Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    GoDuxGoDux Member Posts: 24
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper
    247 sucks.

Herbert to Breeland will be a key to success this year. These two are poised for some all P12 honors, but best TE in the country is a stretch.
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2019
    GoDux said:

247 sucks.

Herbert to Breeland will be a key to success this year. These two are poised for some all P12 honors, but best TE in the country is a stretch.

I agree with you. However for me this brings to mind Herbert’s biggest flaw. He has a tough time seeing ALL of his receivers. Sometimes he has tunnel vision. You would have had to be at the games at Autzen to really pick this up particularly with Breeland. Breeland was so open so often it pains me to even talk about it.

Last year when Breeland kind up in the H-Back position usually behind left tackle it was almost like he was invisible. So many times he would be running free wide open usually in the middle of the field and JH would try and force it into Dillon Mitchell.

• Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    This is actually big for Oregon. Herberts best trait BY FAR is his arm talent when attacking the middle of the field to TE’s or Slot WR’s. He can overpower everything with his spectacular arm when doing so that compensates for his biggest glaring issue which is his footwork that bleeds over to timing/accuracy issues. If they can find a way to get Breeland and Patty Herbert going not only will it play into Herbie Fully Loaded’s strengths, but also make for the perfect matchup against UDUB who has Strong Safety issues, and Myles Bryant issues.

I think PFF has a pretty good video about Herbert attacking the middle of the field that lays what I said.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

This is actually big for Oregon. Herberts best trait BY FAR is his arm talent when attacking the middle of the field to TE’s or Slot WR’s. He can overpower everything with his spectacular arm when doing so that compensates for his biggest glaring issue which is his footwork that bleeds over to timing/accuracy issues. If they can find a way to get Breeland and Patty Herbert going not only will it play into Herbie Fully Loaded’s strengths, but also make for the perfect matchup against UDUB who has Strong Safety issues, and Myles Bryant issues.

I think PFF has a pretty good video about Herbert attacking the middle of the field that lays what I said.

It's pretty embarrassing when you watch Herbert highlights how they compensate for his poor footwork. If you watch, when Oregon goes empty set, the majority of the time they still have Herbert give a PA fake to an imaginary RB....because that's what he's comfortable with. A real OC would have coached him out of that by his second season. Instead, he's a 4th year starter who will still be faking handoffs to ghost running backs.

I'm not a Herbert fan at all, but when you see that kind of shitty AF coaching you kind of understand why NFL coaches think they can get a lot more out of him.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    We need David Yost as OC. Great strategist AND quarterback guru. Check out Utah State’s record and numbers along with Jordan Love’s stats.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2019
    DJDuck said:

We need David Yost as OC. Great strategist AND quarterback guru. Check out Utah State’s record and numbers along with Jordan Love’s stats.

Yost is at Texas Tech now. He was also already at Oregon and proved to be fairly worthless. I would attribute Jordan Love's development at USU more to the HC Matt Wells (also now at TT), who worked hands-on with the QBs.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    ntxduck said:

DJDuck said:

Yost is at Texas Tech now. He was also already at Oregon and proved to be fairly worthless. I would attribute Jordan Love's development at USU more to the HC Matt Wells (also now at TT), who worked hands-on with the QBs.
    Yost was good with QBs. He has a history of it.
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

DJDuck said:

And your evidence that he is fairly worthless is...........

• Options
    edited July 2019
    So your contention is USU hires QB coaches but doesn’t use them and the HC does the job. Good thinking. Actually all you,r blather is just assumption. As usual your ass issues checks your mouth can’t cash.

“Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt”