Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Greatest 11th album in rock music history?

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,952
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
At the request of @RaceBannon

Greatest 11th album in rock music history? 18 votes

AC/DC - The Razor's Edge
0%
David Bowie - Heroes
0%
Beatles - Abbey Road
33%
alumni94chuckdfleaBad_MotherDuckerKaepskneeYellowSnow 6 votes
Fleetwood Mac - Fleetwood Mac (self titled LP which was their first with Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham)
5%
PostGameOrangeSlices 1 vote
Pink Floyd - The Wall
55%
SwayeMad_SonYouKnowItdncLebamDawgBearsWiinNEsnake12El_KUSMChawkJoeEDangerously 10 votes
Rolling Stones - Goat's Head Soup
0%
Write-in Option
5%
RaceBannon 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,409
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Write-in Option
    From mid 60's flower power pop to the Godfather of (Seattle) Grunge

Crazy Horse played with both Nirvana and Pearl Jam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beatles - Abbey Road
    This correct outcome here should be Abbey Road in a blow out. Shout out, of course, to @Swaye on young Lindsay!!

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Write-in Option
    Born today 6-18

Paul McCartney

Race Bannon
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beatles - Abbey Road

Bad Maff here on my part. I thought Rust was his 12th but you are correct on it being 11th.

Lyrically, this is by far my favorite Neil Young album. Every song from the one about Elizabeth Warren to Sedan Delivery is fucking amazing.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,093
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Pink Floyd - The Wall
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beatles - Abbey Road
    Mad_Son said:

U R wrong but I still laffed.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Born today 6-18

Paul McCartney

Race Bannon

Happy Birthday Grandpa Race!
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,093
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Pink Floyd - The Wall

Mad_Son said:

U R wrong but I still laffed.
    Time will tell.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Write-in Option

Bad Maff here on my part. I thought Rust was his 12th but you are correct on it being 11th.

Lyrically, this is by far my favorite Neil Young album. Every song from the one about Elizabeth Warren to Sedan Delivery is fucking amazing.
    Wiki is my source. I just count down the list

I remember it because I had taken a Neil Young break after the 70's and didn't pay a lot of attention. This album got my attention back
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beatles - Abbey Road

Wiki is my source. I just count down the list

I remember it because I had taken a Neil Young break after the 70's and didn't pay a lot of attention. This album got my attention back
    Beating a women with varicose veins at the pool hall will grab one's attention.
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pink Floyd - The Wall

This correct outcome here should be Abbey Road in a blow out. Shout out, of course, to @Swaye on young Lindsay!!

The Wall is a tough out.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beatles - Abbey Road
    USMChawk said:

The Wall is a tough out.
    It is on a college football message bored.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Pink Floyd - The Wall
    2nd guitar solo in Comfortably Numb... Top 5 of all time
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beatles - Abbey Road
    I would've voted for Abbey Road anyways, but ti leave out Rust was criminal. Criminal I tells ya.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beatles - Abbey Road
    Wait a tic...I had this figured out before and it should've been Let It Be not Abbey Road. I was happy not to have to choose between Rust and Abbey Road.

Beatles fans consider Let it Be to have been first as they did all the work on it, had a meltdown and split, then came back to record Abbey Road. Abbey Road is the last thing they worked on together.

Anyways...I only bitch for the amusement. Doesn't matter either way really, though if this happens again I may ask Derek for my $25 donation back.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beatles - Abbey Road
    chuck said:

Wait a tic...I had this figured out before and it should've been Let It Be not Abbey Road. I was happy not to have to choose between Rust and Abbey Road.

Beatles fans consider Let it Be to have been first as they did all the work on it, had a meltdown and split, then came back to record Abbey Road. Abbey Road is the last thing they worked on together.

Anyways...I only bitch for the amusement. Doesn't matter either way really, though if this happens again I may ask Derek for my $25 donation back.

Wait, so was Get Back/Let it Be a finished product before Abbey Road hit record shoppes or did Phil Spector still do a bunch of production work with the tapes to finish thing?

#trustflyanglers
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beatles - Abbey Road

chuck said:

Wait, so was Get Back/Let it Be a finished product before Abbey Road hit record shoppes or did Phil Spector still do a bunch of production work with the tapes to finish thing?

#trustflyanglers
    I'm a little fuzzy on the details of the timeline. I think you may be right about the finishing work for Let it Be coming after. The band was definitely long since done with it though, were working on solo stuff, then got together one last time to record Abbey Road.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beatles - Abbey Road
    chuck said:

chuck said:

#trustflyanglers
    I'm a little fuzzy on the details of the timeline. I think you may be right about the finishing work for Let it Be coming after. The band was definitely long since done with it though, were working on solo stuff, then got together one last time to record Abbey Road.
    I was being snarky, of course. Let it Be wasn't quite a finished product by Aug 1969 (Abbey Road's release); Paul and George still added some overdubs along with Spector doing his thing. But you're correct in the sense that the Abbey Road sessions were the last time all 4 Beatles were ever in the same recording studio together.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beatles - Abbey Road

chuck said:

chuck said:

#trustflyanglers
    I was being snarky, of course. Let it Be wasn't quite a finished product by Aug 1969 (Abbey Road's release); Paul and George still added some overdubs along with Spector doing his thing. But you're correct in the sense that the Abbey Road sessions were the last time all 4 Beatles were ever in the same recording studio together.
    Don't snark me you gawd damned bug flicker. I can low hole you and whip my shit all the way to the upstream riffle. I'll cork your ass! What are you gonna do? Roll cast at me?