Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A one of a kind achievement for Seattle

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,019 Founders Club
edited July 2019 in Hardcore Husky Board
So after some extensive research this week, I have made a fascinating discovery: It would appear Seattle is the only city in the US which has managed to produce a college football natty and music album natty in the same year. And not only that, we? had the two finalists in the natty game that year- i.e., #1 Nirvana's Nevermind vs #2 Peal Jam's Ten.

Los Angeles seems to be the only other college football "town" which merits consideration. USC won the natty in 1967 and The Doors (debut album) would have made the Final 4 that year, but then go on to get crushed by our? Are You Experienced or Sgt. Pepper. Fleetwood Mac's Rumors came out in 1977, a shitty year for USC. USC also won a NT in 1978 which was the year Van Halen I was released but would that album have beat Some Girls (#269 all time per Rolling Stone vs #410 all time for Van Halen I)?

Looking at all the other college towns, I am not seeing any other contenders...

Gainesville, FL - Tom Petty's last great album was Wildflowers in 1994. Florida's first natty didn't come until 1996.

Miamuh? - I'm sure 2 Live Crew had some good songs in the natty seasons, but no album that's worthy of a NT. Sorry @creepycoug

Athens, GA - REM had great albums in the 80's but all were released after UGA's 1980 NT season.

Atlanta, GA - GA Tech won a natty in 1990 but this was well before to golden age of @dirtysouwfdawg hip hop.

Ann Arbor, MI - The Stooges had some great albums but none were around Michigan being in a run for a natty.

I honestly can't think of any other college town that would be in the mix. Norman, Tuscaloosa, Lincoln, South Bend, et al, are all cultural wastelands. @Dennis_DeYoung what say you?

Comments