Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Rowboat question...

2»

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2019

dnc said:

Only a matter of time before Our Trannies get in there and dominate women's row boat

This is absolutely what's going to happen. Men are going to take all the scholarships and there's nothing Title IX can do about it.

I *weep* for our REAL daughters.

Clearly just an NCAA limitation OR my eyes suck.
    It's against the laws of nature. No large human, female row boater wants to date a wee, lil 5'4" 125 lb boat jockey. But there's plenty of tall dudes ( not me of, of course ) that are in to spinners.
    I'm talking rowboat, not sex.

Kindly keep your mind out of the gutter.
    I don't know if there's a rule against it, but you never see it.

Generally, coxswains are like jockeys: you want them small, light and loud. Women tend to fit that bill better than men most of the tim.
    Saw it on the television last night. International race. Boff the Kiwis and the Aussies had male cox in their 8 womyn boat.
    I will try and do some more specific research as to what the NCAA rule book says. I'm not familiar with the international rules.
    Don't worry. I'm sure that NCAA Womyns wouldn't allow a male cox. That would be taking away a scholarship opportunity...

But Internationally, they gots a dude coxing the girls in that long 8 boat.

Next Q,
    Does the clock stop at the bow or stern across the finish line?
    Stern. First one across the line.
    Objection your honor!!. You're timed on the bow ball crossing the finish line.
    My inability to know bow from stern is why I didn't row boat.

It would help me out a lot if you rowboaters weren't facing backwards.

So does that mean that Creepy's kid was 8 seat and not 1 seat?

Ok!!!
    Creepy JR was bow seat (i.e., # 1 seat) I thought. Stroke seat is 8 seat.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    whlinder said:

When women are needed for title IX compliance they’re not about to waste precious spots for a male cocks

O rly?
    Swaye's Wigwam

There are multiple cox.

In a discussion about female cox? @PurpleThrobber is slipping. Too many edibles...

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

dnc said:

Only a matter of time before Our Trannies get in there and dominate women's row boat

This is absolutely what's going to happen. Men are going to take all the scholarships and there's nothing Title IX can do about it.

It's against the laws of nature. No large human, female row boater wants to date a wee, lil 5'4" 125 lb boat jockey. But there's plenty of tall dudes ( not me of, of course ) that are in to spinners.

Generally, coxswains are like jockeys: you want them small, light and loud. Women tend to fit that bill better than men most of the tim.
    Saw it on the television last night. International race. Boff the Kiwis and the Aussies had male cox in their 8 womyn boat.
    I will try and do some more specific research as to what the NCAA rule book says. I'm not familiar with the international rules.
    Don't worry. I'm sure that NCAA Womyns wouldn't allow a male cox. That would be taking away a scholarship opportunity...

Next Q,

Ok!!!
    She was stroke.
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Next Q,

Ok!!!
    She was stroke.
    A real cerebral, film room junkie, solid academis row boater then. No engine room dumbs for @creepycoug .

dnc said:

Next Q,

Ok!!!
    She was stroke.
    A real cerebral, film room junkie, solid academis row boater then. No engine room dumbs for @creepycoug .
    This is true.

Chintresting take from Creepy Junior. As accomplished as her class was in the water, one thing she noted that was an issue for them all season long was timing. There were one or two pairs who didn't snyc super well, and as you know, you start moving people around and it has other, often unintended, consequences. So some heads hitting shoulders, timing in and out of the catch, angles, length and stroke variability, etc. So the smallest kid in their boat, while fast relative to her weight, naturally doesn't have the fastest 2K. But from a cost-to-output standpoint, she was good. One of the things Creepy Jr. thought may have slowed them down at NCAAs was moving that kid into the middle. The coach was doing it more from a finesse standpoint and trying to get the pairs as synced up as he could. But in doing so he moved an engine room kid out of the engine room and moved a slower but more technical rower from the bow section into the power room to match up better with one of the really fast kids. She may have a point.

dnc said:

Next Q,

Ok!!!
    She was stroke.
    The kind of rower you want your son to marry. A real lunch pale kid in the boat.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

There are multiple cox.

In a discussion about female cox? @PurpleThrobber is slipping. Too many edibles...

Or not enough, bruh.