Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Chris Petersen versus the Pac

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Not my top guy, but I think this bored is too opposed to him.

Here's how he's fared versus the schools of the Pac12:

Arizona St: 1-0
Oregon: 2-0
Oregon St: 2-0
Utah: 2-0
Washington: 1-2

For whatever reason, UW has his number. But dude's 7-0 against other schools from the conference. There's a reason plenty of big schools have come after him.

I would definitely LIPO if we hired him. Far superior to the Nussmeier/Wilcox type options, IMO.

Comments

• Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,093
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

I would definitely LIPO if we hired him. Far superior to the Nussmeier/Wilcox type options, IMO.

I agree with your sentiment there - but we can do better than that. He would be an alright but underwhelming hire.
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    He wouldn't even go for SC, so I think he's waste of time to even discuss. He'll slowly decay at BS, as they become what they were before.
  • Options
    priapism said:

He wouldn't even go for SC, so I think he's waste of time to even discuss. He'll slowly decay at BS, as they become what they were before.

PatHadenFS picked Sark over him.

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Remember TCU against the world ... then the coach had to start playing that schedule week in and week out ... same with Utah ...

Easy to out coach people when you have time ... but to do it week in and week out ... different story.
  • Options
    topdawgnc said:

Remember TCU against the world ... then the coach had to start playing that schedule week in and week out ... same with Utah ...

Easy to out coach people when you have time ... but to do it week in and week out ... different story.

There's definitely risk.

OTOH, Urban Meyer and Brian Kelly.

I'm not saying it's not a risk, it absolutely is. But it's a risk with legitimate upside, which is a hell of a lot better than David Cutcliffe.

• Options
    dnc said:

topdawgnc said:

There's definitely risk.

I'm not saying it's not a risk, it absolutely is. But it's a risk with legitimate upside, which is a hell of a lot better than David Cutcliffe.

Cutcliffe > Petersen

simple fact
  • Options
    topdawgnc said:

dnc said:

topdawgnc said:

There's definitely risk.

Cutcliffe > Petersen

simple fact
    You're talking to Ole Miss Superiority guy here.

You're wrong.
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    dnc said:

priapism said:

You sure about that? I thought CP bowed out, which caused the events to unfold as they did
  • Options

dnc said:

priapism said:

You sure about that? I thought CP bowed out, which caused the events to unfold as they did
    All signs point to Sark having been selected weeks ago.

• Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Alright not what I heard, but wait for the story to come out eventually
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Pat haden fs was playing chess, woodward on that checkers grind. Sark was the ruse, hth
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    topdawgnc said:

dnc said:

topdawgnc said:

There's definitely risk.

Cutcliffe > Petersen

simple fact
    Tells me everything I need to know about everyone on this board right now.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    topdawgnc said:

dnc said:

topdawgnc said:

There's definitely risk.

Cutcliffe > Petersen

simple fact
    They both are shitty options
  • Options
    dnc said:

topdawgnc said:

dnc said:

topdawgnc said:

There's definitely risk.

Cutcliffe > Petersen

simple fact

You're wrong.
    You mean the Ole Miss, where Cutcliffe won 60% of his games?

Sark like records at Ole Miss ... and division championships at Duke > Boise State winning.
  • Options
    JuicyHawgCoogJuicyHawgCoog Member Posts: 122
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I would wager a shit load of money that Petersen, in the pac12 with the same teams, would be average. It's nice to spend 90% of you time ass raping teams and inflating your ego, until you stumble into a contest where your belief/ false respect alone is enough to keep you in the game. Put them in the PAC and he's just another coach.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    topdawgnc said:

Problem with that argument is it's fucking TCU. You don't think if Patterson bolted for A&M, etc, he'd have slightly more success? You can't recruit against Texas to TCU. You can't recruit against SC at Boise. You can at Washington.

I'm not a big Peterson guy but I'm beginning to think the fucktards who want a coordinator might get their way. I'll take Peterson over a coordinator any day of the week. At least he's proven he can win. Deruyter hasn't proven he can win in a BCS conference. Neither has Bohl. But they've fucking won.
  • Options
    topdawgnc said:

dnc said:

topdawgnc said:

dnc said:

topdawgnc said:

There's definitely risk.

Cutcliffe > Petersen

simple fact

You're wrong.
    You mean the Ole Miss, where Cutcliffe won 60% of his games?

Sark like records at Ole Miss ... and division championships at Duke > Boise State winning.
    Meh. He was 25-23 in the SEC, and this was before the SEC was THE SEC. He had one good year when Eli was a senior and otherwise was 3-5 or 4-4 every season.

And he doesn't have division championships at Duke. He has one division championship and is going to get raped in the title game. He's four games over .500 in his career with the pending plungering set to move that to 3.

In 11 seasons as a head coach he has yet to win a conference championship.

He might be worse than Sark.
  • Options
    Dude ... It's Duke and Ole Miss ...

You act like he took over Alabama

Anywho ...

I don't want Cutcliffe ... But I would take him over Petersen ...
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    topdawgnc said:

Dude ... It's Duke and Ole Miss ...

You act like he took over Alabama

Anywho ...

I don't want Cutcliffe ... But I would take him over Petersen ...

But Ty took Stanford to a rose bowl. It's not like it was SC or UW. It was Stanford.

• Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,093
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I would take Petersen over Cutcliffe.

We need to get a list of all the names that have been thrown out and then find a webtool that allows us to rank everyone and compare and compile the results.