Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

In-State Players Thread

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    DJDuck said:

Is Caden Jumper former Duck Brandon Jumper’s kid?

Yes. Brandon was one of the greatest WA high school players I’ve ever seen, but unfortunately not good enough for high end pac 10 programs at the time.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    This kid any good?

https://247sports.com/Player/Kasen-Kinchen-46047433/

Lake Stevens (Wash.) cornerback Kasen Kinchen is looking to wait until February to make a decision.

"I’d say with the offers I currently have, there’s not just one school that particularly sticks out," said Kinchen. "I am trying to sort it all out now that my high school season is over and it’s a main focus."

New Washington head coach Jimmy Lake was in Kinchen's home on Monday night for an in-home.

"I had a great convo with Coach Lake (Monday) and hope to know more about an offer before my official visit in January to Washington," said Kinchen. "Washington definitely been in contact with me. I have an official visit for January in Washington. That is a dream school if given the opportunity because ever since I was a little kid, it's been a dream to play there."

In the meantime, while Kinchen waits to see if a Washington offer materializes, other schools are staying in regular contact.

"I'm talking with Nevada a lot and I have a bunch of schools contacting me and interested like Notre Dame and Boise State," said Kinchen. "I don’t have a particular top five right now. I just appreciate all the schools that are contacting me and giving me opportunities. I have been talking to a few other schools about upcoming official visits as well. I've been talking to coaches throughout about setting up some official visits."

Kinchen said he's hearing from several schools consistently as they pursue him.

"There’s a bunch, but Montana State coaches show love almost every other day and I really appreciate their constant letters and phone calls, Coach Kyle Risinger is my guy," said Kinchen. "Washington has been talking to me a lot too and Air Force and Nevada. Tre Watson at Oregon has been great, he's someone real relatable and a guy I look up to. Utah State, Coach (Mark) Orphey and Coach (Stacy) Collins and Air Force, Coach (Mike) Thiessen is coming to my home this week. I am grateful to all of the coaches who have showed me interest."

Kinchen said he feels a decision is close despite wanting to wait until February to sign.

"My decision is getting closer and I feel like I’m starting to know where my heart is with all of it," said Kinchen. "I’m so appreciative and grateful for every opportunity I’ve been given so it’s hard but I have been talking to my family a lot and we are trying to make the best decision for my future sometime in December, when I should have a definite answer. And then I think I’ll be signing in February."

A three-star in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite Rankings, Kinchen is ranked as the No. 16 prospect in the state of Washington.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    Standard Supporter

This kid any good?

Lake Stevens (Wash.) cornerback Kasen Kinchen is looking to wait until February to make a decision.

"I’d say with the offers I currently have, there’s not just one school that particularly sticks out," said Kinchen. "I am trying to sort it all out now that my high school season is over and it’s a main focus."

New Washington head coach Jimmy Lake was in Kinchen's home on Monday night for an in-home.

"I had a great convo with Coach Lake (Monday) and hope to know more about an offer before my official visit in January to Washington," said Kinchen. "Washington definitely been in contact with me. I have an official visit for January in Washington. That is a dream school if given the opportunity because ever since I was a little kid, it's been a dream to play there."

In the meantime, while Kinchen waits to see if a Washington offer materializes, other schools are staying in regular contact.

"I'm talking with Nevada a lot and I have a bunch of schools contacting me and interested like Notre Dame and Boise State," said Kinchen. "I don’t have a particular top five right now. I just appreciate all the schools that are contacting me and giving me opportunities. I have been talking to a few other schools about upcoming official visits as well. I've been talking to coaches throughout about setting up some official visits."

"There’s a bunch, but Montana State coaches show love almost every other day and I really appreciate their constant letters and phone calls, Coach Kyle Risinger is my guy," said Kinchen. "Washington has been talking to me a lot too and Air Force and Nevada. Tre Watson at Oregon has been great, he's someone real relatable and a guy I look up to. Utah State, Coach (Mark) Orphey and Coach (Stacy) Collins and Air Force, Coach (Mike) Thiessen is coming to my home this week. I am grateful to all of the coaches who have showed me interest."

Kinchen said he feels a decision is close despite wanting to wait until February to sign.

"My decision is getting closer and I feel like I’m starting to know where my heart is with all of it," said Kinchen. "I’m so appreciative and grateful for every opportunity I’ve been given so it’s hard but I have been talking to my family a lot and we are trying to make the best decision for my future sometime in December, when I should have a definite answer. And then I think I’ll be signing in February."

A three-star in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite Rankings, Kinchen is ranked as the No. 16 prospect in the state of Washington.

The fact that hes visiting in february tells me he's a backup plan in case someone leaves but Jimmy may also pull the "earn a scholarship like Myles Bryant" card on him
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

This kid any good?

The fact that hes visiting in february tells me he's a backup plan in case someone leaves but Jimmy may also pull the "earn a scholarship like Myles Bryant" card on him
    This. He's pretty good and if he has a commitable offer to Cal he should absolutely take it.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Biggins changed CB on Jaylen Clark to cloudy, could be about him
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    I'd love to take Alphonse over Smith or maybe even the Lawndale guy who isnt Esteen
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025

Biggins changed CB on Jaylen Clark to cloudy, could be about him

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,151
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    This hype couldn't possibly be about a Boise State offer, could it?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

I think It's about another kid getting an Arizona offer
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,151
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

I think It's about another kid getting an Arizona offer
    This hype couldn't possibly be about an Arizona offer, could it?