Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

QUACK!!!

Comments

• Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

DJDuck said:

All our WR will have to compete for playing time. I think we have seven 4 star WR’s

Bryan Addison

Isaiah Crocker

Juwan Johnson

Jaylon Red

Mycah Pittman

Lance Wilhoite

Josh Delgado

Of course you guys didn’t want any of these guys. They are all trash. They don’t compare to the Husky receiving core.😂😂😂

UW wanted Bryan Addison strictly as a safety. Pittman and Delgado were close to being UW takes but didn't make the cut. I don't think it's a coincidence that those two guys were offered and recruited by UW and have been Oregon's most impressive young WR's based on what I heard during Spring ball.
    Yea you didn’t need them with the fantastic WR corps you have. 😂😂😂

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2019
    DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

All our WR will have to compete for playing time. I think we have seven 4 star WR’s

Bryan Addison

Isaiah Crocker

Juwan Johnson

Jaylon Red

Mycah Pittman

Lance Wilhoite

Josh Delgado

Of course you guys didn’t want any of these guys. They are all trash. They don’t compare to the Husky receiving core.😂😂😂

UW wanted Bryan Addison strictly as a safety. Pittman and Delgado were close to being UW takes but didn't make the cut. I don't think it's a coincidence that those two guys were offered and recruited by UW and have been Oregon's most impressive young WR's based on what I heard during Spring ball.

It's not a nationally elite WR corps yet but it's certainly better than yours.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Ha ha ha ha ha you are a Delusional buffoon Brad. Your receivers wouldn’t se the field if they were Ducks. Tell me about your great receivers Brad. You need to have your own comedy tour.😂😂😂😁
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited July 2019

DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

Bryan Addison

Isaiah Crocker

Juwan Johnson

Jaylon Red

Mycah Pittman

Lance Wilhoite

Josh Delgado

Wilson balled out today. He is not broad through the hips, ankles and shoulders to be a TE. Also, if he gains 15 pounds of muscle, it won’t inhibit his agility. The kid is a freak. Juwan Johnson plays WR at 235. You act like this is some kind of anomaly. What’s freakish is his testing at that size not his size.

• Options
    Make a case for your receivers being “certainly better” than Oregon’s Einstein. Tell us how great they are. You love stars. What about them. What about experience and high school awards. Lay it all out.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    DJDuck said:

Make a case for your receivers being “certainly better” than Oregon’s Einstein. Tell us how great they are. You love stars. What about them. What about experience and high school awards. Lay it all out.

The case is that ours suck until they don’t. Their core is not great but Oregon’s was bad outside Mitchell.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    That was last year laws Jaylon Redd and Juwan Johnson alone are better than theirs. JJ has experience as a starter for Penn State. I would say their receivers are mediocre at best. They have no where near the firepower we have coming in. Who is their “star” receiver?

Do you think any of their receivers would start for Oregon this year.......I guess that is the bottom line?

Johnson and Redd will be two of our starters. Their receivers would have to beat out our present receivers including a red shirting Addison and all the Freshmen coming in.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    DJDuck said:

That was last year laws Jaylon Redd and Juwan Johnson alone are better than theirs. JJ has experience as a starter for Penn State. I would say their receivers are mediocre at best. They have no where near the firepower we have coming in. Who is their “star” receiver?

Do you think any of their receivers would start for Oregon this year.......I guess that is the bottom line?

Juwan didn’t play well last year due to a wrist injury. He had surgery and it sounds like he will be good again. Redd could breakout but he wasn’t consistent.

I’d take Fuller and Jones from UW though.

In the end, Juwan Johnson could end up a bully and Addison needs to stay focused. If that happens, it will be a nightmare duo.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    lawsandl said:

DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

Bryan Addison

Isaiah Crocker

Juwan Johnson

Jaylon Red

Mycah Pittman

Lance Wilhoite

Josh Delgado

Wilson balled out today. He is not broad through the hips, ankles and shoulders to be a TE. Also, if he gains 15 pounds of muscle, it won’t inhibit his agility. The kid is a freak. Juwan Johnson plays WR at 235. You act like this is some kind of anomaly. What’s freakish is his testing at that size not his size.

Lol balled out against who? There were no elite DB's at your weak ass camp. As I said, he's a possession guy who is best suited playing out of the slot and doing his damage over the middle. Not a deep threat. Can't get separation. Will never be a complete receiver. Must have a very confident QB throwing him the ball because he's gonna be covered and will have to huge his body and height to make catches. Will rarely if ever catch a short completion and take it to the house. Not an explosive play maker with the ball in his hands. He's possession JAG.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

Bryan Addison

Isaiah Crocker

Juwan Johnson

Jaylon Red

Mycah Pittman

Lance Wilhoite

Josh Delgado

Lol balled out against who? There were no elite DB's at your weak ass camp. As I said, he's a possession guy who is best suited playing out of the slot and doing his damage over the middle. Not a deep threat. Will never be a complete receiver.
    There were good dbs there. Badger looked great but the elite talent was 2021 and 2022.
  • Options
    Actually last year it was the third receiver that was the problem. Actually Mitchell, Redd and our TE’s were productive. Johnny Johnson was the receiver with the most drops. Schooler is a good receiver but not special. He is just a great athlete. He should have stayed at safety. I’ll take our receivers over any Washington receiver. I’m excited about Crocker, Delgado, Pittman, Wilhoite,Waters, Tucker and the Return of Cam McCormick.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    DJDuck said:

UW has Aaron Fuller, Ty Jones, and Chico McClatcher as guys who have proven they can make big plays. Fuller and Jones both had huge games against Auburn which was encouraging. Andre Baccellia finished the season on a hot streak and led the team in receptions in the Rose Bowl. Like I said, none have proven themselves to be elite yet, but they are way more proven than Oregon's returning receivers.

Hunter Bryant is a flex TE that is used mostly as a slot receiver and he absolutely is elite and a more dangerous pass catching weapon than Oregon has on their roster.

UW is not short on 4-star recruits at receiver. Terrell Bynum, Austin Osborne, Marquis Spiker, and Puka Nacua were all 4-star recruits. Osborne and Bynum are next in line to push the veteran guys for playing time.
  • Options
    Yea, four 4 stars, big deal. Not great. Not that it matters that much that Oregon has almost twice as many but you are the one that is always bragging about them big brain Brad.

McClatcher must be amazing, proving he can make big plays..........with 9 catches all season

Hunter Bryant had 11 catches all season

Baccellia had ZERO TD’s in 2018.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    J Johnson has had 79 receptions and over 1,000 yds receiving over the past two years

Redd had 38 receptions for 433yds and 6 TD’s last year

Non Elite TE Jacob Breeland had 24 receptions for 377 yds and 2 touchdowns. That’s over 100yds more, Double the receptions and TD’s than Elite Hunter Bryant.

Furthermore Breeland wasn’t supposed to eve be the starter. He became the starter when Cam McCormick, who will be back this year broke his leg.
  • Options
    We will have to agree to disagree. You are happy and I am pleased with our respective receivers. One thing I will admit is that Eason should help them out.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    lawsandl said:

DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

Bryan Addison

Isaiah Crocker

Juwan Johnson

Jaylon Red

Mycah Pittman

Lance Wilhoite

Josh Delgado

he's definitely an elite physical specimen with great height and amazing hands. I'm not so sure his feet are quick/lateral enough for getting his break in against a decent corner, but that will be TBD. Not trying to be critical just applying the same eye test I apply to all our guys too.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    DJDuck said:

Actually last year it was the third receiver that was the problem. Actually Mitchell, Redd and our TE’s were productive. Johnny Johnson was the receiver with the most drops. Schooler is a good receiver but not special. He is just a great athlete. He should have stayed at safety. I’ll take our receivers over any Washington receiver. I’m excited about Crocker, Delgado, Pittman, Wilhoite,Waters, Tucker and the Return of Cam McCormick.

Schooler is an atrocious receiver and the TEs were not productive. This was an issue for O last year: one guy.

Everyone knew they had young talent in the sideline. Now it depends on whether they show up.