Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Most likely to not RS

Not sure which board to put this on, but I'm going with the recruiting board bc they haven't played a down. I'm curious to see who everyone thinks are the most likely to not RS this year. I'd go with-

1. Latu
2. Cam Williams
3. Calvert
4. Heimuli
5. Puka
6. Asa Turner

I put Calvert over Heimuli because he was enrolled for Spring and I love McDuffie but I don't think you burn his redshirt just to have him return kicks. Looking back over the last three years we've only had three true freshmen be impact players, Rapp, Black Beast, and Salvon. Other true freshmen played but were in back up roles or played out of necessity.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,568
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    GOAT said:

Not sure which board to put this on, but I'm going with the recruiting board bc they haven't played a down. I'm curious to see who everyone thinks are the most likely to not RS this year. I'd go with-

1. Latu
    2. Cam Williams
    3. Calvert
    4. Heimuli
    5. Puka
    6. Asa Turner

I put Calvert over Heimuli because he was enrolled for Spring and I love McDuffie but I don't think you burn his redshirt just to have him return kicks. Looking back over the last three years we've only had three true freshmen be impact players, Rapp, Black Beast, and Salvon. Other true freshmen played but were in back up roles or played out of necessity.

Baker was good.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,568
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Aside from kicker I would go

Cam Will
    Calvert
    Asa
    Heimuli
    Puka
    Cam Davis
    Bandes

Mostly just positional need at Safety and LB

Tuitele obviously could but I give Bandes the edge because he early enrolled. I think Latu redshirts.

Wildcard IMO is Fautanu, I forget his injury status but if he's healthy and over 300 lbs by summer I think he could push for a guard spot.

But knowing us we will redshirt literally everyone except Cam Will and Tim Horn.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2019
    Latu most likely going to RS, he has the physical tools but none of the skills
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Cam Williams and Puka for sure play

Turner will be interesting to see where he fits in

At least 1 of Calvert and Heimuli play ... both are going to be crazy special
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,054
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    FirePete said:

Latu most likely going to RS, he has the physical tools but none of the skills

None of the skills.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019
    GOAT said:

I’ve seen Fautanu on campus and he’s still using one of those scooter things I doubt he’ll be healthy by Fall. I’ve also seen Wattenberg and he looks like that one chubby friend everyone has. I want Bainivalu or Ale to beat him out badly.

How many in here are that chubby friend that everyone has?
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    GOAT said:

1. Latu
    2. Cam Williams
    3. Calvert
    4. Heimuli
    5. Puka
    6. Asa Turner

Tim Horn

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,234
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

If we play any of the freshman OL I am killing something.

• Options
    Founders Club

GOAT said:

I’ve seen Fautanu on campus and he’s still using one of those scooter things I doubt he’ll be healthy by Fall. I’ve also seen Wattenberg and he looks like that one chubby friend everyone has. I want Bainivalu or Ale to beat him out badly.

How many in here are that chubby friend that everyone has?

I didn't give you permission to use that video of me. Shit's embarrassing.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,206
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    GOAT said:

1. Latu
    2. Cam Williams
    3. Calvert
    4. Heimuli
    5. Puka
    6. Asa Turner

Should have made it a poll. @Gladstone weeps.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Calvert because he has a spring behind him and thinness at ILB.

Heimuli because he's probably a 3 and done, 4 years max.

McDuffie is a 4 and done so no sense redshirting him even if all he does is return kicks.

Bandes because a a fresh nose is going to play, and he's more likely than 17 year old Paama.

Cam William's obviously.

That's it. Nacau and Turner are possibles, but I see them getting their 4 games and redshirts. Tuitele as well.