Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Non-AIDS ADIDAS uniform thread

2»

Comments

• UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110

TheDozer said:

I mentioned this in the old thread in the middle of the AIDS but season ticket holders should be able to get a look starting the 6th. I will try and sneak some photos if at all possible.

You’re actually going to take the time to go down there, tour the PartnerShip and see the uniforms. JFC. Kill yourself.

Multiple people on Doogman, as well as BTP and some others here, have all heard similar things:

"They were described to me as a more traditional uniform husky uniform, with W logo on upper chest, numbers on front and back, and name on back. No piping or stripes apparently. The pant will also be traditional with no striping down the pant with a W on the front hip. Colors seen were purple and white jersey and a gold, purple, and white pant.

My contact showed me a picture of the Georgia Tech white Adidas jersey as an example of what to expect."

For reference:

Penis too small
    Too uncircumcised.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Caple:

They want you to think of the ’90s

“Purple Haze,” the Jimi Hendrix classic, played over speakers as the large purple storage container opened, revealing the three uniform sets worn by gold-armed mannequins. Inside one of the doors was a display case filled with Adidas products and photos of Huskies past — and only Huskies past. I counted six photos of Don James, plus pictures of Marques Tuiasosopo, Steve Emtman and Mario Bailey.

That nod to tradition — and to the 1990s in particular — was reflected throughout the display. The “classic block numbers” are intended to “represent the famed Don James era,” and the purple color was tweaked to match the shade worn at that time. The angles on the block numbers — “this is our angle of pursuit” was etched onto one of the storage container doors — are intended to mimic that of the block W. The three stripes on the shoulders are described as “purple iridescent film fit for football royalty,” and are a nod to the two white stripes on the sleeves of UW’s jerseys in the 1980s and ’90s.

One of the messages plastered inside the container: “Inspired by history, designed for the future.”

Here is some other jargon I wrote down:

• Seamless primeknit for unrestricted range of motion
    • Climacool enhanced breathability

There are raindrops on the numbers

Here we have the one feature you can’t see in the leaked photo. You won’t be able to see it on TV, either. The uniform numbers are each splashed with faint color resembling raindrops — an off-white on the white numbers, and a dark purple (dare we say … black?) on the purple numbers — intended to add a Pacific Northwest feel. There were many conversations during the design process about “in the stands” vs. “in your hands,” and the goal was to provide a different experience between the two — meaning a player who picks up his jersey and holds it in front of his face will notice things that won’t be apparent from the upper deck.

These guys talk about it even more: