Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Avantae Williams

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Anyone calling Dana Altman elite should never be allowed to post on APAG's bored again.

He's has made it past the round of 32 4 times in 13 years coaching in the Power 5.

That's one more than Lorenzo Romar. Yes he made it further than Romar twice in that time. I'm not saying he's Romar, don't twist.

But he's a long fucking way from elite.

One of the most embarrassing threads in the history of HH.

Almost as embarrassing as you trying to push "above average", which is what really begat the shit show.

You're being APAG pushing concentration camps. Just stop already.
    BTP calling him elite began the shit show.

He's closer to above average than elite.

hth
    Hope away; it doesn't.

Your're playing semantics. IDGAF about the word elite. People mean different things by that. One guy would say John Wooden, which would disqualify Dean Smith. Somebody else would say it's lower than that. I threw out a new baseline: best coach in the conference. You watched and stayed on the sideline so you could keep pressing your first comment, which was way more off than BTP's assessment. Stop.

Coach K is elite. Altman is not Coach K, but then again, he doesn't recruit to Duke either.

But he's a really good coach. He fucking proved it again this season by pulling that shit season out of the garbage and making a run in the tourney. While Hop shit his pants in the confermce tourney.
    I didn't argue with you on best coach in the conference. If I'm ranking Pac12 coaches I put Altman number one.

That doesn't get him anywhere close to elite.
    But didn't walk back "slightly above average, maybe good". JFC.

Done. You're APAG on this and my attention span just won't hold.
    I never said slightly above average.

Try again.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Anyone calling Dana Altman elite should never be allowed to post on APAG's bored again.

He's has made it past the round of 32 4 times in 13 years coaching in the Power 5.

That's one more than Lorenzo Romar. Yes he made it further than Romar twice in that time. I'm not saying he's Romar, don't twist.

But he's a long fucking way from elite.

One of the most embarrassing threads in the history of HH.

Almost as embarrassing as you trying to push "above average", which is what really begat the shit show.

You're being APAG pushing concentration camps. Just stop already.
    BTP calling him elite began the shit show.

He's closer to above average than elite.

hth
    Hope away; it doesn't.

Your're playing semantics. IDGAF about the word elite. People mean different things by that. One guy would say John Wooden, which would disqualify Dean Smith. Somebody else would say it's lower than that. I threw out a new baseline: best coach in the conference. You watched and stayed on the sideline so you could keep pressing your first comment, which was way more off than BTP's assessment. Stop.

Coach K is elite. Altman is not Coach K, but then again, he doesn't recruit to Duke either.

But he's a really good coach. He fucking proved it again this season by pulling that shit season out of the garbage and making a run in the tourney. While Hop shit his pants in the confermce tourney.
    I didn't argue with you on best coach in the conference. If I'm ranking Pac12 coaches I put Altman number one.

That doesn't get him anywhere close to elite.
    But didn't walk back "slightly above average, maybe good". JFC.

Done. You're APAG on this and my attention span just won't hold.
    I never said slightly above average.

Try again.
    Trying again. Above average. Still wrong.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

The main reason I wanted Williams is because he has neck tats and two kids by 16, he’s already a grown man.

Not sure those two things qualify a kid as a "grown man". Both signs of immaturity and poor decision making skills.
    Firstly, I think he was joking. We makes jokes outside of the hood.

Secondly, we? didn't mind when Curtis Williams ("I love you buddy!") was roaming the secondary in Montlake, and he had all kinds of judgment issues.
    Joke didn't hit the mark if that was the case.

I was like 8 years old when Curtis Williams was at UW. Never saw any of those guys Neuheisel guys play. Williams certainly wouldn't be recruited by Petersen and company. Your current basketball coach knowingly played guys accused of gang rape.
    For the sake of pure schadenfreude, I read the whole damned police report after it was published somewhere. I had my pitchfork all sharpened and my torch all soaked in kerosene, but reading the report did not return the expected results. The more I read, the more I was both grossed out and surprised at how sympathetic I became to the players' defense. It's hard to draw any conclusion from the police report other than: 1.) This is filth that would tarnish even Sven's brand (NTTAWWT), and 2.) this was consensual filth that the girl later regretted. If you want to kick guys out of school or off a basketball team because they're "yucky," I guess that's up to the AD and the fans that buy tickets, but I couldn't see where any laws--or even school policies--were broken/violated.

There are roughly 85,000,000 gang bang videos on the internet. I'm sure at least a handful of the poor women in those videos regretted it after the fact. Some of these women were almost certainly legitimately drugged/coerced/etc. into doing something they didn't want to do, and this is a serious issue. The others were just victims of their own poor choices. The Oregon basketball case, at least by all available evidence, seems more like the latter than the former--and this coming from a total #metoo hippy liberal pussy who's very close to a victim of campus rape before it became a big issue. I REALLY wanted to hate those players based off the headlines, but it ended up being more of a "those guys are fucking gross" and move on kind of a thing.
    Point is, Altman had no idea if the accusation was legit or not. Any coach with integrity would suspend those players immediately and indefinitely until the investigation into the allegation is finished. He did nothing and allowed them to keep playing until the Oregon athletic department suspended the players themselves. That's some Art Briles shit.

Also, one of the players accused was under investigation for sexual assault at a previous school before transferring to Oregon. Altman is trash.
    Altman is a great coach. You'd shave your pussy to have him. Sometimes you gotta give credit where it's due.
    The hell I would! Hopkins was the conference coach of the year at UW his first two seasons as a head coach, took us from worst in the Pac to a tournament team in two years, and he's a monster recruiter. Fuck Altman. Hop is gonna spank Altman's pasty white ass this season.
    That's a lot of trash talk on behalf of a coach who got RAPED by the other coach this great season you reference.

Altman has a body of work. Hopkins is a good coach, but he has some work to do before I'd say he's better than Altman.
    Mmnnnn ... Strong words that "rape" in all upper case. Comes off so easily for you ...

Has any female members in your family ever been raped? Asking for a fren ...
  • Options
    animate said:

The main reason I wanted Williams is because he has neck tats and two kids by 16, he’s already a grown man.

Not sure those two things qualify a kid as a "grown man". Both signs of immaturity and poor decision making skills.
    Firstly, I think he was joking. We makes jokes outside of the hood.

Secondly, we? didn't mind when Curtis Williams ("I love you buddy!") was roaming the secondary in Montlake, and he had all kinds of judgment issues.
    Joke didn't hit the mark if that was the case.

I was like 8 years old when Curtis Williams was at UW. Never saw any of those guys Neuheisel guys play. Williams certainly wouldn't be recruited by Petersen and company. Your current basketball coach knowingly played guys accused of gang rape.
    For the sake of pure schadenfreude, I read the whole damned police report after it was published somewhere. I had my pitchfork all sharpened and my torch all soaked in kerosene, but reading the report did not return the expected results. The more I read, the more I was both grossed out and surprised at how sympathetic I became to the players' defense. It's hard to draw any conclusion from the police report other than: 1.) This is filth that would tarnish even Sven's brand (NTTAWWT), and 2.) this was consensual filth that the girl later regretted. If you want to kick guys out of school or off a basketball team because they're "yucky," I guess that's up to the AD and the fans that buy tickets, but I couldn't see where any laws--or even school policies--were broken/violated.

There are roughly 85,000,000 gang bang videos on the internet. I'm sure at least a handful of the poor women in those videos regretted it after the fact. Some of these women were almost certainly legitimately drugged/coerced/etc. into doing something they didn't want to do, and this is a serious issue. The others were just victims of their own poor choices. The Oregon basketball case, at least by all available evidence, seems more like the latter than the former--and this coming from a total #metoo hippy liberal pussy who's very close to a victim of campus rape before it became a big issue. I REALLY wanted to hate those players based off the headlines, but it ended up being more of a "those guys are fucking gross" and move on kind of a thing.
    Point is, Altman had no idea if the accusation was legit or not. Any coach with integrity would suspend those players immediately and indefinitely until the investigation into the allegation is finished. He did nothing and allowed them to keep playing until the Oregon athletic department suspended the players themselves. That's some Art Briles shit.

Also, one of the players accused was under investigation for sexual assault at a previous school before transferring to Oregon. Altman is trash.
    Altman is a great coach. You'd shave your pussy to have him. Sometimes you gotta give credit where it's due.
    The hell I would! Hopkins was the conference coach of the year at UW his first two seasons as a head coach, took us from worst in the Pac to a tournament team in two years, and he's a monster recruiter. Fuck Altman. Hop is gonna spank Altman's pasty white ass this season.
    That's a lot of trash talk on behalf of a coach who got RAPED by the other coach this great season you reference.

Altman has a body of work. Hopkins is a good coach, but he has some work to do before I'd say he's better than Altman.
    Mmnnnn ... Strong words that "rape" in all upper case. Comes off so easily for you ...

Has any female members in your family ever been raped? Asking for a fren ...
    I hit the keys on the keyboard especially hard when I typed it.

No.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Okay, time to roll. Child's explanation for SAC.

Part 1: Why UO settled

Universities and school districts carry a lot of insurance. A FUCKING LOT. You want to sue them, because they will settle more often than not if a case has even a shred of liability. Why? Because this guy

Has unlimited time, while a large institution will hire an outside firm to represent them. U of O has in-house counsel, but they exist for procedural nothings. Anytime there is a serious risk (like when there is a chance of going over policy limits) whether you're a large company or whatever, you hire an outside firm. You don't use the insurance company's lawyer, because it's this guy:

A phone call there, and a phone call there, and an investigator and a paralegal will get you to $800k in no time. It's just easier for you and your insurance company to settle. Out of that $800k only a tiny fraction comes from the university. An $800k settlement in a case like this is basically just getting it off your desk. If it went to an actual trial U of O would have (most likely) easily won. You were gangraped by Oregon basketball players, who people said you were with willingly and were never criminally charged, and then you proceeded to keep fucking other Oregon basketball players that same week? Holy shit, that's the easiest defense ever. But anyone will settle in that case, because YOUR INSURANCE PAYS FOR IT and your costs are equivalent to a week's pay for your head counsel.

Meanwhile, the three basketball players had an even flimsier tort. It was dismissed a few weeks ago. You can get a lot of shit without merit dismissed with minimal effort, which was the case here.

Part 2: Basketball

I don't understand how even the doogiest doog can think Hopkins has anything on Altman.

Hopkins at Washington: 48-22 .686

Altman at Oregon: 235-96 .71

Altman has been to six tourneys, four Sweet Sixteens, two Elite Eights, and one Final Four in nine years. He is BY FAR the most accomplished coach in the Pac-12 just based off his time at Oregon, before you include his past at Creighton. There are probably ten or fifteen coaches in college basketball who you would rather have, and none of them coach in this conference.

Jesus, how the fuck is this even a debate? One guy has coached in 14 tournaments and the other in one. At least wait until Hopkins does something with his guys instead of Romar's. Will he lead Washington to a better program than Oregon's? Maybe. Why don't you wait some time to see, it will take a while.

Part 3: "Tae" Williams

This kid is really good at football, but he also had two kids and two schools before he turned 17. He committed to Oregon 10 months before he visited. Will he wind up at Oregon? Probably not, but he has a higher chance of being an impact player than any defender going to a Pac-12 school this year. Unless Flowe goes to USC or Smalls to Oregon. That's why you put up with his bullshit, and if you get him in the end it's a home run but if you don't at least you struck out swinging instead of being a pussy recruiter who is looking for "good guys."
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,212
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think @PDXDuckFan gave me his classic Racist Bannon rant over this case
  • Options

It's not rape if it's not rape. Her own friends say she was bragging about it. Go ahead and lynch the black cockus though, RacistBannon.
  • Options

That dude was a gold mine. Just an amazing collection of gems here:

Realistically, the slut who was trained had her story fall apart, largely because her own friends said she was bragging about it. So, no charges were filed, and Little Miss Slutty is back on campus as if nothing ever happened.

Also, your rape fantasies about me signal an issue, bruh. Seek help, Half Brain.

No, I like to call sluts, sluts. This chick acted like a slut. 3 guys one night, plus two the next day. Hell, she even slept with Joe Young the next afternoon, and bragged about it to friends. The UO President was forced to resign over this fiasco.

Good to know.

It's not rape if it's not rape. Her own friends say she was bragging about it. Go ahead and lynch the black players though, RacistBannon.

There was no victim, RacistBannon.

I assumed you knew they are black, well, because they're black, and this was national news. If you're ignorant about it, why are you posting? Is it because you're a Racist, Bannon? You're the one calling them rapists, even though no charges were filed, nor were they even arrested.

You're the one calling them rapists, RacistBannon. I'm the one saying they didn't rape the slut.

I assumed you knew what the fuck you were posting about, since it received a lot of publicity.

Guess I was wrong. I'll be sure to remember that you post about topics that you have no information about. In other words, you're a dipshit.

Classic RacistBannon

You're the one calling them rapists, RacistBannon, even though no charges were filed, and the slut's story was contradicted by her own friends.

But this one is my favorite

IF THERE WERE NO CHARGES FILED THERE WAS NO RAPE

Q.E.D. MOTHERFUCKERS

Jameis Winston approves of this poast

Ho. Lee. Shit.

#MeToo would eat this dude alive.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,212
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Imagine duckfighter calling duck players rapists
  • Options
    dnc said:

It's not rape if it's not rape. Her own friends say she was bragging about it. Go ahead and lynch the black cockus though, RacistBannon.
    @StrongArmCobra is a self-loathing black man from Tacoma's Hilltop neighborhood who wants desperately to be accepted by upper middle-class white society, which he interprets as UW fandom.

Sold out three brothers in the Yuge w/o even looking at the police report. All to substantiate a desperately stupid argument about a basketball coach. Dude would sell his mother, assuming he knows who she is, for a nickel and a used Husky T-shirt.

Sad and disgraceful. So sad. So disgraceful.
  • Options

Okay, time to roll. Child's explanation for SAC.

Part 1: Why UO settled

Universities and school districts carry a lot of insurance. A FUCKING LOT. You want to sue them, because they will settle more often than not if a case has even a shred of liability. Why? Because this guy

Has unlimited time, while a large institution will hire an outside firm to represent them. U of O has in-house counsel, but they exist for procedural nothings. Anytime there is a serious risk (like when there is a chance of going over policy limits) whether you're a large company or whatever, you hire an outside firm. You don't use the insurance company's lawyer, because it's this guy:

A phone call there, and a phone call there, and an investigator and a paralegal will get you to $800k in no time. It's just easier for you and your insurance company to settle. Out of that $800k only a tiny fraction comes from the university. An $800k settlement in a case like this is basically just getting it off your desk. If it went to an actual trial U of O would have (most likely) easily won. You were gangraped by Oregon basketball players, who people said you were with willingly and were never criminally charged, and then you proceeded to keep fucking other Oregon basketball players that same week? Holy shit, that's the easiest defense ever. But anyone will settle in that case, because YOUR INSURANCE PAYS FOR IT and your costs are equivalent to a week's pay for your head counsel.

Meanwhile, the three basketball players had an even flimsier tort. It was dismissed a few weeks ago. You can get a lot of shit without merit dismissed with minimal effort, which was the case here.

Part 2: Basketball

I don't understand how even the doogiest doog can think Hopkins has anything on Altman.

Hopkins at Washington: 48-22 .686

Altman at Oregon: 235-96 .71

Altman has been to six tourneys, four Sweet Sixteens, two Elite Eights, and one Final Four in nine years. He is BY FAR the most accomplished coach in the Pac-12 just based off his time at Oregon, before you include his past at Creighton. There are probably ten or fifteen coaches in college basketball who you would rather have, and none of them coach in this conference.

Jesus, how the fuck is this even a debate? One guy has coached in 14 tournaments and the other in one. At least wait until Hopkins does something with his guys instead of Romar's. Will he lead Washington to a better program than Oregon's? Maybe. Why don't you wait some time to see, it will take a while.

Part 3: "Tae" Williams

This kid is really good at football, but he also had two kids and two schools before he turned 17. He committed to Oregon 10 months before he visited. Will he wind up at Oregon? Probably not, but he has a higher chance of being an impact player than any defender going to a Pac-12 school this year. Unless Flowe goes to USC or Smalls to Oregon. That's why you put up with his bullshit, and if you get him in the end it's a home run but if you don't at least you struck out swinging instead of being a pussy recruiter who is looking for "good guys."

@StrongArmCobra disagrees, because it makes sense.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited June 2019
    Lol I heard some wild shit about the Jameis case
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    dnc said:

Creep does raise a good point on the definition of elite. To me it's like top 5ish in the nation, but we can be generous and expand it to top 10. There's no way elite goes beyond that.

And "coach" encompasses everything a HC is responsible for, including hiring assistants, recruiting, evaluation and x's and o's.

Elite coaches (not necessarily in order)
    K
    Calipari
    Roy
    Izzo
    Wright

Others in top 10
    Bennett
    Self
    Few
    Marshall
    Beard

Altman is in the Rick Barnes/Bruce Pearl/Matt Painter tier. You're not taking him over any of those ten guys I listed.

I agree with everyone but Self. Kansas fans have wanted to fire Self for the last 4-5 years. He has been extremely mediocre given the talent he’s had. And yes he did recruit talent, but basketball recruiting at Kansas is like football recruiting at Florida St., Alabama, and Ohio st. It isn’t that hard.
  • Options

dnc said:

Creep does raise a good point on the definition of elite. To me it's like top 5ish in the nation, but we can be generous and expand it to top 10. There's no way elite goes beyond that.

And "coach" encompasses everything a HC is responsible for, including hiring assistants, recruiting, evaluation and x's and o's.

K
    Calipari
    Roy
    Izzo
    Wright

Others in top 10
    Bennett
    Self
    Few
    Marshall
    Beard

Altman is in the Rick Barnes/Bruce Pearl/Matt Painter tier. You're not taking him over any of those ten guys I listed.

I agree with everyone but Self. Kansas fans have wanted to fire Self for the last 4-5 years. He has been extremely mediocre given the talent he’s had. And yes he did recruit talent, but basketball recruiting at Kansas is like football recruiting at Florida St., Alabama, and Ohio st. It isn’t that hard.
    Not sure about Few either. He gets a yearly pass into the show. Yeah, he's made deep runs and he's clearly a good coach, but for as automatic as it is for them to get there, he should have a ring by now.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Bill Self is a fucking overrated shithead lol

Still a good coach
  • Options
    edited June 2019

dnc said:

K
    Calipari
    Roy
    Izzo
    Wright

Others in top 10
    Bennett
    Self
    Few
    Marshall
    Beard

Kansas fans also have incredibly high standards.

I don't love Bill Self but I'd take him over Dana Altman. He took Tulsa to the E8 in three years. Added another E8 in his three years at Illinois.

He's damn good.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

dnc said:

K
    Calipari
    Roy
    Izzo
    Wright

Others in top 10
    Bennett
    Self
    Few
    Marshall
    Beard

Kansas fans also have incredibly high standards.

I don't love Bill Self but I'd take him over Dana Altman. He took Tulsa to the E8 in three years. Added another E8 in his three years at Illinois.

He's damn good.
    What happened when Self and Altman went head to head?
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019
    Altman learns three of his players have been accused of a gang rape...

...proceeds with business as usual.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019

dnc said:

@StrongArmCobra is a self-loathing black man from Tacoma's Hilltop neighborhood who wants desperately to be accepted by upper middle-class white society, which he interprets as UW fandom.

Sold out three brothers in the Yuge w/o even looking at the police report. All to substantiate a desperately stupid argument about a basketball coach. Dude would sell his mother, assuming he knows who she is, for a nickel and a used Husky T-shirt.

Sad and disgraceful. So sad. So disgraceful.
    And again, I'm not from Tacoma, ya little bitch. If I was, I'd rep Tacoma all day.

Lol accepted by white society? I don't give a fuck what white folk think. Half of them are just regular poor white trash like you living in bum fuck nowhere eating themselves to an early grave.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    If we are bashing eating fast food then i’m out!