Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Malik Agbo, 2022 4* OL, Federal Way (Todd Beamer), WA (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Watch Sark pry him away...

It’ll be the first tim ever Sark is able to get a 4-star OL out of Washington.
    Poor Dr. Zach Banner
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,114
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

chuck said:

Watch Sark pry him away...

Never dismiss a recruiter willing to propose marriage to a 17 uear old boy.
    @MattGaetzDawg?
    Not the brightest.

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,571
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Dom Hampton looks like a fucking DE lmao
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Dom Hampton looks like a fucking DE lmao

Hahaha we don’t have DE
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Looks like he will be attending the Oklahoma ChampU BBQ in mid June along with Dave Luli.
  • Options
    OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

OreDawg said:

Looks like he will be attending the Oklahoma ChampU BBQ in mid June along with Dave Luli.

As someone who has spent time in Oklahoma in June I don’t see that BBQ being the selling point OU thinks its going to be to kids form the PNW. Then again I was at Fort Sill and everything about that place sucks no matter the season.
    I think it goes without saying coeds in Norman >>>> fat Army wives in Fort Sill.
    For sure. Sill is the land of the dependapotomus.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Norman sucks ... there’s no way around it
  • Options
    louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 335
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Kid just released his Junior season HUDL. I mean, I'm pretty unimpressed. For being 6-6, 320 and having offers from every school in the country he looks like a big-bodied JAG. Doesn't push anyone around, isn't quick, doesn't finish plays, etc. Go watch Josh Conerly's hudl and then look at this kid... Agbo isn't anywhere close to the player Conerly is. Hard pass.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/13660349/607bcc66a018ca1344e5ae92
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Kid just released his Junior season HUDL. I mean, I'm pretty unimpressed. For being 6-6, 320 and having offers from every school in the country he looks like a big-bodied JAG. Doesn't push anyone around, isn't quick, doesn't finish plays, etc. Go watch Josh Conerly's hudl and then look at this kid... Agbo isn't anywhere close to the player Conerly is. Hard pass.

High school don’t matter according to some
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Thanks for posting the film ...

There are some things that stand out for me watching the video:

1) You can tell that for a big man that he moves really well with his feet and has some pretty good balance ... there are attributes that he has that you can't teach

2) That said, he's also far from a finished product (few are at this age) and he's got some development to do ... but you can coach up the development ... can't coach up the size/athletic ability combo

3) It's hard to tell how much of this is the coaching that he gets at the HS level versus how much is the player itself, but you'd definitely like to see more of a nasty streak in the film. For example, when you go back and watch the film of Owen Prentice, just about every play is him pancaking someone. It's a mentality out of OL play ... you got to have a little mean and nasty in you on the field regardless of how much of a teddy bear you are off of it. Just watching how the UW program is being run at the moment, I can't imagine surviving as a OL or DL if you don't have some nasty in you

4) A little surprising watching the film and seeing him at RT as most high end T prospects are going to play LT at the HS level ... particularly for a Washington HS program. May not be anything but something that was a tad noteworthy for me not knowing much about Agbo, how long he's been playing, development curve, etc.

5) The coaching and development aspect also stood out a bit for me in that you see a lot of clips where he performs his responsibility well and then kind of looks around like he's ready for the next rep. Again, to me this goes back to the development side as he's got the physical tools but I wonder how much development there is to do (not that that's a bad thing). It just looks like he's more comfortable at this point executing the drill or rep versus taking it to the field.

All in all, this is a prospect that you definitely would take and it is a testament for why he's been offered by who he has been offered by. That said, I definitely see some development to do prior to playing at a college level. Going to a program where he can continue to get reps and apply his trade on the practice field for probably 2 years before being in the noticeable depth is probably right for him. Washington has the depth to be able to do that. His most likely college path as I see it (as a future starter):

Year 1: Redshirt
    Year 2: Scout Team
    Year 3: 2nd string
    Year 4: Starter
    Year 5: Starter

For what it is worth, Ektard has a 3 inch crystal dong to LSU for him
    So you’re saying he’s a project?

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Yes he’s a project

I say that and the next thing that gets said is why
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Thanks for posting the film ...

There are some things that stand out for me watching the video:

1) You can tell that for a big man that he moves really well with his feet and has some pretty good balance ... there are attributes that he has that you can't teach

2) That said, he's also far from a finished product (few are at this age) and he's got some development to do ... but you can coach up the development ... can't coach up the size/athletic ability combo

3) It's hard to tell how much of this is the coaching that he gets at the HS level versus how much is the player itself, but you'd definitely like to see more of a nasty streak in the film. For example, when you go back and watch the film of Owen Prentice, just about every play is him pancaking someone. It's a mentality out of OL play ... you got to have a little mean and nasty in you on the field regardless of how much of a teddy bear you are off of it. Just watching how the UW program is being run at the moment, I can't imagine surviving as a OL or DL if you don't have some nasty in you

4) A little surprising watching the film and seeing him at RT as most high end T prospects are going to play LT at the HS level ... particularly for a Washington HS program. May not be anything but something that was a tad noteworthy for me not knowing much about Agbo, how long he's been playing, development curve, etc.

5) The coaching and development aspect also stood out a bit for me in that you see a lot of clips where he performs his responsibility well and then kind of looks around like he's ready for the next rep. Again, to me this goes back to the development side as he's got the physical tools but I wonder how much development there is to do (not that that's a bad thing). It just looks like he's more comfortable at this point executing the drill or rep versus taking it to the field.

All in all, this is a prospect that you definitely would take and it is a testament for why he's been offered by who he has been offered by. That said, I definitely see some development to do prior to playing at a college level. Going to a program where he can continue to get reps and apply his trade on the practice field for probably 2 years before being in the noticeable depth is probably right for him. Washington has the depth to be able to do that. His most likely college path as I see it (as a future starter):

Year 1: Redshirt
    Year 2: Scout Team
    Year 3: 2nd string
    Year 4: Starter
    Year 5: Starter

For what it is worth, Ektard has a 3 inch crystal dong to LSU for him
    Not that shocking if they run the ball a lot. A lot of teams but their biggest and best run blockers on the right side.