Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

BREAKING! SCOTUS gives Trump a YUGE victory on the border WALL!!

DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
edited July 2019 in Tug Tavern
Reuters Top News

@Reuters
JUST IN: Supreme Court allows Trump administration to spend $2.5 billion in Pentagon funds on border wall

https://therightscoop.com/breaking-scotus-gives-trump-a-yuge-victory-on-the-border-wall/

Comments

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,104 Standard Supporter
    DJDuck said:

Reuters Top News

@Reuters
    JUST IN: Supreme Court allows Trump administration to spend $2.5 billion in Pentagon funds on border wall

https://therightscoop.com/breaking-scotus-gives-trump-a-yuge-victory-on-the-border-wall/

Yuge beat down of Gavin Newsome and El Monte!
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    This is a lame win, considering Trump and his party had control of both branches of Congress for two years and the original amount was supposed to be $25 BILLION.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    Excellent.

I like to see dollars taken from the troops to spend on a wall Trump couldn't get funded by a congress willing to go a trillion in the hole during a humming economy.

Huge win. For Trump's ballwashers.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,012 Standard Supporter
    The large majority of the Republican house wanted a wall but not open borders Paul Ryan. If 10 percent of the House dems weren't open borders America haters we could secure the border. Seems like the dems deserve most of the blame.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358
    Daddy had funds available before this. Not much construction going on. The deplorables like being conned.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,541 Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

DJDuck said:

Reuters Top News

@Reuters

Yuge beat down of Gavin Newsome and El Monte!

Just call me Nostrathrobbermus.

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,541 Standard Supporter
    dflea said:

Excellent.

I like to see dollars taken from the troops to spend on a wall Trump couldn't get funded by a congress willing to go a trillion in the hole during a humming economy.

Huge win. For Trump's ballwashers.

Whynotboth.gif?

Troops need a place to train.

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

The large majority of the Republican house wanted a wall but not open borders Paul Ryan. If 10 percent of the House dems weren't open borders America haters we could secure the border. Seems like the dems deserve most of the blame.

Sound like you don't get it yet, they all play for the same team. Republicans showed their true colors in the first two years -- that they never have been, are not currently, and never will be serious about ending illegal immigration or cutting legal immigration.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844

Sound like you don't get it yet, they all play for the same team. Republicans showed their true colors in the first two years -- that they never have been, are not currently, and never will be serious about ending illegal immigration or cutting legal immigration.
    It’s true. I live in one of the up and coming Mexican countries that Trump spoke of earlier. An area that has seen double the population growth since I’ve been here.

It makes my old enough to remember when We? Had a migrant worker program and immigrants followed the rule of law. Even after Oregon became a sanctuary state.

That was drawn up because too many migrants were being pulled over in the Woodburn area and we? were losing too many good workers. The politicians used an unfortunate bad cop shooting to get traction on it. But it passed in the dark of night as illegal immigration wasn’t even an issue back then, here in Oregon.

But when the economy started to pop here, migrants figured out that there was no reason to go back home. And Contractors took advantage of cheap labor and the railroad was open.

Basically California 2.0. So my point is that the people with the money love their cheap labor and have let their bought and paid for politicians know that if they intend to stay in office, they won’t take it away from them.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    salemcoog said:

It’s true. I live in one of the up and coming Mexican countries that Trump spoke of earlier. An area that has seen double the population growth since I’ve been here.

It makes my old enough to remember when We? Had a migrant worker program and immigrants followed the rule of law. Even after Oregon became a sanctuary state.

That was drawn up because too many migrants were being pulled over in the Woodburn area and we? were losing too many good workers. The politicians used an unfortunate bad cop shooting to get traction on it. But it passed in the dark of night as illegal immigration wasn’t even an issue back then, here in Oregon.

But when the economy started to pop here, migrants figured out that there was no reason to go back home. And Contractors took advantage of cheap labor and the railroad was open.

Basically California 2.0. So my point is that the people with the money love their cheap labor and have let their bought and paid for politicians know that if they intend to stay in office, they won’t take it away from them.
    I love cheap labor.

Also, I’ve bought politicians, but never paid for them.
  • DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970

salemcoog said:

I love cheap labor.

I remember when me and my friends were the cheap labor bringing in several crops in the Willamette valley.

• DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    edited July 2019

This is a lame win, considering Trump and his party had control of both branches of Congress for two years and the original amount was supposed to be $25 BILLION.

How ignorant. This is not a “lame” win. This has significant ramifications on defining the separations of power and the power of the executive branch in this realm going forward for years and years to come.

Another ignorant narrative about that two branches of Congress bullshit. He needed 60 votes in the Senate.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844

salemcoog said:

I love cheap labor.

Profound. Now go bump someone’s leg moar your speed, say like Owly or Hondo.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    DJDuck said:

How ignorant. This is not a “lame” win. This has significant ramifications on defining the separations of power and the power of the executive branch in this realm going forward for years and years to come.

Another ignorant narrative about that two branches of Congress bullshit. He needed 60 votes in the Senate.
    So what you are saying is that conservatives are too dumb to govern with a majority, they also need filibuster proof Senate. And everything is Democrats fault because they didn't have that much power. Ok!
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    I want a wall because it hurts your feelings
  • HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    I want a wall to laugh at people who think it will work.
  • GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470

I want a wall because it hurts your feelings

And this personifies ‘Murica in 2019
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

You want to laugh at bill clinton and Obama?
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

There's a reason why the parts of the border that don't have a wall, don't have a wall. Obama and Clinton didn't believe in open borders and they strengthened the wall where it made sense.

So it's almost like one thing is different than the other.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

There's a reason why the parts of the border that don't have a wall, don't have a wall. Obama and Clinton didn't believe in open borders and they strengthened the wall where it made sense.

So it's almost like one thing is different than the other.
    Complete bullshit