Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

So Mora didn't really want to be a Dawg

Unless you believe he didn't receive an offer at all.

We offered him millions of dollars. UCLA offered him millions of dollars. Maybe more than we did, maybe not.

But if the UW really was his dream job he would be on the way here.

Go ahead and blame this on "pool boy" or whatever conspiracy makes you feel better, but the bottom line is, Mora chose not to be a Dawg.

Husky football wasn't about Steve Sarkisian, and its not about Jim Mora.

Next...

Comments

• Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    This from the guy who had trouble deciding if Sark was really good and Ty before him.

We offered him millions of dollars. UCLA offered him millions of dollars. Maybe more than we did, maybe not.

Go ahead and blame this on "pool boy" or whatever conspiracy makes you feel better, but the bottom line is, Mora chose not to be a Dawg.

Next...

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    topdawgnc said:

I think auburn is a dick.

But he has a point.

If ... and that is a big if ... Woody went after Mora ... and laid down good money ... and Mora turned it down ... who's it on?

Mora doesn't need money. Mother fucker made 25 million off his Seahawks contract, and would be pulling in 3 million a year here, with free housing, and other free shit.

And you know damn well UW would have paid his coordinators, look what we did for Wilcox.

So either Woody never went after him ... or Mora is happy where he is at.

Or he's smart enough not to work for Woody.

• Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    All we need is to figure out what we offered... so in other words we'll never know...
  • Options
    chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Next...

HRYK
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,129
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    6 years at 3M got him? fuck you woody

it is fucking over, fuck any of you who buy tickets
  • Options
    BiggusDickusBiggusDickus Member Posts: 553
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Testing 1 First Comment
    Initial reaction from the interwebz is that Woody offered Mora more money than UCLA did, but Mora wanted to continue with what he is building in Westwood. I can't fault the guy for that. Mind you, he will never get another shot at UW.

The problem is we will end up with another 2nd tier coordinator hire - and this probably locks UW in as a middle-of-the-road program unless Woody strikes gold.

I'm not blaming Woody if he really went after Mora, and it sounds like he did.
  • Options
    If you're referring to when he said he'd leave his wife for the wishington job; he ended up leaving his wife for a stripper a month later.
  • Options
    AuburndawgAuburndawg Member Posts: 362
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    What was it you guys said about people who put a particular coach above the program?

I'm a Husky fan. Not a Mora fan or a Sark fan.
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    edited December 2013
    You don't get a good coach to leave and move within conference by asking him if he wants a few extra bucks.

You pull at the heart strings.

You SELL HIM.

I don't think poolboy did so.

I'm sure he said "we'll pay more" and that was that.

Look at the weaselly little fucker. I think he's afraid of Mora anyway and is worried about keeping a leash on him.

It's easier to hire a nobody because then that person is beholding to you.

Fuck poolboy and everyone else who thinks he tried.

Respectfully yours.
    topdawgnc said:

But he has a point.

If ... and that is a big if ... Woody went after Mora ... and laid down good money ... and Mora turned it down ... who's it on?

Mora doesn't need money. Mother fucker made 25 million off his Seahawks contract, and would be pulling in 3 million a year here, with free housing, and other free shit.

And you know damn well UW would have paid his coordinators, look what we did for Wilcox.

• Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    Mora doesn't need money

You hit on a good point there, unique situation

Did publicly say he was friends w/ Poolboy (after the Hawks, he injured himself skiing/hung out around campus re-habbing), but who knows what to believe these days
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2013
    Woody, like Sark, is a salesman.

Mora is a closer.

Salesmen and closers do not work well together.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    mobey said:

You don't get a good coach to leave and move within conference by asking him if he wants a few extra bucks.

You pull at the heart strings.

You SELL HIM.

I don't think poolboy did so.

I'm sure he said "we'll pay more" and that was that.

Look at the weaselly little fucker. I think he's afraid of Mora anyway and is worried about keeping a leash on him.

It's easier to hire a nobody because then that person is beholding to you.

Fuck poolboy and everyone else who thinks he tried.

Respectfully yours.

topdawgnc said:

But he has a point.

You have a really strong point and shame me to fucking hell.

He should have brought up the foundation and the financial commitment to it Washington donors would make.

The need to rebuild the program by a Washington man.

Fucking Christ.
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    topdawgnc said:

But he has a point.

He likely ends up with a raise, more money for assistants, extracts more commitments for facilities and gets to plunger rape the 7 win wonder and dominate LA for the next few years until Haden is gone and they hire a real coach.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    dnc said:

topdawgnc said:

But he has a point.

Or he's smart enough not to work for Woody.

or both.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    section8 said:

topdawgnc said:

But he has a point.

He likely ends up with a raise, more money for assistants, extracts more commitments for facilities and gets to plunger rape the 7 win wonder and dominate LA for the next few years until Haden is gone and they hire a real coach.
    According to the Times Mora got "assurances for better facilities"...

Are you fucking serious? Assurances ... Woody got out sold on assurances!

We have the fucking facilities!!!!!!
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    MisterEm said:

Woody, like Sark, is a salesman.

Mora is a closer.

Salesmen and closers do not work well together.

Coffee is for closers. No coffee for Pool Boy.
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    It doesn't matter whether or not UW offered Mora $millions to coach his alma mater. Mora is still a young man on the rise in his craft and based on the kind of job he's doing with the Bruins, it appears he likes his job and situation at UCLA. The question is not why Mora would reject the opportunity to sign up for his so-called dream job, but why would he leave a good job he's obviously having success at and just as obviously enjoys the university he works for as an employer.

The good college football coaches are paid a ton of money for what they do and good working situations like what Mora appears to have at UCLA are not as common as you seem to think and coaching Husky Football is simply no longer the brass ring it once was for coaches who hunger for or have a fire in the belly to be the best. Besides, Mora as a head football coach soon became unemployed in Atlanta not long after he declared UW to be his dream job and I think the young man must have learned a hard lesson about loyalty in the workplace from that experience.