Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mora Says No to UW

2»

Comments

• AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,972
    Vaya Con Dios, UW.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,326
    well whatever happens, Woodward's got a shit ton of interest to pay on a shiney new building so he better make a splashy hire
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
  • uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940
    Why the fuck don't we just dump a pile of money in front of Mora? Seriously, you could even rationalize $7 million if you had to. The economics behind a winning football team would more than make up for the extra salary, and spending money on a proven coach is one of the easiest ways in college to become a winning program. Say we get a mediocre hire and go back to averaging 60k in the stands, with a winning team we easily sell out and bump to 70k. 10k extra ticket sales for 7 games a year averaging $100 a pop is $7 mil right there. That's not even including all the ancillary benefits of a winning program (increased merch, concessions, pub for the uni itself). I just don't understand the rationale for not backing up a dump truck of money for a decent coach. None of these dollar amounts reflect the true economic impact that a good coach has, and with so many of your expenses at the college level fixed, HC salary is one of the true variables you can manipulate to increase your revenue on the back end.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    uw2010 said:

Why the fuck don't we just dump a pile of money in front of Mora? Seriously, you could even rationalize $7 million if you had to. The economics behind a winning football team would more than make up for the extra salary, and spending money on a proven coach is one of the easiest ways in college to become a winning program. Say we get a mediocre hire and go back to averaging 60k in the stands, with a winning team we easily sell out and bump to 70k. 10k extra ticket sales for 7 games a year averaging $100 a pop is $7 mil right there. That's not even including all the ancillary benefits of a winning program (increased merch, concessions, pub for the uni itself). I just don't understand the rationale for not backing up a dump truck of money for a decent coach. None of these dollar amounts reflect the true economic impact that a good coach has, and with so many of your expenses at the college level fixed, HC salary is one of the true variables you can manipulate to increase your revenue on the back end.

If you are going to dump 7 mil in front of a coach drive to Alabama ...

Run me off the board ... but Mora ain't worth 7 million ... that change will buy you whoever the fuck you want.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    Same old bullshit
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    That's ok, we didn't want him anyway
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858
    How can Mora comment, he is recruiting.
  • uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940
    topdawgnc said:

uw2010 said:

If you are going to dump 7 mil in front of a coach drive to Alabama ...

Run me off the board ... but Mora ain't worth 7 million ... that change will buy you whoever the fuck you want.
    I was more just speaking in hyperbole to illustrate the point that you can easily rationalize dumping $7 million in front of the coach you think is right for the program. In the end, the difference of a couple million per year for a HC is nothing compared to the increased revenue you gain from being a successful program.
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,502
    I'm disappointed, but can't say I'm surprised. Mora would've been a homerun, but there's plenty of other good coaches out there. Remember, from most accounts I've read, Don James was Mike Lude's third pick. We need to also keep in mind, Sark is off our hands. That was step # 1 and that was a major one to overcome. There is still hope. Let's see how this plays out.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,326
    what makes me think we deserve 0-12 forever is that folks are still upset about sark leaving... i could not look a decent coach in the eyes and try to convince him UW deserves him
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,174
    Feldman is legit so this is almost certainly true, but until there is a statement from Mora, UCLA, or we hire a different coach I will cling on to my last bit of idiot hope.
  • Mad_Son said:

Feldman is legit so this is almost certainly true, but until there is a statement from Mora, UCLA, or we hire a different coach I will cling on to my last bit of idiot hope.

UCLA announced it on their official site.