Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A Duck's Perspective on the Mora Thing

AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
There's other coaches out there who can win at UW. Hell, even Sloppy Steve won more than he lost there (barely). I think Mora was an 80% solution - based on his record at UCLA it seems likely that he would have done well had he taken the UW job. But you never know for sure. Also, pulling a coach from within a conference is always a dicey deal in terms of recruiting and what-not.

Here's the thing: Pool Boy went for the big play. He didn't get there, and maybe that's his fault. Maybe you would have done better. But he made an offer, and he made a big offer. And there's no doubt that UW is willing to pay a coaching staff handsomely. Sark's staff was the best paid in the Pac 12 by a pretty good margin. So maybe this thing isn't Pool Boy's fault. Maybe Mora likes what he has going on at UCLA. Whatever. It's done now.

So look at your lists of coaches. DeRuyter, the guy at North Dakota State, Tormey (just kidding), there are probably others. Maybe Pool Boy catches lightning in a bottle by mistake. Maybe the surefire hire turns out to be a fuckup. Mora's not the only pretty girl at the bar.

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Carl Pelini. It's legal in Washington State.
  • Yeah but she's the prettiest girl at the bar AND will let you bare pickle the two hole.

Abundance.

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    She just left with her boyfriend. Look elsewhere.
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    Maybe not.

But the more fucked up I get, the more my standards dropped.

And I've been fucked up since 1992.
    AZDuck said:

There's other coaches out there who can win at UW. Hell, even Sloppy Steve won more than he lost there (barely). I think Mora was an 80% solution - based on his record at UCLA it seems likely that he would have done well had he taken the UW job. But you never know for sure. Also, pulling a coach from within a conference is always a dicey deal in terms of recruiting and what-not.

Here's the thing: Pool Boy went for the big play. He didn't get there, and maybe that's his fault. Maybe you would have done better. But he made an offer, and he made a big offer. And there's no doubt that UW is willing to pay a coaching staff handsomely. Sark's staff was the best paid in the Pac 12 by a pretty good margin. So maybe this thing isn't Pool Boy's fault. Maybe Mora likes what he has going on at UCLA. Whatever. It's done now.

So look at your lists of coaches. DeRuyter, the guy at North Dakota State, Tormey (just kidding), there are probably others. Maybe Pool Boy catches lightning in a bottle by mistake. Maybe the surefire hire turns out to be a fuckup. Mora's not the only pretty girl at the bar.