Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

It will take someone like Jon Gruden to keep me on board

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,235
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Otherwise, my next project will be "Volunteer Football in the Phil Fulmer Era".

I do not relate to the values of the people running Husky Football, and the program culture that allowed frauds like Willingham and Sark to be hired in the first place. 20 years of bullshit, and it just continues...

Comments

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    What legit candidates out there would even the biggest negas LIPO for? I am really upset about not getting Mora but if we are willing to throw around 4 million a year (allegedly) then we should be able to bring in someone decent?
  • Options
    Founders Club

What legit candidates out there would even the biggest negas LIPO for? I am really upset about not getting Mora but if we are willing to throw around 4 million a year (allegedly) then we should be able to bring in someone decent?

But consider who is doing the hiring. When I interviewed Woodward and Emmert for my Willingham book, they both said they never dreamed of interfering with WIllingham's way of doing things. When asked to elaborate, they both said they didn't know a lot about football and so it wasn't their place.

And yet, they were the ones who hired Sark... And Woodward is the one in charge of the next hire.
  • Options
    uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

I'll LIPO for DeRuyter, Petersen, and Franklin. Right now I'm just hoping we don't wimp out and go the coordinator route. Even ASU was able to pull an established coach.
  • Options
    Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Testing 1

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

But consider who is doing the hiring. When I interviewed Woodward and Emmert for my Willingham book, they both said they never dreamed of interfering with WIllingham's way of doing things. When asked to elaborate, they both said they didn't know a lot about football and so it wasn't their place.

And yet, they were the ones who hired Sark... And Woodward is the one in charge of the next hire.
    Understandably so. I agree that they will fuck up this hiring, but being as big of a husky fan as I was growing up taking walks with my dad to games on crisp fall days.... I just somehow am holding onto the smallest amount of hope that we will catch lightning in a bottle.
  • Options
    uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

That's scary as hell. Honestly, if that's the case and he's aware that he doesn't know much about football, he really should only be looking at existing head coaches. When evaluating HCs at least you can look at their results from an analytical standpoint and judge their impact on their current program. With hiring a coordinator a lot more emphasis has to be placed on figuring out how well that coach knows the game and can transition to the HC gig. If you don't know shit about football, you shouldn't be trying to figure out which coordinator could strike it big. Stick to the HCs where at least you can look at their body of work/results and make a decision w/o having to dissect the x's and o's behind it.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I could get behind Franklin.

If it is fucking Petersen I will fucking go postal.
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

It can't be said enough, pool boy couldn't hire swim coach, let alone a head football coach to shepherd UW athletics' primary and often only paycheck back into elite status. He'll for certain require expert outside help to even compile a list of candidates and if he doesn't get it, expect to be disappointed with his next hiring failure.

There are reasons for the failure of Husky Football to rise above mediocrity over the past ten years and Woodward with his nearly total lack of qualification for the UW athletic directorship is symbolic of and a large part of those reasons. Woodward can have success this time around after he and his two predecessors have screwed the pooch with the last five straight head coaching hires, but he will have to delegate the task by hiring it out to someone or some agency expert in these matters. Perhaps Woodward has already done that.

We should be watchful and very very concerned that Husky football might be saddled with another Sark coordinator type or worse, a return to a Tyrone class over-the-hill fraud. I'm not just concerned that we have nobody known to us in administration at the UW that's capable of avoiding another mistake in hiring the right coach this time, but that the more desirable candidates (Mora, Peterson, etc) know just how fucked-up a workplace Montlake has been and could continue to be.

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited December 2013
    If UW is using this guy's search firm, you are well and truly fucked.

http://collegiatesportsassociates.com/todd-turner/

Here is their list of recent placements:

University of Akron – Head Football Coach, Terry Bowden
    Boston College – Head Football Coach, Steve Addazio
    University of Colorado – Head Football Coach, John Embree ’10; Mike McIntyre ’12
    Kent State University – Head Football Coach, Paul Haynes
    University of Nevada, Reno – Head Football Coach, Brian Polian
    University of New Mexico – Head Football Coach, Bob Davie
    University of Richmond – Head Football Coach, Danny Rocco
    Yale University – Head Football Coach, Tony Reno
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    And on top of everything else, politician types like our homely, semi-retarded poolboy, don't really understand business on any level.

However, they are good at self preservation.

HEY, SARK IS FUCKING GONE!

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm disappointed about Mora, but some of you act like he is the only good college football coach we can get. Yes, he was an ideal candidate, but get a fucking winner and all is forgiven. It doesn't need to be a marquee name. Don James wasn't a marquee name. Get a coach like him that is winning at a smaller program and give him a chance. DeRuyter, Bohl, and some others fit that bill. I'm still excited for Husky Football in the post Sark era.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I'm disappointed about Mora, but some of you act like he is the only good college football coach we can get. Yes, he was an ideal candidate, but get a fucking winner and all is forgiven. It doesn't need to be a marquee name. Don James wasn't a marquee name. Get a coach like him that is winning at a smaller program and give him a chance. DeRuyter, Bohl, and some others fit that bill. I'm still excited for Husky Football in the post Sark era.

You are witnessing the raw emotion moments after the break up. Keep some perspective yourself.
  • Options
    WildcatHBWildcatHB Member Posts: 46
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Rich Rodriguez is tanned, rested, and ready.
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    AzDuck - don't look now, Todd Turner just placed Chuck Martin at Miami of Ohio?