Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW's Offensive Line: A Critical and Thoughtful Analysis

2»

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,251 Founders Club
    I don't think it's that they don't want to work hard. I think they feel like they've invested a lot into Sark and into high-priced assistants and renovations to help assist and/or prop him up, depending on your point of view. There also might be an element of ego involved, in not wanting to admit that hiring Sark may have been a mistake.
  • Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    edited April 2013
    You may be right Derk, about the hard work point. I'm being cynical; a decade of lousy/poor performance does that.

I hope you're wrong about the "invested a lot part." If they feel like they can overcome weak, ineffective leadership by investing, we're really screwed.

I probably should step away from the keyboard for several years........

I don't think it's that they don't want to work hard. I think they feel like they've invested a lot into Sark and into high-priced assistants and renovations to help assist and/or prop him up, depending on your point of view. There also might be an element of ego involved, in not wanting to admit that hiring Sark may have been a mistake.

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    invested a lot in hiring an inexperienced head coach who wasn't on anyone's top 25 list of candidates... Woody's woody for Sark was no different than Hedges hiring Neu because he was so good looking... interestingly, Hedges' pheromone hire is going to haunt Woody.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Somebody drop this gem on the rivalry board.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    MisterEm said:

No point. Within minutes, it would go "poof."

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

MisterEm said:

No point. Within 53 seconds, it would go "poof."

• priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,037
    So then the obvious solution is to move Derrick Brown to OG, then UW will move past OSU in the above standings.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    Anybody paying attention who knows even a moderate amount about football would have figured this out at least three recruiting seasons ago and without the science. Why on earth Sarkisian and his recruiters have under-emphasized OL (and DL) recruiting is at minimum a head scratcher.

Given his poor to mediocre OL recruiting, it's perhaps a wonder that Sark is now working on his fourth straight 7-6 season. How can he have even one winning season without at least competing for control of the line of scrimmage....... which Sark obviously is not?

The answer requires no science and is right under your nose if you think about it. There's nothing more certain for producing a winner in football than outworking the competition in recruiting, player development, and everything else required to kick butt on the gridiron.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Tailgater said:

Anybody paying attention who knows even a moderate amount about football would have figured this out at least three recruiting seasons ago and without the science. Why on earth Sarkisian and his recruiters have under-emphasized OL (and DL) recruiting is at minimum a head scratcher.

Given his poor to mediocre OL recruiting, it's perhaps a wonder that Sark is now working on his fourth straight 7-6 season. How can he have even one winning season without at least competing for control of the line of scrimmage....... which Sark obviously is not?

The answer requires no science and is right under your nose if you think about it. There's nothing more certain for producing a winner in football than outworking the competition in recruiting, player development, and everything else required to kick butt on the gridiron.

I blame Keith Price.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    I may be wrong, but KP seemed to scramble and run more against the ducks last Saturday than he typically has against anybody. Was it because he couldn't find receivers open..... or because some big motherfucking duck was getting through the line to apply heavy pressure in a rush...... or because KP was desperately trying to make something work..... or all of these things that seem to be too hard against the best? Does it matter? No, it doesn't.