Hunter Bryant was injured almost all of last season and Chico McClatcher took a leave of absence from the team for personal reasons. That's why their numbers were down. Our top three returning receivers had more receiving yards combined than your top three returning receivers. Nuff said.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    lawsandl said:

Meek said:

lawsandl said:

DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

Bryan Addison

Isaiah Crocker

Juwan Johnson

Jaylon Red

Mycah Pittman

Lance Wilhoite

Josh Delgado

The people who watched him said his feet are great. If Oregon takes Wilson, Hutson and Badger, it’s two years of very good WR recruiting.
    Sure, just not as good as UW's WR recruiting unfortunately. :)
  • Options

DJDuck said:

Yea, four 4 stars, big deal. Not great. Not that it matters that much that Oregon has almost twice as many but you are the one that is always bragging about them big brain Brad.

McClatcher must be amazing, proving he can make big plays..........with 9 catches all season

Hunter Bryant had 11 catches all season

Baccellia had ZERO TD’s in 2018.

Ty Jones and McClatcher were also 4-star recruits if you're counting.

Hunter Bryant was injured almost all of last season and Chico McClatcher took a leave of absence from the team for personal reasons. That's why their numbers were down. Our top three returning receivers had more receiving yards combined than your top three returning receivers. Nuff said.
    This isn’t even worth YOUR time SAC. This was the quookiest of quook takes.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,793
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    McMillan and Rome>
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,437
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Breeland sucks dick.
  • Options
    haie said:

Breeland sucks dick.

He definitely can’t stay healthy. You think he gots the AIDS?
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Suck it, Indiana!
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,437
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

haie said:

Breeland sucks dick.

He definitely can’t stay healthy. You think he gots the AIDS?
    No. He's an average to below average Pac 12 tight end.