Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,479
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    It's people that are dangerous not inanimate objects. Democrats are the real killers.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Sledog said:

It's people that are dangerous not inanimate objects. Democrats are the real killers.

Even I chuckled at that one
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Guns for show...knives for a pro.

https://youtu.be/kATiU-cZCPc
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    The study should try bringing a knife to a gun fight and put the results in the conclusions.

It's not easy for me to come up with many situations where I'd prefer having a knife to a gun. Of course if you want to murder someone, either will do the trick, but the statement that knives are more dangerous than guns is simply preposterous. If that was the case, we'd have hit the beaches in Normandy with swords.

The well-equipped killer will have both.

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,657
    dflea said:

The study should try bringing a knife to a gun fight and put the results in the conclusions.

It's not easy for me to come up with many situations where I'd prefer having a knife to a gun. Of course if you want to murder someone, either will do the trick, but the statement that knives are more dangerous than guns is simply preposterous. If that was the case, we'd have hit the beaches in Normandy with swords.

You can't clean fish with a gun.

• dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dflea said:

You can't clean fish with a gun.

I did see this coming. lol
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,716
    Swaye's Wigwam
    On one of the seasons of Justified one of the bad guys was a big knife guy. He'd like to say he only needed 12 feet or whatever to kill a guy who had a gun.

So he's giving his little speech to Raylon and the Marshall pulls out his gun and shoots him dead.

First done by Indiana Jones to a guy with a sword but still gets me every tim
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

On one of the seasons of Justified one of the bad guys was a big knife guy. He'd like to say he only needed 12 feet or whatever to kill a guy who had a gun.

So he's giving his little speech to Raylon and the Marshall pulls out his gun and shoots him dead.

John wick killed a dude with a pencil.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    2001400ex said:

John wick killed a dude with a FUCKING pencil.
    Jesus how did you fuck that one up
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Sledog said:

Even I chuckled at that one
    "Guns don't kill people, democrats kill people" is a wonderful new t-shirt slogan.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited June 2019
    I for one am much more skurred of being cut than being shot. Most hoodlums that pull a gun don’t know how to use them very well. Whereas the ones that pull a knife do.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,977
    Swaye's Wigwam

https://youtu.be/vdnA-ESWcPs

My brother and I loved rewatching that scene over and over again as kids.

I guess the story goes Spielberg brought in this expert swordsman to fight Indy and it was going to be this highly choreographed, epic battle. Ford, who was sick with dysentery at the time, was in no mood to do such a drawn out scene and said to Spielberg, “why don’t I just shoot him?” Spielberg thought that was brilliant and agreed to the change.

I always felt bad for the sword guy though, I guess he spent months training for the original scene.
    Haven't watched this movie for quite awhile. For a great movie, that is some seriously bad fighting.
  • ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Tell it to Quarles' arm.