Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We’re all ready fur sum Fuball.

KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
But with the exception of a tiny few P5 schools, the first 3 gaymes are body bag gaymes. No intrigue, little doubt of who will win them.

College Football is all about the Benjamins. So given that why isn’t there a mandate that P5 schools play at least 2 other P5 schools in the scrimmage season? Better ratings for all of the networks and more intrigue in the later parts of the Season when the CFP picture comes into focus. Is it just all about protecting the perennial blue bloods, so they have a better chance of being alive for the CFP? I get that the networks that pay the bills want the highest ratings possible for the CFP. But wouldn’t overall viewership be moar voluminous if there were better early Season matchups? Because right now, it’s the same 6 teams that are set up to contend for a spot in the Final Four every year.

And that’s just fucking boring if you axe me. I’ll take your comments on the air.

Comments

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,169
    salemcoog said:

But with the exception of a tiny few P5 schools, the first 3 gaymes are body bag gaymes. No intrigue, little doubt of who will win them.

College Football is all about the Benjamins. So given that why isn’t there a mandate that P5 schools play at least 2 other P5 schools in the scrimmage season? Better ratings for all of the networks and more intrigue in the later parts of the Season when the CFP picture comes into focus. Is it just all about protecting the perennial blue bloods, so they have a better chance of being alive for the CFP? I get that the networks that pay the bills want the highest ratings possible for the CFP. But wouldn’t overall viewership be moar voluminous if there were better early Season matchups? Because right now, it’s the same 6 teams that are set up to contend for a spot in the Final Four every year.

And that’s just fucking boring if you axe me. I’ll take your comments on the air.

ABC can only air one game at a time.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    Yes. It's an arms race to the bottom when one loss can derail your season. September is an entire month of missed opportunity for CFB.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,860

Agree

Cal looms
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110

Yes. It's an arms race to the bottom when one loss can derail your season. September is an entire month of missed opportunity for CFB.

We? would have been fine if we didn't shit ourselves against Oregon and Cal.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,204

We? would have been fine if we didn't shit ourselves against Oregon and Cal.
    Losing 70 - 3 against Clemson would've been special.