Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

WOOF!111!!!!!1111 (Triston Brown) (Punter) (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Who cares? It’s a fucking punter

He only plays when we fuck up

This is true but if he can coffin corner the opposition deep I'm sold.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    NEsnake12 said:

Bro we’ve been in too many smuggest games to talk down the importance of a good punter.

I’m so fucking glad we don’t have to play against Mitch Wishnowsky next year. It was so demoralizing to watch him consistently pin us back when we already couldn’t move the ball on Utah’s D
    Jake Browning...

But agree
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bread said:

He sucks he averaged 36.6 yard per punt lol

That’s good for an above average HS punter

Theres a reason he went to juco, obviously wasn't punting great in highschool.

Here is an excerpt on why he became such a coveted juco prospect:

But last year he went to camp with 3DKP, a biomechanics kicking program based in Orange County. Turns out he had never played baseball as a kid and it ruined his kicking motion. The basic biomechanics that most baseball players are taught in T-ball — the hip turn and core torque required to hit a baseball — had never learned. His body hadn’t been conditioned for that, and, it turns out, the same movements needed to swing a bat are essential for an optimal kicking motion.

So Brown was hooked up to 4-D motion sensors that recorded his movements and gauged his strength, and then given a baseball bat to swing. Tests showed Brown generated roughly the same amount of power while standing up and swinging the bat as he did when he swung on his knees.

This provided a vital diagnosis for Brown’s mechanics: He wasn’t properly using his core, his hips or his upper half for his kicks. Or as Dedeaux described: “He wasn’t mechanically connected.”

“With most guys … we can find through strength or mechanics that we can get more out of them,” Dedeaux said. “With (Brown), it was ‘OK, there’s something already there. We don’t have to build — we have to tap into it. Let’s find it.’ ”

Brown’s turnaround started with a simple turn of his hips. The mechanical adjustments were more complex than that — his body had to be, using Dedeaux’s word, “rewired” to better incorporate his core muscles and his legs, among other things — but the changes began to take shape fairly quickly during his 3DKP training.

“Once he started to figure it out — how to use his middle half — the ball started to pop,” Dedeaux said.

Brown spent the better part of three months in Orange County reshaping his techniques. There were days Dedeaux ordered Brown to rest and, well, the Kicker would show up anyway at Golden West Junior College, eager to kick.
    #MyRustlers
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

So he's going to play a lot???
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Mainly on series where Petersen or Hamden are calling the plays.
  • Options

Probably
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    Standard Supporter
    dhdawg said:
    Well.....we're waiting.gif
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    This sounds more like a classified ad for a $2,000 car
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,479
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

Bro we’ve been in too many smuggest games to talk down the importance of a good punter.

I’m so fucking glad we don’t have to play against Mitch Wishnowsky next year. It was so demoralizing to watch him consistently pin us back when we already couldn’t move the ball on Utah’s D
    Fucking this. Dude was the only player worth a shit for then in the CCG.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    Standard Supporter

I wonder if Chris Sailer and the long snapper guy, Rubio, double team chicks together
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

I wonder if Chris Sailer and the long snapper guy, Rubio, double team chicks together
    Highly doubtful
  • Options

Highly doubtful
    Each other?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,892
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

NEsnake12 said:

This. I love making jokes about soccer fags and kickers as much as the next asshole, but having a good punter and kicker is pretty much the best thing ever.
    Hurtful.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,116
    Founders Club
    So we’ll call him brownsocks and he won’t be able to punt, fantastic
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 773
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Wasn't there supposed to be a collosial announcement yesterday? What happened?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Wasn't there supposed to be a collosial announcement yesterday? What happened?

Ruth found a silverback for BTP
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Following his graduation from Brea (Ca.) Olinda High School in 2014, Brown took off for a couple of years, working odd jobs, including one as a roofer, while living in San Diego, but he always had that itch and desire to see if playing football at a higher level was a possibility.

Brown had been talking to the Husky coaching staff since January and this past weekend, he wound up heading to Montlake to take part in their kicking camp that was held on the east practice field.

"You could tell they were going to put you in a place to succeed, so when they offered, I thought about it and then I basically committed before I left."

"Yeah, I'm excited," the new 22-year-old admitted. "The facilities and the campus up there are amazing and there's a spot opening up (with Joel Whitford graduating), so I know I'll have a good chance at playing and see where it takes me from there."

As a freshman for the Mounties last season, Brown averaged 36.3 yards on 37 punts with a long of 67 and 16 dropped inside the 20 while inducing 14 fair catches.

Chris Sailer:

"Triston is a big time junior college punting prospect. He is a talented athlete with an explosive leg. He hits a consistent ball and easily averages 45+ yards with 4.5+ hang time. He also shows that he can hit a big time D1 ball of 50+ with 5.0+ hang time. Triston has great footwork and shows that he can directional punt at a high level. A competitor that thrives under pressure. He has shown steady improvement each time we have seen him. He has all the tools to take his game to the 4-year level and dominate. A fine young man that is always a pleasure to work with. Look for Triston to dominate this 2019 summer and pick up multiple college offers. Phenomenal punting prospect. OFFER NOW!!!"

In addition to his interest from the Huskies, Brown had also been talking with Texas A&M and Penn State, both of which wanted him to attend their camps in order to get an offer, but as of today he's shut things down and only wants to focus on his future as a Dawg.

Brown will redshirt this season and plans to sign with Washington in December and he will have three years to play three when he enrolls in January.