Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Worst Oregon Game in Your Lifetime

ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
Following a thread from the UW main board.

A ton of Bellotti games come to mind immediately (cool, rich, 4-0) as well as a few Helfrich games. Luckily I was out of the country for this one, but it's definitely up there: https://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400757039

I think I'd have to go with this one; https://www.espn.com/college-football/recap?gameId=242552483

Season opener vs Indiana. 7 turnovers. Incredible incompetency. The entire season over within 60 minutes of it starting.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Easy, the only tim I ever rooted for you feathered fucks

• Options
    dnc said:

Easy, the only tim I ever rooted for you feathered fucks

Maybe it's my weird expectations, but I was able to be down on the sidelines before the game and after watching Auburns linemen compared to ours I thought to myself it would be a miracle if we were even competitive in the game. So I wasn't that upset by that one, either. The Ohio State national title...that one definitely hurt more. Especially knowing that Marcus was gone and the window was now closed for at least a decade.
  • Options

ntxduck said:

Probably got Helfrich fired. Browning was our St Haden. I don't remember being upset by that one at all.
    This is why you are a well respekted negaduck.

Imagine losing to jack cobra that badly. HelfrichFS.
    I had 2.5k on UW -3 that I had made back in August for this game, too. So that helped.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    This one is definitely up there too. Another Bellotti special
    https://www.espn.co.uk/college-football/recap?gameId=232840009

cc @bitchfork
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    This one hurt moor than 70-21 because there was still hope for the season. It also made you realize just how much they Lance Harbor'ed up VAJ the week before to stay in the Michigan State game, which I had watched surrounded by Spoorties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIekEy-ERgU

This one is still pique Bellotti to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0eYWcLsvH8

This was the angriest I ever got at a win, mostly because I spent the whole of the game driving from LA to Vegas to meet friends, arrived with about five minutes left to texts about Jonathan Stewart's "fumble," the pass interference no calls and the ref's lack of concern about the play clock and spotting the ball right, and proceeded to get black out drunk. It wasn't until the next morning I found out how we'd won.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK6gWRDmuw0

• Options

This one hurt moor than 70-21 because there was still hope for the season. It also made you realize just how much they Lance Harbor'ed up VAJ the week before to stay in the Michigan State game, which I had watched surrounded by Spoorties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIekEy-ERgU

This one is still pique Bellotti to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0eYWcLsvH8

This was the angriest I ever got at a win, mostly because I spent the whole of the game driving from LA to Vegas to meet friends, arrived with about five minutes left to texts about Jonathan Stewart's "fumble," the pass interference no calls and the ref's lack of concern about the play clock and spotting the ball right, and proceeded to get black out drunk. It wasn't until the next morning I found out how we'd won.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK6gWRDmuw0

Yeah, Oregon-Stanford 2001 was rough. I guess it doesn't bother me as much in hindsight because that season ended up playing out better than if we(?) had beaten Stanford and gone undefeated. We got to play Colorado in the Fiesta and blow them out. If we had gone undefeated, we lose by 4 tds to Miami in the title game.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Another Bellotti-era gem.

http://cdn.espn.com/college-football/recap?id=223640154

God damn those 2002 and 2004 seasons were awful. Utah is about to take a huge step back this year with Ludwig running the offense. That guy was truly, truly horrible at his job
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,043
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited July 2019
    The 2 blocked kick or fumbled kick or whatever the fuck it was vs Stanford in 2001, or the Keenan Howry fumble through the EZ vs UCLA, or the Cam Colvin fumble through the EZ vs CAL, or the Keith Allen dropping a TD on 4th down vs CAL, or the Natty vs tOSU where we went down the field and scored a TD on the first drive of the game and then got our shit pushed in. Or the Reggie Williams slant game, I had to move that day and was already pissed off. I didn't watch 70-13 or whatever that UW game was 2-3 years ago. Oh and the fucking civil war 2 years ago. Fuck you Rob Mullens and Mark Helfrich you pieces of shit. DIAFF. The 7 turnover 2 blocked kick game vs Indiana doesn't make the list because fuck it, with 9 effective turnovers it was just a comedy at that point. Jesus' dad was laughing his ass off.

Ah jesus the wake forest and BYU bowel games. Oh and all the games where our? QB breaks his leg at Arizona. Those are great.

Oh and LAST YEARS FUCKING COLLAPSE AGAINST STANFORD. Oh and the time we gave up 24 points and 400 yards to bowling green at home. Or the time we almost lost to San Jose St, at home. OH WAIT ALSO LAST YEAR.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

As bad as that was the Utah debacle was harder to watch.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

The 2 blocked kick or fumbled kick or whatever the fuck it was vs Stanford in 2001, or the Keenan Howry fumble through the EZ vs UCLA, or the Cam Colvin fumble through the EZ vs CAL, or the Keith Allen dropping a TD on 4th down vs CAL, or the Natty vs tOSU where we went down the field and scored a TD on the first drive of the game and then got our shit pushed in. Or the Reggie Williams slant game, I had to move that day and was already pissed off. I didn't watch 70-13 or whatever that UW game was 2-3 years ago. Oh and the fucking civil war 2 years ago. Fuck you Rob Mullens and Mark Helfrich you pieces of shit. DIAFF. The 7 turnover 2 blocked kick game vs Indiana doesn't make the list because fuck it, with 9 effective turnovers it was just a comedy at that point. Jesus' dad was laughing his ass off.

Ah jesus the wake forest and BYU bowel games. Oh and all the games where our? QB breaks his leg at Arizona. Those are great.

Oh and LAST YEARS FUCKING COLLAPSE AGAINST STANFORD. Oh and the time we gave up 24 points and 400 yards to bowling green at home. Or the time we almost lost to San Jose St, at home. OH WAIT ALSO LAST YEAR.

We?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,481
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2019
    Such fucking bullshit. Stop pretending you didn't care about that game. It was early in conference play and you'd only lost to colorado to that point if I remember correctly. Close road loss to MSU wasn't indicative of how bad you were.

At that point not a single one of you thought you were eventually a 4 win team that would also get pounded by beavlet.

Such revisionist garbage.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

Such fucking bullshit. Stop pretending you didn't care about that game. It was early in conference play and you'd only lost to colorado to that point if I remember correctly. Close road loss to MSU wasn't indicative of how bad you were.

At that point not a single one of you thought you were eventually a 4 win team that would also get pounded by beavlet.

Be a better troll.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    haie said:

You are worst poaster. At least SAC has a thought process. Backthepack will say something intelligence and sometimes doesn’t follow the party line. DNC has dry humor. You just sound bitter and lack any quality.
  • Options
    haie said:

Wrong season you fucking moron. The close loss at Michigan State was 2015.

In 2016, Oregon was 2-3 with 3 straight losses, including home vs Colorado and a blowout loss at Washington State. The only wins were over UC Davis (where they scored 30 points) and UVA.

Only the losers on equook (similar to Willingham supporters on dawgman) couldn't see the writing on the wall. To anyone with a brain, it was apparent that Helfrich had driven the program off a cliff and we were actively rooting for Oregon to lose out at that point to ensure he got fired.
  • Options

haie said:

Be a better troll.
    He uses SAC for his good trolling account
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,481
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sounds like you care about that game.