Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mosiah Nasili-Liu is taking off.

Comments

• Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer

bigcc said:

Shit like knocking out a teammate is not worthy of being dismissed.

This has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever read here, and you set a pretty high bar dude
    Seriously, have you ever played fucking football? Fights between teammates happen all the fucking time. Talk too much shit, you can get knocked out. Steal something from a teammate, you can get knocked out. Fuck somebodies girlfriend, you can get knocked. All justifiable reasons for knocking someone out. This isn't band camp bitch.
    Well it’s clear you never played team sports (or at least anything relatively competitive) if you think this. Does this stuff happen? Sure, but it’s not like some bad sports movie which you are basing it off of.
    I'm not basing it off a movie. I'm basing it off of personal experience.
    No you’re not. LOL.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2019
    AlCzervik said:

bigcc said:

This has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever read here, and you set a pretty high bar dude
    Seriously, have you ever played fucking football? Fights between teammates happen all the fucking time. Talk too much shit, you can get knocked out. Steal something from a teammate, you can get knocked out. Fuck somebodies girlfriend, you can get knocked. All justifiable reasons for knocking someone out. This isn't band camp bitch.
    Well it’s clear you never played team sports (or at least anything relatively competitive) if you think this. Does this stuff happen? Sure, but it’s not like some bad sports movie which you are basing it off of.
    I'm not basing it off a movie. I'm basing it off of personal experience.
    No you’re not. LOL.
    You don't know me. Stop pandering for chins.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

bigcc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

bigcc said:

Knocking out a teammate isn't always worthy of being dismissed, that doesn't mean it's never worthy of being dismissed.

Context is king.

You have none.

STFU
    Knocking out a teammate should never warrant dismissal. There's 85 players plus walk ons on the roster. There are bound to be some disagreements and fights that happen. If you think a guy like Savell Smalls can make it four years here without knocking somebody out or getting into a fight, you're an idiot. He tries to start fights with guys every time he loses too many reps in a camp. I don't care at all about teammates fighting as long as nobody is seriously injured and it's not malicious. You knock a guy out and walk away and it's over. It's the coach's job to make sure guys squash any beef and to discipline them. You can't possibly believe that fights between teammates don't happen at every school all the time. OKG's or not, these are still football players and sometimes they make mistakes.
    Nobody said shit about fights not happening all the time. All I said is that context matters and you can't possibly make the blanket statement that knocking out a teammate is not a dismissible offense. It's not an auto dismiss but that doesn't mean it's an auto keep. Every case is different. There are plenty of things that could make "knocking out a teammate" dismissible.

Bringing Smalls into this is red herring as fuck. He has shit to do with this.
    Until you have that context you can't take Petersen's side due to his reputation of being a hard disciplinarian. At Boise State he dismissed his starting QB from the team for peeing off a balcony. Nobody should ever take Petersen's side in these matters until we know the player really fucked up.

Smalls has everything to do with this. We need players like him on this fucking roster to beat teams that play with an edge because he plays with an edge. But he also is always getting into fights with guys and starting drama. If Petersen can't handle a few guys like that on his roster it's a problem. Now if Mosiah did something egregious then I will 100% back his dismissal. But I never blindly take Petersen's side. Last I heard, he's still drug testing players for marijuana and nobody gives a fuck if they smoke weed.
    "If marijuana infiltrates your program, then everyone is going to do it and you've got a huge problem," Saban said. "If you don't test and do it right, that's what's going to happen -- because it's everywhere on college campuses."

https://www.al.com/sports/2012/04/saban_talks_to_espn_about_drug.html

The fuck does this guy know though
    Lol you think he actually walks that walk. That's called lip service. Bama players do whatever the fuck they want and get away with everything. Nobody is ever getting dismissed from Bama's roster for smoking weed, ever.
    Bama will boot a 3rd string junior simply for existing.

Petersen isn’t Saban or Urban Meyer where he will let just about anything go. I don’t know why that’s hard to grasp. It’s not going to change.
    Everyone agrees we don't want bad guys on this team. But I've seen Petersen kick kids off his teams for knocking out a teammate, testing positive for weed, and peeing off a hotel balcony. No team in the history of college football has EVER won a national championship with ALL boy scouts. That is my fucking point. People shouldn't just assume Mosiah did something terrible without knowing the fucking facts because Petersen has booted kids for minimal shit before.
    Petersen was already at UE when Southwick peed off the hotel balcony but Southwick definitely supports your crusade for the due process rights of NCAA athletes:

““It's really important for myself and my family to get this cleared up," Southwick said. "There was no process to properly adjudicate what happened.””
  • Options
    edited July 2019

bigcc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

bigcc said:

Knocking out a teammate isn't always worthy of being dismissed, that doesn't mean it's never worthy of being dismissed.

Context is king.

You have none.

STFU
    Knocking out a teammate should never warrant dismissal. There's 85 players plus walk ons on the roster. There are bound to be some disagreements and fights that happen. If you think a guy like Savell Smalls can make it four years here without knocking somebody out or getting into a fight, you're an idiot. He tries to start fights with guys every time he loses too many reps in a camp. I don't care at all about teammates fighting as long as nobody is seriously injured and it's not malicious. You knock a guy out and walk away and it's over. It's the coach's job to make sure guys squash any beef and to discipline them. You can't possibly believe that fights between teammates don't happen at every school all the time. OKG's or not, these are still football players and sometimes they make mistakes.
    Nobody said shit about fights not happening all the time. All I said is that context matters and you can't possibly make the blanket statement that knocking out a teammate is not a dismissible offense. It's not an auto dismiss but that doesn't mean it's an auto keep. Every case is different. There are plenty of things that could make "knocking out a teammate" dismissible.

Until you have that context you can't take Petersen's side due to his reputation of being a hard disciplinarian. At Boise State he dismissed his starting QB from the team for peeing off a balcony. Nobody should ever take Petersen's side in these matters until we know the player really fucked up.

Smalls has everything to do with this. We need players like him on this fucking roster to beat teams that play with an edge because he plays with an edge. But he also is always getting into fights with guys and starting drama. If Petersen can't handle a few guys like that on his roster it's a problem. Now if Mosiah did something egregious then I will 100% back his dismissal. But I never blindly take Petersen's side. Last I heard, he's still drug testing players for marijuana and nobody gives a fuck if they smoke weed.
    "If marijuana infiltrates your program, then everyone is going to do it and you've got a huge problem," Saban said. "If you don't test and do it right, that's what's going to happen -- because it's everywhere on college campuses."

Lol you think he actually walks that walk. That's called lip service. Bama players do whatever the fuck they want and get away with everything. Nobody is ever getting dismissed from Bama's roster for smoking weed, ever.

Petersen isn’t Saban or Urban Meyer where he will let just about anything go. I don’t know why that’s hard to grasp. It’s not going to change.
    Everyone agrees we don't want bad guys on this team. But I've seen Petersen kick kids off his teams for knocking out a teammate, testing positive for weed, and peeing off a hotel balcony. No team in the history of college football has EVER won a national championship with ALL boy scouts. That is my fucking point. People shouldn't just assume Mosiah did something terrible without knowing the fucking facts because Petersen has booted kids for minimal shit before.
    Petersen was already at UE when Southwick peed off the hotel balcony but Southwick definitely supports your crusade for the due process rights of NCAA athletes:

““It's really important for myself and my family to get this cleared up," Southwick said. "There was no process to properly adjudicate what happened.””
    Unless the players in question committed a felony, I stand with the players every time. These coaches are fucking millionaires. I don't care about their well being in the grand scheme of things because they are well taken care of and will still be millionaires if they get fired. Most of them are overpaid anyways. They coach football for fuck sake. They're not out here saving lives like surgeons or anything important like that.

I care about the kids and their well being because this is the most important time of their lives and the best shot most of them have at ever making life changing money not only for themselves, but for their families as well. If Mosiah did not commit a felony or is not accused of committing a felony, then fuck that, I do not agree with his dismissal. I also don't agree with the assumptions made about what he must have done to deserve being dismissed. We don't know shit. Sure, he can transfer to another school easily, but his best chance of maximizing his NFL earning potential was probably at UW.

And yeah, I don't like losing quality talent either. Who does? We kicked him to the curb and barring a rape case, another team will gladly pick him up (probably in the Pac-12) and laugh at UW for dismissing him. That's fucking stupid and not how you win games. That's all I care about. Win. Fucking. Games. That's the whole point. Nobody is okay with losing as long as the team is all a bunch of Russell Wilson types. It's about winning. That's it. This hurts our ability to do that so there better be a damn good reason behind it.
  • Options

bigcc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

bigcc said:

Context is king.

You have none.

STFU

Unless the players in question committed a felony, I stand with the players every time. These coaches are fucking millionaires. I don't care about their well being in the grand scheme of things because they are well taken care of and will still be millionaires if they get fired. Most of them are overpaid anyways. They coach football for fuck sake. They're not out here saving lives like surgeons or anything important like that.

I care about the kids and their well being because this is the most important time of their lives and the best shot most of them have at ever making life changing money not only for themselves, but for their families as well. If Mosiah did not commit a felony or is not accused of committing a felony, then fuck that, I do not agree with his dismissal. I also don't agree with the assumptions made about what he must have done to deserve being dismissed. We don't know shit. Sure, he can transfer to another school easily, but his best chance of maximizing his NFL earning potential was probably at UW.

An yeah, I don't like losing quality talent either. Who does? We kicked him to the curb and barring a rape case, another team will gladly pick him up (probably in the Pac-12) and laugh at UW for dismissing him. That's fucking stupid and not how you win games. That's all I care about. Win. Fucking. Games. This hurts our ability to do that so their better be a damn good reason behind it.
    Lol yea sure you do. If this was Kyler Manu who got kicked I’m sure you would be devastated for his “well being”. Fuck out of here.
    Bad example. He has zero NFL potential. Mosiah does.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Wow ballz, Never do you cease to amaze me by finding a new low
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    FirePete said:

All I care about is winning and the players' dreams coming true. What else matters? Again, no felony, no dismissal. This ain't the boy scouts.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

bigcc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

bigcc said:

Context is king.

You have none.

STFU

An yeah, I don't like losing quality talent either. Who does? We kicked him to the curb and barring a rape case, another team will gladly pick him up (probably in the Pac-12) and laugh at UW for dismissing him. That's fucking stupid and not how you win games. That's all I care about. Win. Fucking. Games. This hurts our ability to do that so their better be a damn good reason behind it.
    Lol yea sure you do. If this was Kyler Manu who got kicked I’m sure you would be devastated for his “well being”. Fuck out of here.
    Bad example. He has zero NFL potential. Mosiah does.
    So whether players should get kicked off the team or not has to do with their NFL potential, not the action they took to get kicked off. Got it. You've revealed your shitty hand.

How many hours have you spent on this thread today? Do you look back on all that time lost and say to yourself, "Yep, that was worth it."? Curious.
    Nope, same standard for everybody. No felony, no dismissal.

Is any time on a message board worth it? I don't know. I mostly replace TV with this. Everybody wastes time. That's irrelevant.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    Southwick took a polygraph test to clear his name lol what a loser.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited July 2019

FirePete said:

All I care about is winning and the players' dreams coming true. What else matters? Again, no felony, no dismissal. This ain't the boy scouts.
    Allowing a cancer to fester in the locker room is also not a way to win. Having an absolute rule like that is not smart.

I will never gloat about a kid getting dismissed. So, that’s not what this is about.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

whuggy said:

Ballz wins pretty much every thread on here because people are too stupid to ignore when he goes full bullshit. He knows it's bullshit and doesn't care because he wins with the engagement. If you want it to stop just ignore when he barfs out a bullshit take. The 10% of the time he puts out a reasoned take, engage that. Don't complain about him blowing up threads because if you counter the BS you are just an accomplice. He'd stop with the horseshit if there were no responses. Unfortunately theres a lot of folks on here with nothing better to do than fake argue when he goes full on moron.

A cunt needs to be called a cunt when she is acting cunty.
    I agree.

However, I can say that my wife certainly does not agree.

• Options
    lawsandl said:

FirePete said:

Allowing a cancer to fester in the locker room is also not a way to win. Having an absolute rule like that is not smart.

I will never gloat about a kid getting dismissed. So, that’s not what this is about.
    Sure, someone who is continuously causing problems with teammates can't be held onto. But in that case, there should be multiple warnings and in-house discipline before it gets to the level of dismissal.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

lawsandl said:

FirePete said:

Sure, someone who is continuously causing problems with teammates can't be held onto. But in that case, there should be multiple warnings and in-house discipline before it gets to the level of dismissal.

lawsandl said:

FirePete said:

I think kid did something horrible that is why pete decided that it was time to go
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,185
    Founders Club

lawsandl said:

FirePete said:

And perhaps there was.

You have an intellect rivaled by garden tools.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

lawsandl said:

FirePete said:

And perhaps there was.

Do you know the facts? We saw no previous suspension from the team.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

FirePete said:

And perhaps there was.

Do you know the facts? We saw no previous suspension from the team.

You're the one suggesting he had previous problems at UW. I'm waiting for the evidence of that claim.