Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hardcore Husky Liturgical Calendar

2»

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,860

November 26, 2012 was the first day this cesspool made it debit on the interwebs

Do you remember what day we first discussed this shit hole or the first day you thought of it?
    Must have been a cataclysmic revelation by DJ...
    I cataclysmed, that’s for sure
    If ur gonna have a cataclysm

Do it in ur room
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,539 Swaye's Wigwam

November 26, 2012 was the first day this cesspool made it debit on the interwebs

Do you remember what day we first discussed this shit hole or the first day you thought of it?
    Sometime in the summer of 2012. The actual work started in August or September.

I remember feeling like there was no place for me or my Half Brain brethren. I went to a coffee shop and wrote out a vision of what I wanted in a new website. I wanted to create a more refined version of the old HuskyHalfBrains.com. I wanted it to be on a high quality site. I wanted to create an environment where certain posters would emerge as "celebrities" and help give the site its life and personality. I wanted to find that fine line where we foster an environment that was still rough-and-tumble with blatantly told uncomfortable truths, but also have it be balanced with limits on the hardcore images that could be posted, so we didn't self-implode like the HHBv.1.

From the standpoint of growth, the site has been more successful than I imagined possible back 2012. (I would assume that CheersWest, Nacho, Damone etc. would agree). I have also been pleasantly surprised by the loyalty and dedication shown to the site by so many posters. Yes, sometimes I open my inbox and see the bullshit in there and wonder what the hell's going on out there. But overall, it has been a wonderful experience to see what we've grown here.