Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ducks offer another youngster at LaVerne camp.

DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
Oregon offers 2024 offensive lineman Aydin Breland

https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/2019/06/oregon-offers-2024-offensive-lineman-aydin-breland.html

“LA VERNE, Calif. — It didn’t take long for Mario Cristobal for be sold on Aydin Breland.

The 6-foot-3, 291-pound prospect, who just completed seventh grade, needed only to show superb athleticism by staying low to the ground and accelerating through a hoops drill for Oregon’s coach to be enamored.

Ducks offensive line coach Alex Mirabal closely watched and provided pointers to Breland during Saturday’s camp at La Verne University, which ended with Oregon offering the 2024 prospect.”

Comments

• animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Just completed 7th grade? Man .....
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    Fucking retarded.
  • GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Stupid gimmick.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Next thing you know Cristoballz will be going to Pop Warner games and extending offers
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,875
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Keep Cristoball away from the young boys
  • DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    I have vacillated on this one. One the one hand, it appears on its face ridiculous.

On the other, I wonder what the downside may be. Miami either offered or established a relationship with Sony Michelle very early on ... like middle school. He was a Hurricane locked and sealed until they just got so fucking shitty he switched at the 11th hour for Georgia, which was obviously a good move for him.

Still, it took Miami being really bad, otherwise the kid was in.

Recruiting is such a crap shoot ... I suppose it's not a great look, but then, so much isn't a great look in recruiting. Relationship Bidness.

Like I said: I go back and forth on this.
  • GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    You can establish a relationship without being so gimmicky to "offer" kids in 8th grade. There is nothing wrong with coaches talking to kids that show promise but "offering" kids that young is a terrible look.
    GDS said:

You can establish a relationship without being so gimmicky to "offer" kids in 8th grade. There is nothing wrong with coaches talking to kids that show promise but "offering" kids that young is a terrible look.

Like I said, I go back and forth.

I don't know if Al Golden or Randy Shannon offered Sony Michelle or not, and I'm not sure I'd care. There is something on its face silly about it, but "terrible" look ... not sure.

The whole process is so gross to begin with. Was it a terrible look when Rick was calling recruits while parked across the street from their house? Or whatever shit he did? I don't know. I remember not caring about any of that shit back then.

• BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Cradle robbers.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    animate said:

No shit...that’s kiffin level shit right there

animate said:

Yah man, I mean we all are football recruiting miscreants to a large degree ... but jeez ... Let kids be kids for awhile before inundating their brains and development with promises and lies. ..
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    animate said:

animate said:

Yah man, I mean we all are football recruiting miscreants to a large degree ... but jeez ... Let kids be kids for awhile before inundating their brains and development with promises and lies. ..
    If the kid is talented and a legacy then I’m indifferent to it, but other than, it’s messed up.
    animate said:

animate said:

If we? were really worried about the kids (they're just kids man!), we would advise them to learn how to swing a golf club or, if they have the goods, a baseball bat and discourage them from coming near this game.

We're not really concerned about the kids. If this recruiting method were ever proven to be effective - I think it's not - then you fuckers would all over it like white on rice.

Give me a break and cut the sanctimony. You're all full of shit.

animate said:

animate said:

If we? were really worried about the kids (they're just kids man!), we would advise them to learn how to swing a golf club or, if they have the goods, a baseball bat and discourage them from coming near this game.

We're not really concerned about the kids. If this recruiting method were ever proven to be effective - I think it's not - then you fuckers would all over it like white on rice.

Ah ... Get off the soapbox ... Draw a line somewhere and make a stand!

... Or if there's grass, play ball!?
  • IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183

animate said:

animate said:

*Yore
    animate said:

animate said:

animate said:

Like I said, if it worked, nobody would care. And you know it. I hate faux sanctimony.

I've yet to see an example of it working, but if it did, nobody would care about letting kids be kids. Nobody.

animate said:

animate said:

animate said:

Like I said, if it worked, nobody would care. And you know it. I hate faux sanctimony.

I've yet to see an example of it working, but if it did, nobody would care about letting kids be kids. Nobody.
    Institute a rule that says no offers in recruiting until grade 11 ... how realistic is that or how enforceable who knows ... But talking about it is better than getting defeatist about it